onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

where are the sweets

steve boomer

Advert

Hear hear.

The last time we made a load of signings early doors was the year we brought in Tudar, Edwards and Roecastle. Look how thr worked out. If you get players in early it normally means no other club has any interest in them!

There is some mileage in those comments George but on the flip side leaving it too late and we could end up with the dregs?I'd expect one or two main signings sooner rather than later.

There is some mileage in those comments George but on the flip side leaving it too late and we could end up with the dregs?I'd expect one or two main signings sooner rather than later.

I absolutely agree with that mate, it's the flip side I'm worried about.

I apologise George your right. However, last year our position was, as some have said, a million times worse than it is now. I thought we were an attractive proposition for any footballer to join, so why aren't they jumping at the chance? My real anger is at the greedy players that are involved in football today. Kaid Mohamed loved vale park, could see his future in league 1 and thus signed at a time when I'd say is appropriate for a footballer to sign. He's an absolute stand out role model to any other footballer in the transfer market, in how to deal with clubs. Not this ridiculous waiting around till after July malarkey trying get as much money as you can. They should all know that the vale is really the only choice they should make. ;)

Personally based on what was achieved last season I trust the owner/management that they know what they are doing and will get the best players that they can within sensible budget constraints.

Like Andyregs said, it's more a case of being keen to see exciting signings and the team improving rather than panic that we haven't seen signings yet

Grewe is a man that adopts a ‘work hard, play hard’ philosophy. I don’t see why you doubt him to be honest. He is a master of relationships and will have these potential targets in the palm of his hand.

Geosname I suggest you start behaving more on this forum or else I will be forced to make a formal complaint.

First paragraph your opinion... I dont share it

Second paragraph.... be my guest

Don't know if anyone mentioned yet (thread too long) but don't players contracts finish on 30/6

Could it be that contracts with new players have been discussed and agreed but cant be signed yet?

Perhaps Mickey and Papa Smurf don't want to announce new signings until they put pen to paper

Imagine the sh....te which would be posted on here even if one of the proposed signings changed his mind just before he was supposed to sign

Don't know if anyone mentioned yet (thread too long) but don't players contracts finish on 30/6

Could it be that contracts with new players have been discussed and agreed but cant be signed yet?

Perhaps Mickey and Papa Smurf don't want to announce new signings until they put pen to paper

Imagine the sh....te which would be posted on here even if one of the proposed signings changed his mind just before he was supposed to sign

All the above could possibly be true.... which is why... if there is nowt to say.... say nowt

Could very well be but I think with twitter, Facebook and all social media these days something would of got leaked by now

I haven't read the entire thread so my apologies if this has already been mentioned:

Last season we made the majority of our signings in early July. On the 2nd July we signed Myrie-Williams, Vincent and Murphy. On the 7th July we signed Duffy, Neal and Artell.

The majority of those signings played a significant part on promotion. So, I wouldn't think we are leaving things "too late" at all to get decent players in.

The last time I checked it was the 25th June so we've plenty of time left to bring in decent signings and I would not be surprised if (like last season) we announce multiple players on the same day...

Word amongst players gets around. We signed loads of lads early last pre-season based on a lie, and very nearly ****ed them a couple of days before the start of the season. Now we've had a backroom shakeup after only a couple of months of stability, despite a promotion. I'm not surprised that players and agents are treading slightly carefully. Externally if you take off the rose tinted glasses then maybe we're not yet quite the draw that some of us think we are. Players these days are lazy. For the same money they'd rather be winning games in the top 8 in League 2 than battling in the bottom 8 in League 1.

I haven't read the entire thread so my apologies if this has already been mentioned:

Last season we made the majority of our signings in early July. On the 2nd July we signed Myrie-Williams, Vincent and Murphy. On the 7th July we signed Duffy, Neal and Artell.

The majority of those signings played a significant part on promotion. So, I wouldn't think we are leaving things "too late" at all to get decent players in.

The last time I checked it was the 25th June so we've plenty of time left to bring in decent signings and I would not be surprised if (like last season) we announce multiple players on the same day...

Slow down; weren't we under a transfer embargo until those dates so it would have been impossible to sign any players? I'm pretty sure that if we'd have had the freedom to sign players before those dates then we would have. Also technically we didn't sign the players on those dates because those contracts were null and void. Through gambling with the clubs future we could well have lost all the players and the club entirely if the administrators hadn't been particularly generous with the service which was tantamount to charity.

Slow down; weren't we under a transfer embargo until those dates so it would have been impossible to sign any players? I'm pretty sure that if we'd have had the freedom to sign players before those dates then we would have. Also technically we didn't sign the players on those dates because those contracts were null and void. Through gambling with the clubs future we could well have lost all the players and the club entirely if the administrators hadn't been particularly generous with the service which was tantamount to charity.

Not so. We were actually still under a transfer embargo when te signings were announced, as daft as that sounds. They were announced on the assumption the Ryder deal was going to be rubber stamped any minute.

Archived