onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Its my ball and im taking home.

Smallthorne Dog

F.A.O; "a vale fan in madrid"

There is both the letter from Mark and comment today from TLB to explain why Mark will now only invest once V2001 are gone and Mo Chaudry takes

control.....the V2001 Board have not only ignored the offer and phone calls

but have also greatly insulted Mark with comments they have made... such that Mark nolonger wants any dealings with the V2001 Board but continues as part of "team Mo" and will still be a future Director with his own money

to invest......this is a lifelong Vale fan who has put more into the club than any Director who has been so offended by the Directors that he will not put a penny in untill they have gone.

Advert

What have they achieved by withdrawing it? Surely it would have been better to go forward to the EGM with the dual bid rather than Mo's 51% bid?

Its all about egos and posturing and i'm sick of it! Just when you think there is a bid we can all unite behind, one that leaves the board with no viable excuse not to accept it, they go and take it away.

A right load of b0!!0c£$! I dont give a chuff what Chaudry comes up with now i for one dont want to hear it. Because we've no idea how long its on the table for, when he's going to withdraw it or which flaming conditions he's going to add in or take out at any given point. We might as well have a big wheel with 8 bids on and spin it every week or so to decide which one is currently on the table.

This has been going on since November thats nearly 6 months and the board have not got back to Mo or Mark once within that 6 month period, what the **** are they suppose to do when they are hitting a brick wall?

6 months of them idiots ignoring this offer, 6 months of them idiots ignoring the supporters, 6 months of them idiots ignoring the shareholders, 6 months of them idiots ignoring all the protests

There is both the letter from Mark and comment today from TLB to explain why Mark will now only invest once V2001 are gone and Mo Chaudry takes

but have also greatly insulted Mark with comments they have made... such that Mark nolonger wants any dealings with the V2001 Board but continues as part of "team Mo" and will still be a future Director with his own money

to invest......this is a lifelong Vale fan who has put more into the club than any Director who has been so offended by the Directors that he will not put a penny in untill they have gone.

this i believe is the truth of the matter

i only hope the media allow mark to put over his view in the next few days

as i have said on another thread i also think/hope mo has another card to play before the GM

Well it would appear Mo (and Mark) have regressed to silly playground posturing and withdrawn (lets not try and get all smart@r$£ by trying to convince us that lapsed is somehow different) their bid.

A bit like those really irritating kids would do with a casey just when eveyone was in the middle of a good kick about. Whats the point exactly chaps? What do you think it will achieve? Other than making fools out of yourselves and the fans who have steadfastedly backed you.

You had a real chance to unify all supporters with your joint bid and really apply pressure on the board. Now by being so childish you have ruined that, let the board of the hook and i suspect lost the respect of many supporters.

Bratt and Jackson must be laughing their bags off. Well done, we are back to square one! A totally retrograde step in my opinion. I'm sick of listening to you now!

Your support of Mo lasted long Rob! :rolleyes:

Dont professional businessmen set deadlines?

I think you are scraping the barrel with this one.

And this is where things dont add up to me. Surely Mark Sims (as insulted and upset as he may be) stands a far greater chance of ousting V2001 with a joint bid with Mr Chaudry than he does by withdrawing his offercand letting Mo go it alone. They had a chance to unite everyone and take us all on a great journey, why throw that away.

They know the board are a bunch of ignorant slimy no goods. Dont tell me they honestly expected a response within 10 days? And know they are acting all upset at the snub? They knew that was going to be the case, so they should have stood firm and ploughed on with the joint investment plan.

You obviously believe that Mo/Mark thought they would get a response from the board within the deadline. History shows that that was never likely. Which can lead to only one conclusion this whole thing was never designed to have any real substance, and was purely a PR stunt to highlight the fact that V2001 are not interested in sticking to the 24.9% rule.

And this is where things dont add up to me. Surely Mark Sims (as insulted and upset as he may be) stands a far greater chance of ousting V2001 with a joint bid with Mr Chaudry than he does by withdrawing his offercand letting Mo go it alone. They had a chance to unite everyone and take us all on a great journey, why throw that away.

They know the board are a bunch of ignorant slimy no goods. Dont tell me they honestly expected a response within 10 days? And know they are acting all upset at the snub? They knew that was going to be the case, so they should have stood firm and ploughed on with the joint investment plan.

You obviously believe that Mo/Mark thought they would get a response from the board within the deadline. History shows that that was never likely. Which can lead to only one conclusion this whole thing was never designed to have any real substance, and was purely a PR stunt to highlight the fact that V2001 are not interested in sticking to the 24.9% rule.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

It is standard practice in ANY business deal to set a deadline. If no deadline were set, you can guarentee this current board would have sat on it and ignored it for as long as possible hoping it will go away, just as they did with Newton, Just as they did with the Texans, Just as they have done with ANY proposed investment bid in the last 5 years or so!!!!

By setting the deadline, they put a clear mark in the sand that the board were required to take action - They took none! 10 days was more than enough time, especaially as it is common knowledge that the board meet every Monday (every 7 days) to discuss the previous weekends match!

this has exposed the board as being unprofessional, reckless, childish, disrespectful and unrepresentative certainly of me as an individual and a businessman.

Any other potential investor watching this mottly crew operate would NEVER do business with them given their past record! They are not even civil in business, just downright insulting!

I think you have made a well argued point.

Your support of Mo lasted long Rob! :rolleyes:

Dont professional businessmen set deadlines?

I think you are scraping the barrel with this one.

It lasted 10 days Paul!

I supported a joint bid, that bid is no longer on the table. Its extremely disappointing that what provided doubters with such optomism has now been scrapped. And all this blaming the boards lack of a response doesnt wash with me. Given what has previously gone on, they cant have seriously expected one. Given that, what exactly was the point?

It lasted 10 days Paul!

I supported a joint bid, that bid is no longer on the table. Its extremely disappointing that what provided doubters with such optomism has now been scrapped. And all this blaming the boards lack of a response doesnt wash with me. Given what has previously gone on, they cant have seriously expected one. Given that, what exactly was the point?

You're playing right into the board's hands with this response - it's exactly the response they hoped for by not responding!

To quote Mo & Mark from the presss release as it was reported in the Sentinal:

"The board's failure to respect a revised bid in keeping with the V2001 charter and the 24.9 per cent rule shows the hypocrisy of their collective position, given their silence.

"The revised bid is withdrawn as, clearly, the 24.9 per cent rule serves no meaningful purpose. It is, for all intents and purposes, defunct, as illustrated by the board's conduct in failing to accept the revised bid by the deadline."

You're playing right into the board's hands with this response - it's exactly the response they hoped for by not responding!

I would turn that on its head and say Mo and Mark have played into the boards hands by withdrawing the bid!

Let me as you this. Given the board have steadfastly ignored all of Mo's approaches for the last 6 months, and given that they have also totally ignored all contact from Mark Sims over the last few weeks. Do you think Mo and Mark seriously expected a response to this bid? Yes or No?

If your answer is Yes, i have no idea how you could have come to that conclusion given the evidence. If your answer is no , that leads to the question....

What was the point of a deadline? Or indeed the bid itself if it was never going to remain on the table?

It lasted 10 days Paul!

It washes with me, completely. As has been stated on here several times before, when you are conducting a business transaction, deadlines are put in place. Mo put a deadline in place for his original offer, when he had no reply, he withdrew his bid. Again, with the joint bid a deadline was put in place, which they also ignored. What credibility would anyone get if they set a deadline, then just kept extending it, it defeats the object.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, can excuse the Board's behavour on this one. You also cant excuse the fact that Mark has been trying to contact the club for weeks prior to the formal offer with the intention of investing and yet the board ignored him. So all this about it looking like a PR stunt is just ill thought through. Who in their right mind would splash an offer of £600k investment all over the media, if it wasn't genuine. Imagine if they'd have accepted the bid, if it wasn't genuine what would he have done then? Bit of a silly risk to his reputation dont you think? Once his offer was formalised through the only channel available, they ignored that too. Disgraceful on every level.

This board have now become nothing but vermin, I dont like saying that as it will come across as abuse, but I despise them. As individuals and as a collective. They have manipulated everyone, and are only in it for themselves. Hate them with a passion. Such a shame what they have now done to this club.

Archived