onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

forum updates?

Well I attended tonight's meeting with an open mind.I returned with the reassurance from Smurf that my football club is in safe hands and I thank him for his honesty tonight.He is genuine and still upset that Wildes is not on board!I had my doubts about Smurf but not anymore, as he has come over very well tonight with his honesty.He wants Micky to stay and continue with the journey to the Championship, hopefully,then that is as far as Smurf can practically help us!He was not impressed with a certain player who has been greedy and moved on today!He asked fans to trust him to run the business, but bring the lost fans back to Vale Park, as the big crowds DO spur on the players.He saw it first hand in the tunnel against Burton,where Vale players were lifted by the atmosphere and the Burton team looked shocked!!!

Cheers Dave,

Smurf is a successful business man and, after reading your post, reinforces for me his desire to continue being successful. But what's more important for Valiants is he wants his success to rub off on us :yes:

Advert

but thats the point I arent looking for negatives, I enjoyed the season end (see steino is a ****** vid) and im looking forward to next season. I, however, picked up on some of Wildes comments and changed plans at the back end of the season and commented at the time I thought something wasnt quite right. That wasnt being negative just stating facts but I got slated on here yet my concerns now appear to be justified. Everything is too one sided on here.

Look on the bright side, at least you haven't been called a thick cabbage on crack...

what forum would that be then? The trouble with this site now is that no one can have an alternative view or voice an opinion without getting shouted down, this thread is a prime example.

I made a comment a few weeks back that something wasnt right at the club based on facts available at the time. I wasnt being negative or having go I was expressing a concern, I got jumped on like a ton of bricks yet it transpires my concerns were justified.

Never mind voicing an opinion , people get jumped on for reporting news or passing on information. People on here are screaming out for information all the time and those who report it are put down as WUMS. When it turns out to be true those who have been the biggest culprits are the first to ask why this is happening- you know who you are!

Surely you must know by now whose comments you can trust and who the real WUMs are.

Tim may lose his rag occasionally, and everlikely, but I would never call him a WUM. He has been party to a lot of info , some of which he has revealed and probably a lot he has sensibly kept under wraps. I can certainly remember back to the days when we both had long conversations with the Portuguese consortium , and Tim probably goes back further than that.

Just because things may not be what you want to hear doesn't mean that they are not true or that the poster is not a "real fan".

Why is everybody so down and gloomy?

God sake people we have just had our first promotion in over a decade, this guy has come in and produced our best season in years, he's spent over 2 million of his own money, he party's with the fans and says we will never be in debt again be it 2 years or 20... He has given us our biggest ever player budget since the bill bell days... He wants us to be back in the championship ASAP.. And he has declared that he won't stop until he gets us there.. He has promised to finish off the lawn street, he has offered our best manager since Rudgey a pay rise and financial backing at a very high level, he has introduced incentives to get our old and new fans back at vale park...

Come on folks how can anything this guy has done for us in a 6 month term cause any cause of concern to anybody, he clearly has this passion to make Port Vale a success.. He has come out of his retirement too help HIS club too become successful, he see's what it means too the people of Stoke-on-Trent, (The Vale Side) and we should be very thankful of what the smurf has done for us.. My feelings are that smurf will probably never get a return on his investment but he is just happy to be part of something that is making 1000's of people very happy...

Please just let him be, he knows what is best for the club and I am 100% backing him...

I will buy my first ever season ticket this season even tho i cant attend most games, and I'm only doing it to show my full backing of our owner... He is a great guy and deserves a lot more respect for his decision making than he is currently recieving..

God sake people we have just had our first promotion in over a decade, this guy has come in and produced our best season in years, he's spent over 2 million of his own money, he party's with the fans and says we will never be in debt again be it 2 years or 20... He has given us our biggest ever player budget since the bill bell days... He wants us to be back in the championship ASAP.. And he has declared that he won't stop until he gets us there.. He has promised to finish off the lawn street, he has offered our best manager since Rudgey a pay rise and financial backing at a very high level, he has introduced incentives to get our old and new fans back at vale park...

Come on folks how can anything this guy has done for us in a 6 month term cause any cause of concern to anybody, he clearly has this passion to make Port Vale a success.. He has come out of his retirement too help HIS club too become successful, he see's what it means too the people of Stoke-on-Trent, (The Vale Side) and we should be very thankful of what the smurf has done for us.. My feelings are that smurf will probably never get a return on his investment but he is just happy to be part of something that is making 1000's of people very happy...

Please just let him be, he knows what is best for the club and I am 100% backing him...

I will buy my first ever season ticket this season even tho i cant attend most games, and I'm only doing it to show my full backing of our owner... He is a great guy and deserves a lot more respect for his decision making than he is currently recieving..

Well said...great post!!!

This is my point. People can say whatever they like on here or wherever, it's their choice. I just don't understand why some seem to be merchants of doom at the moment. And the whole 'I told you I was right' mentality is pointless, we're all Vale aren't we?

but thats the point I arent looking for negatives, I enjoyed the season end (see steino is a ****** vid) and im looking forward to next season. I, however, picked up on some of Wildes comments and changed plans at the back end of the season and commented at the time I thought something wasnt quite right. That wasnt being negative just stating facts but I got slated on here yet my concerns now appear to be justified. Everything is too one sided on here.

Look on the bright side, at least you haven't been called a thick cabbage on crack...

I was joking regarding the smelly green stuff zebra it's only pot not crack mate

Good post plenty of room for optimism,its a pity that MA is pouring cold water on everything good that seems to be going on

Just watched the first hour of the forum (the video stopped at that point) and I have to say, I am now sure that Smurf is the real deal. He strikes me as, whilst being a bit of a lad, he's someone who has great insight and integrity. He is clearly a different personality to PW, but he's just as intelligent with a few mores years of experience under his belt. He speaks with authority, doesn't dodge the issue (he might need to be a little more cautious in some ways in his new role) and has quickly grasped a lot of things about how the club runs and what matters in football.

Now, once we see that he and MA have built a relationship and understanding that shows they can work together, we're cooking with gas.

It was interesting to hear the facts (some of which some people still can't grasp). We will be working on a budget, it won't by any means guarantee we're signing top name players for transfer fees (like PW had intimated) and it certainly won't guarantee automatic promotion in a year to the Championship. But Norman knows what money he needs to set aside for the job and he clearly understands that to go any further than that, he will need outside investment and/or some partners. That is way down the road, but questions have been asked and answers now forthcoming.

I, for one, am encouraged and we just need to hear from MA in due course, after he has had his meeting with the Smurf.

Archived