onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List?

nodge

I think Micky Adams has some difficult decisions, many of us have our own thoughts on who should stay and who should go. However one thing is certain it won't be league two football. Some of our current players good in league two won't perform in league one while others with the reverse scenario apply. Interesting times and i doubt we will ever all agree..

Advert

I would give loft a 12 month contract but only as back up to hopefully better quality of midfielder coming in.

Agree. Despite an 'all-action'/non-stop style, he actually scores few and creates little and his poor control and first touch will be severely exposed and punished in League 1. Certainly not the midfield general that we need, but still probably worth retaining for 1 year as a squad option.

On the other hand I really hope he doesn't release Dodds.. Good player on his day and maybe the improved quality in L1 will suit him.. We will have to play football to stay in the league.. My worry is Micky will revert back to hoof football if things start to go badly.. Very interesting summer but also very exciting

On the other hand I really hope he doesn't release Dodds.. Good player on his day and maybe the improved quality in L1 will suit him.. We will have to play football to stay in the league.. My worry is Micky will revert back to hoof football if things start to go badly.. Very interesting summer but also very exciting

Dodds for me is a very hit and miss player, he really does go missing far too often for my liking. As for thinking League one is football on another level, I'm not so sure. I actually think the difference is not that great and there are teams that will play in a similar manner as in League 2. The massive gulf in differance is between League 1 and the Championship.

For me it really is about feeding the Pope again. We realy do need players who can deliver into the box and we will score!

Dodds for me is a very hit and miss player, he really does go missing far too often for my liking. As for thinking League one is football on another level, I'm not so sure. I actually think the difference is not that great and there are teams that will play in a similar manner as in League 2. The massive gulf in differance is between League 1 and the Championship.

For me it really is about feeding the Pope again. We realy do need players who can deliver into the box and we will score!

I disagree.. Teams like Brentford Doncaster, Swindon, Crawley all play nice football.. Teams like Oldham, Yeovil etc will scrap it out and play l2 football... Gillingham will spend,Rotherham will spend and big teams coming down like Bristol City won't be push overs.. We have relied on hoofing up to Pope to often this season and it we will need to learn a new system of football...

Did you watch every other game? McDonald was dire, and its amazing people would keep him in a higher league. He went to Bristol and hardly played for months. They improved while he was on the bench. Will be lucky to be playing league football next year. Maybe Mansfield will have him!

I wouldn't keep him in an higher league BUt i certainly dont think he was dire every other game.

This summer's retained list is going to be a horrible experience and it's not one I'm looking forward to. The brutal reality is we're going to release some players who have made an honourable contribution to turning the club round and getting us promoted, players who could well have walked when the Ryder deal fell through but who stuck with us. You could argue they had nowhere else to go but that can't be true of all of them and they were all in the position where they didn't know if they'd be playing / working for nothing if we went belly up.

No, it won't be pleasant and I'll always respect the contribution of every player who's kicked a ball for the Vale this season.

The Master says that the time is up for.....

Morsy

James

Mcdonald

Andrew

Purse.

The Master would like to deliver one year contracts to

Johnson

Chilvers

Hughes.

The Master would like to deliver 2 year contracts to

Yates

Loft