onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2 Experianced CB's on trial tonight

Advert

Eh? why would Southend let us borrow a CB worth about 100k? what happens if he gets injured and we just say we are alright thanks....

I do wonder which plant some vale fans live on from time to time

Mattholl, Sarfend are cash strapped so who knows if a tentative agreement has been arranged behind the scenes.I aint saying that it has but fleetwood wanted him on the drip and chesterfield keep trying to modify their bid, if we as holding folding can prise him away then we dictate terms, simple economics, pie in the sky i know and probably the trialists are players we've never heard of but never say never.

neither are particularly quick and isn't bates rather diminutive for a CB.

I don't know having never seen either one play in the flesh. Just putting potential players who fit the bill out there.

As someone said yesterday, there is too much of an obsession with us needing a pacey CB. It's partly how the player reads the game, obviously your going to come up against a few quick strikers when it would be beneficial. However looking at it another way Pope and Hughes for us as forwards aren't particularly fast and yet they find a way to get the better of the Centre halves marking them.

We don't necessarily need Usain Bolt at the back pace wise, we need somebody strong, fit and with good reactions(ie reading the game) to what's going on!

I'm amazed that at this late stage the plan is to 'trial' a couple of defenders. Everyone and his dog has known for ages that high on the list of Adams' priorities was to recruit a couple of decent defenders. You would have thought that he would have had a shopping list of potential signings who's capabilities are already known to him in which case it would be matter of 'go get em'. Maybe I' m missing something but I can't honestly see what one trial game against lowly opposition can reveal about the two players concerned unless of course they are from non League backgrounds.

I dont agree with this. Just because we have two on trial dosent mean that we have to sign either of them. Both may not be good enough, as you say it could be the case that he may want to compare them directly but I doubt that. Adams wont just sign them for the sake of it he knows the standard of player needed.

Wouldnt be surprised if one of them was Pearce, (if he has been released), although he isnt that experienced. What about that lad from Macc, is he under contract, cant remember his name but his agent spoke of him in the same sentence as vidic...

Would he take two players on trial two weeks before the season started if they were not close to the standard required.....

Archived