onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Its my ball and im taking home.

Smallthorne Dog

What have they achieved by withdrawing it? Surely it would have been better to go forward to the EGM with the dual bid rather than Mo's 51% bid?

Its all about egos and posturing and i'm sick of it! Just when you think there is a bid we can all unite behind, one that leaves the board with no viable excuse not to accept it, they go and take it away.

A right load of b0!!0c£$! I dont give a chuff what Chaudry comes up with now i for one dont want to hear it. Because we've no idea how long its on the table for, when he's going to withdraw it or which flaming conditions he's going to add in or take out at any given point. We might as well have a big wheel with 8 bids on and spin it every week or so to decide which one is currently on the table.

You'll know exactly how long an offer's on the table for because Mo makes that clear. He told the board the 24.9% offers had a 10 day deadline, he's kept to his word. What a terrible thing it would be to have a chairman capable of that! Your castigation of Mo over this, without saying a single word against V2001, is quite frankly pathetic and beggars belief.

Advert

Well it would appear Mo (and Mark) have regressed to silly playground posturing and withdrawn (lets not try and get all smart@r$£ by trying to convince us that lapsed is somehow different) their bid.

A bit like those really irritating kids would do with a casey just when eveyone was in the middle of a good kick about. Whats the point exactly chaps? What do you think it will achieve? Other than making fools out of yourselves and the fans who have steadfastedly backed you.

You had a real chance to unify all supporters with your joint bid and really apply pressure on the board. Now by being so childish you have ruined that, let the board of the hook and i suspect lost the respect of many supporters.

Bratt and Jackson must be laughing their bags off. Well done, we are back to square one! A totally retrograde step in my opinion. I'm sick of listening to you now!

If I'm reading this correctly, what you are saying is: I didn't like Mo until Mark told me he is nice but they aren't friends anymore so I don't like Mo.

Who, exactly is in the playground Rob?

it has shown the board are not playing by their own rules and mr bratt is a liar as we already know

i think mark may have made his mind up on this not mo, i believe he feels deeply offended by the actions of the board he has given the board the chance of reaching out to him but they have further insulted him only at the weekend by saying it was not his money anyway

I would turn that on its head and say Mo and Mark have played into the boards hands by withdrawing the bid!

Let me as you this. Given the board have steadfastly ignored all of Mo's approaches for the last 6 months, and given that they have also totally ignored all contact from Mark Sims over the last few weeks. Do you think Mo and Mark seriously expected a response to this bid? Yes or No?

If your answer is Yes, i have no idea how you could have come to that conclusion given the evidence. If your answer is no , that leads to the question....

What was the point of a deadline? Or indeed the bid itself if it was never going to remain on the table?

The point of the deadline is to give the deal gravitas and to put the onus on the board. In the past the board have had the luxury of 3 posible answers - Yes, no or silence which means neither yes or no!

By setting the deadline, MC and MS have clearly told the board that silence means "no" and that it is they, the board, who have effectively withdrawn the bid!

The point of the deadline is to give the deal gravitas and to put the onus on the board. In the past the board have had the luxury of 3 posible answers - Yes, no or silence which means neither yes or no!

By setting the deadline, MC and MS have clearly told the board that silence means "no" and that it is they, the board, who have effectively withdrawn the bid!

Well said, the bid's been rejected by default rather than withdrawn, surely Smallthorne Dog can see this? We're all disappointed by today's events but it's V2001 to blame and no one else.

I have just personally spoke to Mark Sims and he would like it to be known that the bid was for real and due to the paperwork that's already been sent out for the EGM, he had no choice but to withdraw the offer.

Mark will be making a statement via this website within the next hour.

it has shown the board are not playing by their own rules and mr bratt is a liar

Exactly! And therein lies the point. That was the purpose of the bid, publicity to highlight the boards non adherence to there own rules, and their continuing ignorance. The bid itself was never genuine.

Lydiate - ive always been critical of the board. I am not a board supporter. They should have accepted the joint bid as soon as they recieved it. Unfortunately they were never likely to, and both Mo and Mark knew that.

Everyone - I know full well why deadlines are put in place on business deals, my point is why put it in when you know it wont be adhered to?

I have just personally spoke to Mark Sims and he would like it to be known that the bid was for real and due to the paperwork that's already been sent out for the EGM, he had no choice but to withdraw the offer.

Mark will be making a statement via this website within the next hour.

Well that sheds more light on it. If its down to the paperwork for the EGM, then i apologise and retract my statement that the bid was never genuine.

But given this info, and the fact that any deadline was likely to be ignored, surely it would have been more sensible to leave things as they were with Mo's bid and join forces after the EGM?

The joint bid whether real or publicity stunt (IMO it was genuine) has served to call the board's bluff in that it has highlighted that they had no intention of selling, they want donations not investment and they change the rules to suit themselves. I personally couldn't blame Mark or Mo if they walked away and told the whole club publically to go f*** yourselves, but I don't think they will, Mark becuase he is a lifelong fan who cares about the club and with Mo I think it is a matter of honour and cutting these snivelling little no-marks down to size. Viva la revolucion!!!

Bratt asked Mo to invest 24.9% and on public record invited such an offer as acceptable so Mo offered 24.9% as requested within the constitution......it also so happens that a life long Vale fan and multi-millionaire likewise took up the offer and wanted to invest 24.9% not unlike Robbie Williams.

This offer did have real substance as it would have been record investment and would have meant the end of the total control of the club by the minority shareholding V2001 consortium.

Mo Chaudry was invited by Bratt to invest 24.9% and sit in the corner while

the V2001 Board spend the money and they are desperate for money.... however the Board did not expect a copycat offer of 24.9% which would

combined end their total control of the club.

The M&M combined offer of 24.9% each within the constitution would not need 75% at the EGM which is impossible anyway as the Board have 28% and does seem to be the "Dream Ticket" and would be the best bet as a methodology going into the EGM and would certainly get the popular vote and only 51% would be needed to vote off the Board and form an interim Board such that Mark would not have to have any dealings with Bratt&Co.

Perhaps Mark and Team Mo will consider this option in the run in to the EGM.

One party has acted professionally in all this in accordance to standard industry practice, one hasn't. Why should those wishing to invest and buy the club have to lower their business standards and compromise their integrity when dealing with the goons that are in power. There's a standard business practises set in place, why can't the board increase their pifflingly low standards and for once act like a professional outfit, the can't they're incapable of acting in a dignified and professional manner.

The motions of the GM cannot be altered as they were put forward with Mo's 51% takeover in mind. I am sure Mark will be better placed to invest after Mo takes over should he still wish to.

The GM deadline is next week, I await the boards confirmation of venue, time and date with interest.

Archived