onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How good were Brazil....

Advert

They played very well. Having watched the England friendly before the tournament I didn't think Brazil were anything special(certainly when in comparison to sides of the past and when you consider how dominant Spain have been in the last 4 years) but you certainly can't say a side who has won 5 world cups when on home soil don't have a chance, they'll make the Semis at least in a years time, and could even win it.

Have Spain been sussed? Possibly, they were below par by their own standards but perhaps some of the better teams have begun to work out how to beat them. Even our limited bunch beat them in that Friendly at Wembley, they certainly aren't the unbeatable side people thought when they thumped Italy 4-0 in the Euros last year.

It's to soon to right them off don't forget they are missing a big big influence in Messi. It was at the end of a long hard season especially the English based ones like Torres and Mata. Come the world cup they will be back .

The penalty miss could have made a big difference and another referee could have booked a few more Brazilians. I think the Brazilians were suited by playing the Spanish lets see how they cope with the more direct, shall we say, teams you get in world cups.

The Brazilians never let Spain play their passing game. Spain lost more possesion than they have done in a game for a long time because Brazil's pressure was intense. I would say Micky would have employed the exact same tactics.

I would love Vale to have two blokes up front with Popey, named Fred and Hulk.

It's to soon to right them off don't forget they are missing a big big influence in Messi. It was at the end of a long hard season especially the English based ones like Torres and Mata. Come the world cup they will be back .

The penalty miss could have made a big difference and another referee could have booked a few more Brazilians. I think the Brazilians were suited by playing the Spanish lets see how they cope with the more direct, shall we say, teams you get in world cups.

i think they may be missing messi for a while longer as well :doh:

QUOTE]

but not with Messi...

Not much more than a friendly so I wouldn't read much into the game. However, Brazil will be tough to beat in 2014 as they are on home soil.

Don't quote me but I am sure I heard on 5live earlier some one say Brazil are undefeated on home soil in competitive matches since 75. If true they will be the team to beat.

That Brazil team was a tiny fraction of the 1970 side - a truly great team. However, I feel they proved they are building a team to challenge.

Spain kept the same side that played extra time in tropical conditions 3 days before. They were clearly not recovered. But a second factor is the volume of games the Barcelona and Real Madrid players have played in total this season for club and country. They have been playing continuously for nearly two years including the Euro Champs. That said it was their first defeat in 30 games I understand.

They will have taken substantial knowledge from this and are therefore far better placed than teams like England and Germany. They have played in the World Cup Final stadium in a final with Brazil playing their best. They have played in the tropics and they have tested out recovery between games. Most of all del B's usual plan of being reluctant to bring in reserves and sticking loyally to his first team has been shown to be problematic in the conditions. I think he will rotate more.

Barcelona are smiling though. Sign De Silva at centre half and Naymar to play with Messi and a range of other top players already in Spain and that is some attack.

Archived