onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Sales

andy jones

Advert

At the end of last seasons deadline we had shifted 2598 [ all though the deadline was end of Apr, not May ]

We ultimately sold just over 3,400 ST, or added roughly 30% more sales.

If we only add on an extra 20% in sales 5000 is achievable.

Either way I reckon 4200 is great.

At the end of last seasons deadline we had shifted 2598 [ all though the deadline was end of Apr, not May ]

We ultimately sold just over 3,400 ST, or added roughly 30% more sales.

If we only add on an extra 20% in sales 5000 is achievable.

Either way I reckon 4200 is great.

It was a little different last season. To be fair some people were reluctant to part with their cash when it wasn't guaranteed that we'd have a club to watch come August. As you've said the deadline was earlier (April last year). The extension from 17th to 31st will have already soaked up most if any late comers to the party. Also with rumours of bulk tickets being available knocking around I find it hard to see us shifting many more season tickets at all (apart from free ones) from now on.

I don't know of anybody who intends to get a season ticket who hasn't already, but I do know plenty who haven't who'll be attending at the very least 3 or 4 matches at Vale Park next term, some maybe 10 or more depending on how we're doing.

Certain matches depending on how we're doing have the potential to attract several thousand pay on the dayers. These people are the real cash cow, paying £20+.

It was a little different last season. To be fair some people were reluctant to part with their cash when it wasn't guaranteed that we'd have a club to watch come August. As you've said the deadline was earlier (April last year). The extension from 17th to 31st will have already soaked up most if any late comers to the party. Also with rumours of bulk tickets being available knocking around I find it hard to see us shifting many more season tickets at all (apart from free ones) from now on.

I don't know of anybody who intends to get a season ticket who hasn't already, but I do know plenty who haven't who'll be attending at the very least 3 or 4 matches at Vale Park next term, some maybe 10 or more depending on how we're doing.

Certain matches depending on how we're doing have the potential to attract several thousand pay on the dayers. These people are the real cash cow, paying £20+.

Agree. Think lot of fans who haven't purchased the early bird tickets are waiting to see if any big named players are coming. I feel there will be substantial amount of crowds over the season ticket figure, but they will be made up of floaters and away fans.

Can't see there being many now who will buy a full priced ticket as they will pick and choose their selected games, BUT they are good revenue to Vale so let's hope we fill the ground for many games.

possibly

i doubt all box sales are included yet [they are counted in ST total ]

what everb happens im happy with 4200

totally agree, i have a season ticket but the 3 lads who i go with all pay on the gate and only ever miss a game when they are on holiday

I think people waiting for "bulk buy" ticket opportunities will be disappointed. Personally I think it will be a non starter or a couple of quid saving per ticket.

Buying season tickets will always be the cheapest way of watching football.

I think that's all correct JJ.Another scenario aswell is the away games.With the close proximity of some of the away games e.g. Wolves,Walsall,Shrewsbury etc I think we will sellout before a general sale of tickets.

I dont think a lot of fans appreciate how good a deal an ST is. When I first bought one you got the equivalent of about 3 matches free.
Very good value nowadays, better than then, even at previous seasons prices with direct debit. Noticed today that at Leicester, if 6 or more games are moved for TV, a refund of one ticket is given. One for the future?

Archived