onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket Office

andy jones

Advert

At first I thought the Ticket office was going be on the side facing Hamil Road, hence why I thought they had got the sign PortValeTickets on that side and PortValeShop on the front. However with the Ticket office being in the corner facing the paddock, it makes it look that it's been designed to make use of the window hatches by the Paddock.

Do you get in the leopard before the game johnny?

That's where I go. I will have a beer with you next time you're up!

Always used to and on the very rare occasions I make a home game I still head there even though I don't drink these days. As I live in Devon and work most Saturdays (or am on call) home games are very very rare these days. But if I am coming up I'll announce it on here and you can all look forward to meeting this 'weird little man' in person ;)

Dynamo etc ..

Its no use saying that mate - Vale fans will turn up 15 minutes before kick off and expect to get in but my point is that it is so painfully slow getting through the door (yes there is an exit door but people were still trying to get through the door people were queuing at because there is absolutely no signage inside or out saying ENTRANCe and EXIT with arrows.

I have only put this thread up because I desperately don't want the club to end up with a load of bad PR and lost revenue come a week on Saturday.

I haven't sent it to the SC but I know Ally comes on here so hopefully will pick up on it - but I'm also hoping someone from the senior management of the commercial side sees it and asks - why wasn't anyone monitoring the timing issue at the friendlies?

If there was then i apologise but I'd love to know what the solution they've come up with is.

I didnt realise that online ticketing wont be ready.

There has been no announcement about advance ticketing in the papers and local radio.

Just think it through guys 2 or 3,000 (at least) pay on the days having to walk in single file through a single door to get into the ticket office !!! - Mind blowing and the club need to think this through very carefully before the day and put an alternative in place - pay on the gate until online booking ready!!

Dynamo etc ..

Its no use saying that mate - Vale fans will turn up 15 minutes before kick off and expect to get in but my point is that it is so painfully slow getting through the door (yes there is an exit door but people were still trying to get through the door people were queuing at because there is absolutely no signage inside or out saying ENTRANCe and EXIT with arrows.

I have only put this thread up because I desperately don't want the club to end up with a load of bad PR and lost revenue come a week on Saturday.

I haven't sent it to the SC but I know Ally comes on here so hopefully will pick up on it - but I'm also hoping someone from the senior management of the commercial side sees it and asks - why wasn't anyone monitoring the timing issue at the friendlies?

If there was then i apologise but I'd love to know what the solution they've come up with is.

I saw signage Dave, pretty sure it was on the inside of the door, [exit door] but agree with you on the length of queues for a game that only attracted 1900 fans. I said this would happen when cashless entry was first announced.

I didnt realise that online ticketing wont be ready.

There has been no announcement about advance ticketing in the papers and local radio.

Just think it through guys 2 or 3,000 (at least) pay on the days having to walk in single file through a single door to get into the ticket office !!! - Mind blowing and the club need to think this through very carefully before the day and put an alternative in place - pay on the gate until online booking ready!!

If 3,000 fans leave it until the last minute to get their tickets we are indeed in trouble.Surely that many people won't leave it until matchday to visit the ticket office? :doh:

It will be intresting to see how many tickets were bought on the night last night. There were no season tickets in use of course. It's to be hoped that those who were inconvenienced by the queues last night will consider buying earlier for league games. It's also to be hoped that the club look at some means of managing the queues at the ticket office as well.

There were bound to be teething problems with the system - it's a change and we all know Vale fans dunner like change - but once the online system is up and running let's hope it begins to run more smoothly. Give it a chance.

If 3,000 fans leave it until the last minute to get their tickets we are indeed in trouble.Surely that many people won't leave it until matchday to visit the ticket office? :doh:

Being able to download your match ticket and print it off (as was stated would be an option) will cut the problem down a fair bit.But it dont look like that option will be available yet.It wont solve the problem but it will cut the problem down.

There was a problem with the printers/computers last night which I think was the main reason for the queues.

Also I believe the ticket office staff had requested a bigger area be made available within the club shop for the ticket office but obviously that didn't happen.

The old ticket office will eventually also be for home tickets BUT will be for away tickets only until a new portacabin is available for away tickets.

Being able to download your match ticket and print it off (as was stated would be an option) will cut the problem down a fair bit.But it dont look like that option will be available yet.It wont solve the problem but it will cut the problem down.

But what do we do in the meantime melv? :unsure:

Archived