onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hughes signs.

melv

Advert

Just a thought, how many did Hughesy score for county last season before joining us, add his county goals to the 10 he bagged for us and i bet a pound to a pinch of **** its over 20.

20 + Would be good to see.Fingers crossed for that.His working with other forwards,passing on tips etc will also be good.

It would be interesting to know how many minutes played per goal between Pope and Hughes last season. It wouldn't surprise me if Hughes proved to be the better marksman on that ratio.

I think you maybe right but don't tell Geosname he won't be impressed.

It would be interesting to know how many minutes played per goal between Pope and Hughes last season. It wouldn't surprise me if Hughes proved to be the better marksman on that ratio.

Hughes 98

Pope 132

Williamson 137

http://www.footballzz.co.uk/jogador.php?id=50427&epoca_id=142

So long as Hughes is not expected to play 90 minutes for 40 odd games, I find it hard to see how he's not an asset for us next season.

Why be abusive?

Im not impressed, its my opinion, why would I be. We signed him in division 2, why would I be impressed because he stays.

Some have said he will improve the younger/other strikers... will he? did he?... its no improvement on what we had last year because we had him last year and in the second half of last year we were not as good as the first half.

I agree,only 10 goals in 13 starts,i am not impressed either:rolleyes:

Im not being negative.... I dont rate him that highly... did popes goals dry up before or after he came?... did we lose our way before or after hughes came along [no Im not blaming him]... if adams has plans for him thats ok by me, hes the manager, thats what he gets paid for.... hughes wont last a season in my opinion... but like anyone I could be wrong

Hughes was brilliant last season. How many times did you see him play? Because every time he played he offered something extra, and when he was subbed we never looked the same team. We were at risk at having to rely on one man, and when he hit a dry patch Hughes was there to chip in. I think we may have dropped into the play offs without him. It also became crystal clear last season that Hughes wasn't the reason for popes goals dropping off. Great signing for next year (though I presumed he was already staying).

I think we may have dropped into the play offs without him. It also became crystal clear last season that Hughes wasn't the reason for popes goals dropping off. Great signing for next year (though I presumed he was already staying).

I agree with the above except for the "great signing" OK signing would be a better assessment in my opinion because like you said I presumed he was staying... of course I could be wrong he could turn out to be the best signing since ??? we will just have to wait and see

So long as Hughes is not expected to play 90 minutes for 40 odd games, I find it hard to see how he's not an asset for us next season.

I didnt say he wasnt an asset, I didnt say his goal return last year wasnt good I said I wasnt impressed with the signing.... I think you hit the nail, playing 90+ minutes, 40+ games. This is a division higher and its no good saying its no different from last year, if it was so easy why did it take so damn long to get out.

Its not an impressive signing, its a resigning, its what you would expect if the manager thinks he is good enough to play a part in another season on the grass.... after the back end of last season I think we might just struggle a little with the team we had last season... I hope we dont.... but it would be good to see some new faces that will/could/should/might help us survive/push on

Listen, the guy scored 10 in 13 from Jan onwards last season. Anybody trying to knock the guy is deluded. He knows where the net is. If he stays fit & I think that is the big IF, he will get us 15 + next season.

Just hoping the delivery is of a similar standard! I like the fact that we have Neal, Jones, Jeno and Pope in our side. All 4 would start for the majority of sides at league 1 level.

A few additions & I think we are in for a decent shout at playoffs.

Think of our side the last time we just missed out on league 1 playoffs, McPhee, Bridgy, Cummins etc. I think we are there or there abouts with a couple more faces.

Plenty to be optimistic about IMO.

Lets see what happens (get your money on a playoff place)

I'm confident that they'll be a number of new faces. Adams has got rid of the players he's felt needed to go allowing him room for manoeuvre. He knows centre back is a priority.

Davis didn't play much last year so I'd be surprised to see him elevated to starting xi! Two centre backs/centre midfielders and a striker..minimum!

Archived