onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List?

nodge

Advert

Totally agree Williamson especially is one for the future at any level.
Fairport is right Williamson is no young kid. If he were really good enough he would be playing now. Maybe a good signing for a L2 club but not up to L1 I'm sorry to say.

For me I'd release Purse, Chilvers, (however can't see Micky releasing both) McDonald, Dodds, Andrew and Morsy. I'd also show Rob Taylor the door even though he's under contract.

I hope Micky doesn't let his heart rule over his head and show sentiment to them. We know that a lot if the current squad would struggle compete in League 1 and new faces are needed.

I thought a few were on display at Wycombe and, to be honest, were dire in that second half.

We looked like a patched up team yesterday as soon as we changed the first eleven we were all over the place. Morsy was far better than Shuker. Shuker to me is another Dodds without the goals, can't tackle and gets easily pushed off the ball. If we don't get a central defence or midfield we will struggle next year. As someone said elsewhere we've really limped over the line.

The good news is we got there. I doubt anyone would have fancied our changes in the play-offs.

We looked like a patched up team yesterday as soon as we changed the first eleven we were all over the place. Morsy was far better than Shuker. Shuker to me is another Dodds without the goals, can't tackle and gets easily pushed off the ball. If we don't get a central defence or midfield we will struggle next year. As someone said elsewhere we've really limped over the line.

The good news is we got there. I doubt anyone would have fancied our changes in the play-offs.

I agree about Shuker but I thought he played well yesterday his delivery into the box was excellent

Fairport is right Williamson is no young kid. If he were really good enough he would be playing now. Maybe a good signing for a L2 club but not up to L1 I'm sorry to say.

I still cant believe we have this myth about williamson being one for the future still being peddled. He will be 25 half way through next season. Whatever potential he had, we are seeing it now. He is either good enough for league 1 or he isn't. He isnt an 18 year old with a lot to learn. He has done well as a sub, but needs to show much more when starting. He seems a bit of a striker version of rob taylor.

I think a fair few will go in all honesty. Sadly if you look at the squad most of them have over performed this season and as a result they could not do it again.

I know this sounds silly but if a decent offer came in for Pope I would seriously consider it. I don't believe he will have another season like this one and has well and truly over performed. Of course new players don't always equal success so is it better the devil you know?

Crewe have done well this season with their fairly similar squad from last year.

It's going to be the most interesting retained list for many years me thinks. All will depend on what conversations Micky and Paul have had and how much we want to push on, we've had a good season but are well short on doing better for next season...

I think a fair few will go in all honesty. Sadly if you look at the squad most of them have over performed this season and as a result they could not do it again.

I know this sounds silly but if a decent offer came in for Pope I would seriously consider it. I don't believe he will have another season like this one and has well and truly over performed. Of course new players don't always equal success so is it better the devil you know?

Crewe have done well this season with their fairly similar squad from last year.

Sell The Pope?. Are you for real?. He has performed brilliantly this season and though many won't agree he has been 'feed on scraps' because over the season the aerial service has been pretty poor in my opinion. A winger who can supply a steady stream of quality crosses will see 'His Holiness' get another great haul of not only goals but assists in the bargain next year. Perhaps next season will bring him a little more protection as well from superior referees because it has largely appeared this season that providing you don't actually stab ,shoot or club him then he is fair game and it's OK.

Archived