onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Its my ball and im taking home.

Smallthorne Dog

Advert

Never read such a ridiculous thread. A local millionaire vale fan offers big money, the board ignore him completely, and some idiots are trying to blame him! What a load of bull! Well done bill, you've valiantly fought off a life long vale fan from investing. You must be so proud!!! ****!

I can see Rob's point, my initial thoughts when I read it this morning were 'what does withdrawing it achieve?' Don't get me wrong I can't stand these buggers running the club and they must be the biggest set of self serving ****ers ever to run a football club however thinking like they do(god help me). Bratt can just come out and say, 'oh there isn't an offer atm as it has been withdrawn through the solicitors' etc etc

Could it not have just been left open?

Having said that I appreciate there are deadlines in business and if that was the deadline set so be it.

Should this get the media coverage it deserves however this will prove to one and all what some of us have known for a while these sods are in it for their own ends or they have something to hide. For me that is the big upside of withdrawing the bid.

I can see Rob's point, my initial thoughts when I read it this morning were 'what does withdrawing it achieve?' Don't get me wrong I can't stand these buggers running the club and they must be the biggest set of self serving ****ers ever to run a football club however thinking like they do(god help me). Bratt can just come out and say, 'oh there isn't an offer atm as it has been withdrawn through the solicitors' etc etc

Could it not have just been left open?

Having said that I appreciate there are deadlines in business and if that was the deadline set so be it.

Should this get the media coverage it deserves however this will prove to one and all what some of us have known for a while these sods are in it for their own ends or they have something to hide. For me that is the big upside of withdrawing the bid.

I disagree Rich. Rob was anti-Mo and still is. A misguided thread, in my opinion.

Whatever interpretation is put on this latest episode I can't help but think it's a missed opportunity for Mo and Mark to front up on Saturday, cheque books in hands and accompanied by the media, to offer their cash for their respective 24.9% shareholding.

Ah well, the struggle to wrest the 'Club from the 'Board has, in my opinion, just got a little tougher.

I was bouyant re all things Port Vale when I left for work this morning. Not so at the moment.

Still, regardless of what's happend today the 'Board would be unwise to count todays events as anything other than a hollow victory.

===

I disagree Rich. Rob was anti-Mo and still is. A misguided thread, in my opinion.

I am a Mo sceptic, which is why the joint bid was so appealing. It took away my fears, and put the safeguards in place that were needed. Hence my disappointment when i discovered it was merely a mirage. The thread is a result of having endured months of frustration wanting rid of the board but feeling unable to support the only challanger. Then for a brief few days feeling really positive again, only to have the rug swept from under my feet again, with the news that the bid has been withdrawn. The thread is in my opinion merited. Its a great opportunity lost. That is primarily the boards fault for not accepting the bid, but given their recent refusal to communicate this cant have been unexpected, can it?

If the bid had to be withdrawn in order to comply with the EGM paperwork, then surely it would have been better to keep it up there sleeves in case the EGM didnt go as planned. This withdrawal has only let to disappointment.

Smallthorne Dog, this is what I dont get, you say it is "The Board's fault for not accepting the bid, but given their recent refusal to communicate this cant have been unexpected, can it?" If that is the case, then why "for a brief few days" were you "feeling really positive again"?

The deadline was there from the start, so I dont know why you have let yourself get this disappointed, if, as you say, their refusal to communicate cant have been unexpected.

What have they achieved by withdrawing it? Surely it would have been better to go forward to the EGM with the dual bid rather than Mo's 51% bid?

Its all about egos and posturing and i'm sick of it! Just when you think there is a bid we can all unite behind, one that leaves the board with no viable excuse not to accept it, they go and take it away.

A right load of b0!!0c£$! I dont give a chuff what Chaudry comes up with now i for one dont want to hear it. Because we've no idea how long its on the table for, when he's going to withdraw it or which flaming conditions he's going to add in or take out at any given point. We might as well have a big wheel with 8 bids on and spin it every week or so to decide which one is currently on the table.

Please explain how to deal with a board of clowns, or people with a massive problem to hide? How long should Chaudry wait for a response?

As far as the merits of this thread go ,I would say that thankfully the majority (if there is a majority !) of pro - board deludeds dont come on here as they would no doubt see this as a chink in the armour.

The main fact is ,everyone who is anti-board needs to stick together , its no good to anyone to keep changing your mind just because you dont like how something has been done. This just plays straight into the hands of the current Board ,this is what they want .

All this thread has done is sow doubt again into the half & half people ,a good many who had almost defected from the dark side .

Pick your side, stick to it and let the people who you are backing make what they feel are the rite decisions.

There are too many on here with too much to say which is destructive not constructive .

FST/Fosse - withdrawing the bid only gives the board another opportunity to say "there is no bid on the table" . As you know, removing people who dont want to sell is extremely difficult. But it would be a damned sight easier with a strong unifying bid remaining on the table heaping pressure on them! I know its been withdrawn due to the wording of the EGM, but in that case it was naive if not stupid to put it out in the first place, given the remote possibility of acceptence. In my opinion Mo and Mark have scored a big own goal with this.

Perhaps a wiser option would have been to put out a press statement detailing the proposed joint investment subject to V2001 members being voted off the board at the EGM and an interim board being formed. Or even holding it back altoghether and announcing it after the EGM?

Perhaps a wiser option would have been to put out a press statement detailing the proposed joint investment subject to V2001 members being voted off the board at the EGM and an interim board being formed.

Could not Mark and Mo still put out "a press statement detailling the proposed joint investment subject to V2001 members being voted off the Board at the EGM and an interim board being formed."

The bits in the EGM to change the constitution and 24.9% rule need 75% and unless I'm missing something as the V2001 Board have 28% then to get 75% against is infact impossible and therefore much of the EGM is a complete waste of time the only vote that matters and can change anything is the 51% needed to get rid of the Board.

Now the EGM is not about the bid from Mark and Mo it is about the Mo Chaudry bid to get a 51% share and control....it needs 75% and is therefore impossible and a non-starter as the Board have 28%.

However without being included in the EGM or having any change in date

it could be let known in a press release that this same offer from Mark and Mo as it stands will be put to the shareholders and interim Board should 51% vote the V2001 Board off.

So the EGM can go ahead and it cannot ever achieve its intent to get any change in the constitution and 24.9% rule and is mostly a waste of time

as 75% is an impossibility....the only important bit that can be achieved and the real focus should be to vote V2001 out of power.

If Mark and Mo could put out a press release to say this offer within the constitution to each invest 24.9% still stands and that such record investment will be offfered to the club should the V2001 Board get voted off by 51% then it doesn't change the date or much of the almost pointless EGM but will help to unite the fans and focus on the one and only real target of the EGM to get rid of the V2001 Board.

Sorry but they're never going to get 75% for anything while the Board have 28% and so much of this EGM does look pretty pointless the bit to focus on is the 51% to get rid of the V2001 Board and without change to the EGM it

can be let known that the very same offer will be made to the shareholders once the Board have been voted off....thus in effect a vote to remove the Board is a vote for this investment offer as it will be in the background....

this bid unites fans and just focus on the target to get V2001 out.

Archived