onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who likes sweets?

Samwelo

Norman Smurthwaite (@smurfpvfc) tweeted at 10:18 PM on Thu, Jun 13, 2013:

Hello Valiants for a man who has no patience that is what's needed all the sweeties will be on display shortly then you can feast your eyes

(https://twitter.com/smurfpvfc/status/345289191816564736)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3106[/ATTACH]

Available in shop monday

Advert

Great idea. You suggest keeping a thread positive by "condemning the loons", usually in your case fellow Vale fans who have a differing opinion to you. Contradictory and patronising in equal measures. You can tell you're a referee.

I don't see those kind of people as fellow Vale fans. If others are arguing a different point reasonably more than fine by me (its a forum ;) ) but you must admit there are some people who set up accounts on here to wind people up with stupidity and absolute negativity about all things Vale and do so increasingly at a time when supporters should be happier than they have been in years.

As a match official would in a game in life I like to keep a nice balance, see both points of view and then follow the right decision! ;)

I am reading his tweet as saying that there are deals tied up and they are just waiting for Adams to return before they announce them.

It would be nice if when he was back they announce the new sponsor,unveil a couple of new signings wearing the new home top.

Have to be honest there are some days where I think OVF does actual harm to the club. And that's very sad to say. Feel free to slate me but this is shown by comments made by Birchall and now Norm. Comments primarily made by miserable ****s who don't even go to vale!

Not true at all, you only have to take a step back and look at it for what it is, someones opinion about something they've heard elsewhere. I view it as bloke in pub in written form and many of the comments on here are written after 1 too many:D

Not true at all, you only have to take a step back and look at it for what it is, someones opinion about something they've heard elsewhere. I view it as bloke in pub in written form and many of the comments on here are written after 1 too many:D

i would say several too many.;)

Have to be honest there are some days where I think OVF does actual harm to the club. And that's very sad to say. Feel free to slate me but this is shown by comments made by Birchall and now Norm. Comments primarily made by miserable ****s who don't even go to vale!

OVF, like other similar social media platforms, gives voice to a broad church opinion for all things Port Vale - a mix of good, bad and the ugly. But I would challenge your premise that OVF "...does actual harm to the club." In fact, it is my thinking that RS and the Sentinel can, and have been far more destructive re the goings on in the Hamil.

That aside, the Smurf has already stated OVF, PVO and other independent Port Vale websites provide a rich, cost free 'think tank' of opinion and on the evidence to date I'm more than confident he will sort the wheat from the chaff in determining the way we should go.

I am reading his tweet as saying that there are deals tied up and they are just waiting for Adams to return before they announce them.

I was thinking along the same lines.

Sweets on display shortly,feast your eyes = New signings,new deals(kit,sponsors etc) will be announced soon.You will like what you see.

I posted this below on another thread the other night - as the TV commentator said when Ray Walker's shot went in 'fans are in dreamland'.

C'mon guys let the guy who owns the business run the business.

Many of you are posting as if its still a 'fan owned' club

Buy a ST or dont buy a ST - your choice

Pay to go watch a match or dont - your choice

Decide which pub to go before the match - your choice

Cheer or boo at games - your choice

But leave it at that - just become fans of your team again and stop fretting over how the club is run.

We got promoted last season - celebrate - we have a stunner of a weekend in Ireland - enjoy - we have former Premier league clubs coming to Vale Park for competitive league games - brilliant.

We may get relegated next year, we may get promoted, we may not - just drink to it and be merry.

and if you want to REALLY see how good Vale could become then watch the 93/94 video !!

Well, thats one bottle of red finished onto the next.

I posted this below on another thread the other night - as the TV commentator said when Ray Walker's shot went in 'fans are in dreamland'.

But leave it at that - just become fans of your team again and stop fretting over how the club is run.

We got promoted last season - celebrate - we have a stunner of a weekend in Ireland - enjoy - we have former Premier league clubs coming to Vale Park for competitive league games - brilliant.

We may get relegated next year, we may get promoted, we may not - just drink to it and be merry.

and if you want to REALLY see how good Vale could become then watch the 93/94 video !!

^^^^^^^^^

Well said that man.

Just let the Smurf man get on with running the club.Non of us are no longer shareholders(we didnt even have a say then although that is what was promised)One club one owner so only one to decide what will happen.

If you want a ST then buy one.

If you want to pay on the gate,then pay on the gate.

You either trust the guy or you don't.

excellent post we are no longer share holders let one man run the club.

You're deluded if you think that we ever had any say in the Club.

Bratt's and ****ers' smokescreen.

We'll all enjoy the ride next season but let's not stop commenting on anything that we want to.

The promise from the caravan man was if you want a say in your club then buy shares.Many people did buy shares but had no say as promised.It turned out to be nothing more than a money making rip off/scam to feed their desperate ego.But that is now history,no more shareholders.Just one owner,so he gets to call the shots and thats the way it should be.His money,his call.

Of course we had a say during the old boards reign. How else would we have voted off Jackon, Mudie etc. we called EGM's, changed directors, we just didn't have as big a say as we expected, due to some sneaky work by Bratt and Oliver securing Lee's vote.

Well said, and just one more thing the great bill shankly once said football is more important than life or death.............it isn, t

Archived