Adams out

valiant_593

Advert:

Adams in for me, at least until the end of the season anyway. I said at the beginning of the season i'd judge him at the end, i also said i'd be happy with the playoffs. However, having been in such a strong position for automatics, it would now feel like a failure if we didn't go up. Changing the manager now wouldn't make a difference imo, same players, not enough time. Not only that, if we did change it now, & we still didn't go up, then i'd always wonder what if? What if Adams could of turned around this slump in form & got us up? I'd rather give him & the players the rest of the season now, then analyze whether he deserves to go or not at the end.

We should never have taken Adams back after he failed at Sheffield United. I personally believe it is time for a change even if we get promoted!!

My concern is Adams doesn't seem to fit the criteria for P.Wildes plan for future. Wildes stated that we want to like Crewe and develop more youngsters, something Adams has failed to do throughout his managerial career. Just relies on picking up players that are not good enough to get into their previous clubs team

Adams was lucky at the start of the season, when 4 players he wanted to re-sign, Richards, Tomlinson, Rigg and Griffith left. He then managed to get a good team. We came out of admin and he had decisions to make and he messed up.

We might win on Saturday and the season will turn round.

I know I'm like a broken record, but we played OK against Bradford. Dodds, I think was our MOTM and he got dropped.

A big few days for the board.

We have two creative players, Dodds and Burge. Where are they. Adams, bury the hatchet.

Advert:

Adams was lucky at the start of the season, when 4 players he wanted to re-sign, Richards, Tomlinson, Rigg and Griffith left. He then managed to get a good team. We came out of admin and he had decisions to make and he messed up.

We might win on Saturday and the season will turn round.

I know I'm like a broken record, but we played OK against Bradford. Dodds, I think was our MOTM and he got dropped.

A big few days for the board.

We have two creative players, Dodds and Burge. Where are they. Adams, bury the hatchet.

Yes,but they both go missing,Dodds during the game and Burge before kick-off.:rolleyes:

Need to get behind the lads for every game, and support them during this bad spell. Yes, we're inexplicably bad at the moment, but were still 3rd and all this negativity will achieve nothing but more bad results. After everything in the last few years we didn't expect to be where we are, let's back everyone to finish the job.

I have never been a fan of Adams but the time to judge Adams will be at the end of the season.When he was first appointed there was a noticeable improvement in the team however he did follow Glover and Sinnott.If you look at his previous record in management his success comes in the in the short term.However he has never been able to maintain success -hence his many clubs.Undoubtedly the key to maintaining success, as illustrated by Rudge, was the ability to spot a player . Adams is very poor on this aspect of management as illustrated by his signings in January and in the close season.We have now been in this league for longer than in our history and Adams has been here for 4 seasons less his 6 months sojourn spent with Sheffield.In contrast the manager at Burton is in his first season and they are now above us in the league. Recent results and his latest outburst towards his customers suggest he has lost the plot. Personally I would find some kind of role for John Rudge either as president or football director. That way he would be able to advise Wildes and Smurf during what is increasingly looking like troubled waters.

Adams in for me, at least until the end of the season anyway. I said at the beginning of the season i'd judge him at the end, i also said i'd be happy with the playoffs. However, having been in such a strong position for automatics, it would now feel like a failure if we didn't go up. Changing the manager now wouldn't make a difference imo, same players, not enough time. Not only that, if we did change it now, & we still didn't go up, then i'd always wonder what if? What if Adams could of turned around this slump in form & got us up? I'd rather give him & the players the rest of the season now, then analyze whether he deserves to go or not at the end.

I agree with the first bit. Adams did well upon his expensive return. Now it is time for the players and R.Page to show us they want it. If there is to be a promotion - I really believe it is up to them to show us where MA went wrong and what they can do : again.

Advert:

Sack Adams and then what??

The last time we sacked a manager in March trying to save the season we put Grew in charge. I dare say thats what would happen again.

The season is over in just over a month.

Unless the owners have already sounded out their man, which i do not believe for one second as im sure they think Adams is the man, then we will not get an immediate replacement.

My idea would be a HUGE clear the air talks with players, management and also a statement to supporters to get behind the club.

Without this our season will go down the pan.

We HAVE to sing from the same hymn sheet. We just have to.

I don't think we were lucky at the start of the season. Last home game the second half we battered the other team. The only issue I have with adams is that he seems a little slow to react. We have a very good team that can get promoted and could I think survive in league one.

We will need to add to the team to be anything other than bottom to mid table in L1.

We have had a bad run of form, but we could get out the other side and win every game till the end of the season. When things go wrong we need to get behind the team, no jump on them. It seems we are now getting the normally calm MA to swear at people because we are abusing him so much.

We now have a couple of dozen penniless anarchists who know sweet fa about anything and a group of rumour mongers and hangers on trying to influence who what when and how to decent hard working business men who've put their hard earned money into the club. Paul Wildes and Norman smurthwaite are the best owners the club has had for a decade and here we have these unspeakables trying to dictate policy, you only have to read some of the tripe to realise that most couldn't run a bath with any degree of success yet here we have them trying to dictate who to dismiss without having a clue as to who would be a suitable replacement and what the outcome of the said dismissal would be.It's obvious that it's not their hard earned that is at risk so all this "advice" is all hot air wind and water. So don't think that a few vociferous rabble rousers speak for the vast majority of supporters because they don't, anti social activists exist everywhere but as a rule empty vessels make most noise.

Whatever Purse's shortcomings of late, we missed his presence at the back tonight. Both goals were down to poor marking, and Purse has always been vocal in organising the defence into where they need to be.

Like last Saturday, the damage was done in the first half...yet we looked even less like scoring tonight.

I'm sorry to say but I think Micky was slightly embarrassed and flattered by our lofty position, as I don't think even he knew how we got to be second and even top for a while.

Lately, he and Grew seem to be chucking any formation and team together in hope more than confidence.

On tonight's showing, the season looks over. Yes, I know it sounds crazy and we are third but we look shot of confidence.

Sack Adams and then what??

The last time we sacked a manager in March trying to save the season we put Grew in charge. I dare say thats what would happen again.

The season is over in just over a month.

Unless the owners have already sounded out their man, which i do not believe for one second as im sure they think Adams is the man, then we will not get an immediate replacement.

My idea would be a HUGE clear the air talks with players, management and also a statement to supporters to get behind the club.

Without this our season will go down the pan.

We HAVE to sing from the same hymn sheet. We just have to.

Agree completely.

Advert:

Things are that much of a shambles at Vale on the playing side that I think its too late to save the season by replacing Adams now instead look to bring a new man in as soon as season finished, either way people have to realise the promotion dream is over.

We now have a couple of dozen penniless anarchists who know sweet fa about anything and a group of rumour mongers and hangers on trying to influence who what when and how to decent hard working business men who've put their hard earned money into the club. Paul Wildes and Norman smurthwaite are the best owners the club has had for a decade and here we have these unspeakables trying to dictate policy, you only have to read some of the tripe to realise that most couldn't run a bath with any degree of success yet here we have them trying to dictate who to dismiss without having a clue as to who would be a suitable replacement and what the outcome of the said dismissal would be.It's obvious that it's not their hard earned that is at risk so all this "advice" is all hot air wind and water. So don't think that a few vociferous rabble rousers speak for the vast majority of supporters because they don't, anti social activists exist everywhere but as a rule empty vessels make most noise.

Part of my business is to advise others how to run theirs.

Here I can see a business whose product is deteriorating fast, almost on a par with frozen lasagne, a business that has alienated a large section of its customer base and whose income is falling rapidly and is already under the minimum level required to break even.

I have not been satisfied with the product for some time , do not think it is value for money and am probably in one of the darkest places I have been for 50 years.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind what needs to be done , none whatsoever.

Archived