Adams out

valiant_593

Oh come on, Burge has improved but he's hardly been a revelation. His hard work means he sees a lot of the ball but he rarely does anything with it. Burge is not the answer to our midfield problems.

Yes he is he's been excellent all season!!!

Advert:

Given the terrible state the club was in at the start of the season I thought the job Micky Adams had done up to Xmas was incredible, since then he has failed miserably despite being given financial backing to improve the squad.

Paul and Norman have a very difficult decision- stick or twist.:(

Given the terrible state the club was in at the start of the season I thought the job Micky Adams had done up to Xmas was incredible, since then he has failed miserably despite being given financial backing to improve the squad.

Paul and Norman have a very difficult decision- stick or twist.:(

The improvement in football started with the arrival of Rob Page - he is the man to take over, certainly for the rest of the season anyway!

Advert:

Adams will not be sacked,I feel sorry for Wildes and Smurf they have spent approx 300k on transfers since January, and to get rid of Adams will cost at least 150k they wont want to chuck away 450k in 3 months on nothing.

i dont like to throw a knee jerk reaction into an already fiery melting pot, but i do believe something is very wrong behind the scenes and MA has a lot to answer for? why was burge left out again when hes been a revelation?

Add to that the stuff with Morsy earlier in the season who by the sounds of it was easily our best player tonight. We need to at leat re-unite Morsy and Burge in midfield and if that means Loft out on the left when he retuns than so be it.

Were we just too good for 3 months

Were - Williams Vincent Pope - just on a high and could not fail

Morsy and Shuker were never a table topping midfield pairing

McCombe and Macdonald two center backs gaining promotion

We were never going to maintain this

This is , i believe , the honest truth.

It is also showing M.A. as a poorer manager than we ALL thought

Totally agree

Advert:

Adams will not be sacked,I feel sorry for Wildes and Smurf they have spent approx 300k on transfers since January, and to get rid of Adams will cost at least 150k they wont want to chuck away 450k in 3 months on nothing.

It will cost even more in the long run if we don't get promotion!

Were we just too good for 3 months

Were - Williams Vincent Pope - just on a high and could not fail

Morsy and Shuker were never a table topping midfield pairing

McCombe and Macdonald two center backs gaining promotion

We were never going to maintain this

This is , i believe , the honest truth.

It is also showing M.A. as a poorer manager than we ALL thought

He got lucky. Forced into a formation and tactics due to circumstance. As soon as he could change, he went back to one dimensional hoof ball again. Lucky with pope scoring more than anyone expected. Had no idea once it went wrong.

Get rid of Adams now. Clueless, stubborn man who got lucky with Pope's form and has lived of that all season. The simple fact is he is tactically inept and insists on playing his 'golden boys' - Calvin Andrew made an appearance tonight, and Louis Dodds was left on the bench. Burge has been alienated, and (allegedly) Micky swore at Vale fans tonight. Please go Adams, you can still claim that Reading are your boyhood club.

Page for caretaker.

Spot on. Micky has simply lost it and he will drag us down with him. It can't get any worse after tonight, so let's change it while we can.

Advert:

In defence of M.A.

We saw Saturdays game and Purse was awful. 2 goals conceded were his fault

He was subbed , then dropped and BIG John McCombe comes back in

What happens ! 2 goals conceded tonight were his fault.

McCombe is a center half . Its food and drink. Dont let the forward get a yard on you at corners.

Like i said before. The players on the bench are always better than those on the pitch.

ARE THEY ?

Wish Yates had kept his legs together too on the post It wouldnt have gone in

He too has sat on the bench for a while ?

He got lucky. Forced into a formation and tactics due to circumstance. As soon as he could change, he went back to one dimensional hoof ball again. Lucky with pope scoring more than anyone expected. Had no idea once it went wrong.

Yes, exactly the way I see it. It wasn't really an Adams team was it? There was always something strange about the first few months, winning games like that, scoring so many goals. He dropped on, things fell into place. Now, we're seeing what happens when he tries to effect change and when he needs to effect change - regarding tactics, personnel, man-management, the lot.

Archived