onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams out

valiant_593

Seems a good idea, but if it does not work, decisions need to be made.

One last roll of the dice to get this mess sorted.

I'd be very surprised if some sort of meeting wasn't called this morning. Especially given how professional Wildes and Smurf have come across since taking over.

Advert

I see people moaning & wanting Adams out but no names mentioned as to an alternative? Page has been mentioned, maybe someone could enlighten me of Page's attributes & why they think he should take over? Apart from him nobody's mentioned anybody else have they?
Page knows the players and club. Was the change in footballing style down to Page or MA, who selected the flying wingers, why did the Pope`s scoring rate improve? All on Page`s watch or just coincidence. Only the players know this? The only practical solution would be to retain Page and bring in a booster manager. As I have said elsewhere, it is a choice between a miracle recovery or an operation, both can succeed or fail. Not an easy decision unless we know all the facts. I think MA realised that he would not be the man in a club based on player development, and so lost his nerve.

What was john rudges attributes when he took over from mcgrath wot i saw on the pitch last night was shocking morsey and griff pushing each other in the middle of the pitch pope having a go at duffy and then adams has the cheek to critisise the fans he wants to take a good look at himself and stop blaming others just do your job and get vale up.

Is it me or is Mickey trying his hardest to do his best Jim Gannon impression, Mickey has got us top granted, but he is also making us sink. His tactics, his team selections and outbursts at the fans is JG allover. Why he had to change a winning side, I will never know. Its obvious the players have lost faith in him, Dodds and Williamson must be gutted. Sort it out Mickey stop being stubborn and pick our best team. Mickey is going keep the faith with Griff, last night he played to Defensive Midfielders and no wingers. How the frig are we meant to score with that attitude?

The club will not remove Micky Adams, nor should they. Does anyone on here seriously think the owners are going to pay thousands of pounds to get rid of a manager who has Vale in their highest league placing for years.

Someone said they are successful business men, well successful businessmen don't throw their money away in that way.

If we do manage to get up this season it will have been a huge achievement; I for one thought mid table this season as the club rebuilds on and off the pitch. We've done remarkably well so far but things seem to be catching up with us and perhaps performances now are a better reflection of the quality of the team

Always thought that next season would see the real push for sustainable promotion as the club recovers form the depths it had plunged too

I can't therefore see anything being gained by getting rid of Adams now..still lots of points to play for and we will come out of this slump and get a few wins which might just be enough

If we do manage to get up this season it will have been a huge achievement; I for one thought mid table this season as the club rebuilds on and off the pitch. We've done remarkably well so far but things seem to be catching up with us and perhaps performances now are a better reflection of the quality of the team

Always thought that next season would see the real push for sustainable promotion as the club recovers form the depths it had plunged too

I can't therefore see anything being gained by getting rid of Adams now..still lots of points to play for and we will come out of this slump and get a few wins which might just be enough

Good post.

No point getting rid of Adams now, that's just stupid.

Maybe, if we don't go up, we should think about replacing him at the end of the season though, if he can't take a team up having spent all that money in January and being 12 points clear of 4th place at one stage then I don't think he can ever take us up?

The thing is, what managers are available at the minute that could replace him?

Alan Knill? Graham Westley? Gary Megson? John Coleman? John Still?

Not very inspiring!

What was john rudges attributes when he took over from mcgrath wot i saw on the pitch last night was shocking morsey and griff pushing each other in the middle of the pitch pope having a go at duffy and then adams has the cheek to critisise the fans he wants to take a good look at himself and stop blaming others just do your job and get vale up.

Hadn't heard about players pushing each other in the middle or Pope having a go at Duffy.Is the pressure getting to them as well as Adams?

Archived