onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams out

valiant_593

Advert

Get rid of Adams now. Clueless, stubborn man who got lucky with Pope's form and has lived of that all season. The simple fact is he is tactically inept and insists on playing his 'golden boys' - Calvin Andrew made an appearance tonight, and Louis Dodds was left on the bench. Burge has been alienated, and (allegedly) Micky swore at Vale fans tonight. Please go Adams, you can still claim that Reading are your boyhood club.

Page for caretaker.

Spot on. Micky has simply lost it and he will drag us down with him. It can't get any worse after tonight, so let's change it while we can.

In defence of M.A.

We saw Saturdays game and Purse was awful. 2 goals conceded were his fault

He was subbed , then dropped and BIG John McCombe comes back in

What happens ! 2 goals conceded tonight were his fault.

McCombe is a center half . Its food and drink. Dont let the forward get a yard on you at corners.

Like i said before. The players on the bench are always better than those on the pitch.

ARE THEY ?

Wish Yates had kept his legs together too on the post It wouldnt have gone in

He too has sat on the bench for a while ?

He got lucky. Forced into a formation and tactics due to circumstance. As soon as he could change, he went back to one dimensional hoof ball again. Lucky with pope scoring more than anyone expected. Had no idea once it went wrong.

Yes, exactly the way I see it. It wasn't really an Adams team was it? There was always something strange about the first few months, winning games like that, scoring so many goals. He dropped on, things fell into place. Now, we're seeing what happens when he tries to effect change and when he needs to effect change - regarding tactics, personnel, man-management, the lot.

Adams in for me, at least until the end of the season anyway. I said at the beginning of the season i'd judge him at the end, i also said i'd be happy with the playoffs. However, having been in such a strong position for automatics, it would now feel like a failure if we didn't go up. Changing the manager now wouldn't make a difference imo, same players, not enough time. Not only that, if we did change it now, & we still didn't go up, then i'd always wonder what if? What if Adams could of turned around this slump in form & got us up? I'd rather give him & the players the rest of the season now, then analyze whether he deserves to go or not at the end.

We should never have taken Adams back after he failed at Sheffield United. I personally believe it is time for a change even if we get promoted!!

My concern is Adams doesn't seem to fit the criteria for P.Wildes plan for future. Wildes stated that we want to like Crewe and develop more youngsters, something Adams has failed to do throughout his managerial career. Just relies on picking up players that are not good enough to get into their previous clubs team

Adams was lucky at the start of the season, when 4 players he wanted to re-sign, Richards, Tomlinson, Rigg and Griffith left. He then managed to get a good team. We came out of admin and he had decisions to make and he messed up.

We might win on Saturday and the season will turn round.

I know I'm like a broken record, but we played OK against Bradford. Dodds, I think was our MOTM and he got dropped.

A big few days for the board.

We have two creative players, Dodds and Burge. Where are they. Adams, bury the hatchet.

Adams was lucky at the start of the season, when 4 players he wanted to re-sign, Richards, Tomlinson, Rigg and Griffith left. He then managed to get a good team. We came out of admin and he had decisions to make and he messed up.

We might win on Saturday and the season will turn round.

I know I'm like a broken record, but we played OK against Bradford. Dodds, I think was our MOTM and he got dropped.

A big few days for the board.

We have two creative players, Dodds and Burge. Where are they. Adams, bury the hatchet.

Yes,but they both go missing,Dodds during the game and Burge before kick-off.:rolleyes:

Need to get behind the lads for every game, and support them during this bad spell. Yes, we're inexplicably bad at the moment, but were still 3rd and all this negativity will achieve nothing but more bad results. After everything in the last few years we didn't expect to be where we are, let's back everyone to finish the job.

I have never been a fan of Adams but the time to judge Adams will be at the end of the season.When he was first appointed there was a noticeable improvement in the team however he did follow Glover and Sinnott.If you look at his previous record in management his success comes in the in the short term.However he has never been able to maintain success -hence his many clubs.Undoubtedly the key to maintaining success, as illustrated by Rudge, was the ability to spot a player . Adams is very poor on this aspect of management as illustrated by his signings in January and in the close season.We have now been in this league for longer than in our history and Adams has been here for 4 seasons less his 6 months sojourn spent with Sheffield.In contrast the manager at Burton is in his first season and they are now above us in the league. Recent results and his latest outburst towards his customers suggest he has lost the plot. Personally I would find some kind of role for John Rudge either as president or football director. That way he would be able to advise Wildes and Smurf during what is increasingly looking like troubled waters.

Archived