onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hughes signs.

melv

It would be interesting to know how many minutes played per goal between Pope and Hughes last season. It wouldn't surprise me if Hughes proved to be the better marksman on that ratio.

Hi Ray,

Being a Social Scientist crunching numbers can be quite revealing, and there are many books on the subject for Football and other sports.

In one book, called the 'Numbers Game' by Chris Anderson & David Sally, it is claimed that most goal scoring forwards' on-ball time is less than 2 minutes per game. True or not?

But if their research is tested and replicated across similar studies then the answer to your question would, most likely, be in seconds only.

But if minutes per game were tested it seems probable that Hughsie would win the cigar.

As to which one is the better marksman? I haven't completed my research project ;)

But hey, they both scored goals and we are in L1 :D

Advert

I'm confident that they'll be a number of new faces. Adams has got rid of the players he's felt needed to go allowing him room for manoeuvre. He knows centre back is a priority.

Davis didn't play much last year so I'd be surprised to see him elevated to starting xi! Two centre backs/centre midfielders and a striker..minimum!

With those who didn't sign the contract,Morsy and Vincent and McCombe who has left,how many have gone since the end of the season?

Delighted with Hughes signing. Providing he can stay fit he'll still cause problems at L1 level. His passion and commitment last season was remarkable. I'll always remember his performance away at York where his movement and antics completely tore his poor marker to shreds.

I'd be interested to know why certain comments that weren't abusive or broke any OVF rules have been removed from this thread. Freedom of speech reigns.

OVF has pretty much alienated its self.. Since MOLD have gone this forum has gone very quiet from what it was.. That in its self tells a story...

The forum and some of the regular posters have embarrassed them selves and certain comments have been noticed by the manager, certain players and the owner..

I come on every now and then to check any transfer roumors but apart from that I steer well clear as the negativity is terrifying

OVF has pretty much alienated its self.. Since MOLD have gone this forum has gone very quiet from what it was.. That in its self tells a story...

The forum and some of the regular posters have embarrassed them selves and certain comments have been noticed by the manager, certain players and the owner..

I come on every now and then to check any transfer roumors but apart from that I steer well clear as the negativity is terrifying

OVF is just a website where anyone can share their opinions. It doesn't have it's own opinion. The same as fans forums for every single football club in the country. It isn't a vale fan issue. There a Crewe fans on their website talking about comments made about one of their players on the website and twitter. Someone on there is despairing at Crewe fans. The bigger and more popular a team gets, the larger range of opinions (and extremes) you will probably find. If the manager is reading it and getting annoyed with it, then I'm sorry but that's his fault for being so daft. I read the comments about him on the shelf utd forum, and they were a hundred times worse than anything on here. Not that he complained. As I've said before, if a few moaners on a website for a club our size is too much for some, then I hope they don't have aspirations to play in front of 40,000 fans in a higher division, because it would break them.

OVF is just a website where anyone can share their opinions. It doesn't have it's own opinion. The same as fans forums for every single football club in the country. It isn't a vale fan issue. There a Crewe fans on their website talking about comments made about one of their players on the website and twitter. Someone on there is despairing at Crewe fans. The bigger and more popular a team gets, the larger range of opinions (and extremes) you will probably find. If the manager is reading it and getting annoyed with it, then I'm sorry but that's his fault for being so daft. I read the comments about him on the shelf utd forum, and they were a hundred times worse than anything on here. Not that he complained. As I've said before, if a few moaners on a website for a club our size is too much for some, then I hope they don't have aspirations to play in front of 40,000 fans in a higher division, because it would break them.

I think you skipped my points very well and came you with an excuse..

As I said before this forum hasn't been the same since MOLD went.. Know in my opinion this is because people have nothing to moan about...

How about the person who slagged Birchall off?

What about the person who created a thread questioning the skills of the person who saved our football club from going bust?

And your argument regarding Micky and Sheff Utd and what if we were a bigger club are irrelevant... The fact is we had a great season and in all honesty with the squad and resources should never have been promoted yet this site was full of negatives.. I think that's the point coming from Adams and Smurf..

I think you skipped my points very well and came you with an excuse..

As I said before this forum hasn't been the same since MOLD went.. Know in my opinion this is because people have nothing to moan about...

What about the person who created a thread questioning the skills of the person who saved our football club from going bust?

oAnd your argument regarding Micky and Sheff Utd and what if we were a bigger club are irrelevant... The fact is we had a great season and in all honesty with the squad and resources should never have been promoted yet this site was full of negatives.. I think that's the point coming from Adams and Smurf..

spot on imo

What about the person who created a thread questioning the skills of the person who saved our football club from going bust

You have just admitted that the perceived negative comments do not come from the vast majority but from a very small number, to quote you " The person "

Get over it

You have just admitted that the perceived negative comments do not come from the vast majority but from a very small number, to quote you " The person "

Get over it

Ill get over it when it stops being detrimental to the club.. And just to be clear.. I don't think that the three separate incidents were from the same person..

I don't mind people having their own opinion.. I have a problem when it's not justified.

Ill get over it when it stops being detrimental to the club.. And just to be clear.. I don't think that the three separate incidents were from the same person..

I don't mind people having their own opinion.. I have a problem when it's not justified.

How is it detrimental to the club? you are giving OVF too much credit, season tickets up, playing budget up new signings due whats so wrong?

If you dont want supporters to have opinions then you are wasting your time,how would it be if we got 30k every home game think of the different opinions then

most if not all of mine have been removed, and most of geos and the masters as well as a few others, if admin is trying to tell me sommething i'll pack it in now, i can take a hint.:mad:

If it's removed, then it never happened! Obviously.

How is it detrimental to the club? you are giving OVF too much credit, season tickets up, playing budget up new signings due whats so wrong?

If you dont want supporters to have opinions then you are wasting your time,how would it be if we got 30k every home game think of the different opinions then

It is detrimental when it gets to the point that the owner and manager feel that they have to comment...

My point is... After everything we have gone through and still OVF is full of negativity.. I'm not really sure why people are not acknowledging this. Maybe they don't like to be told that moaning won't get them anywhere and will ultimately make them look stupid..

Please see my comment where I said I don't mind people expressing their own opinion.. And if you disagree with me then please list the things we have as a fan base to moan about because apart from the fact we still haven't signed Messi I can't think of anything

And in this couple of senctances you have answered your own question... Promotion! Season tickets up! Playing budget up! New signings!! EXACTLY!!!

So why are people moaning?

Archived