onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loft a huge loss

andy jones

Loft has looked a bit off the pace since coming back from his injury but I think we are a much better side with him than without him.

I just wonder whether he was better at full back. Him and Burge are quality players but didn't work together as a partnership and Burge certainly has better qualities as a centre midfielder than Dougie.

Advert

name me a vale player who had a better game or made an impact tonight? Purse was solid defensively but his distribution was woeful. Duffy was steady.

I fully understand where you're coming from and like I said I felt Doug played ok. But when the wingers are as poor as they are we very much are relying on the offensive central midfield players (essentially Dodds and Loft tonight) to create something from the centre of the park or at the very least supply the wingers with something to go at. Lofty struggled to do either of these which essentially means he didn't impact the game enough to be classified for me as our best player. We needed more from him.

As I have said elsewhere I'd have gone with the often criticised Chilvers. The only positive tonight was the clean sheet so I think the defence deserves some credit.

It was ironic that Loft got sent off as he showed honesty, on two occasions ,when he could have easily gone to ground and got players booked.Some of the Bradford tactics tonight reminded me of a team not too far from Vale Park.I now understand how they managed to beat Premier League teams in the Cup:yes:

I fully understand where you're coming from and like I said I felt Doug played ok. But when the wingers are as poor as they are we very much are relying on the offensive central midfield players (essentially Dodds and Loft tonight) to create something from the centre of the park or at the very least supply the wingers with something to go at. Lofty struggled to do either of these which essentially means he didn't impact the game enough to be classified for me as our best player. We needed more from him.

As I have said elsewhere I'd have gone with the often criticised Chilvers. The only positive tonight was the clean sheet so I think the defence deserves some credit.

I thought Chilvers was lucky on more than one occasion and certainly wasnt motm for me.

It was ironic that Loft got sent off as he showed honesty, on two occasions ,when he could have easily gone to ground and got players booked.Some of the Bradford tactics tonight reminded me of a team not too far from Vale Park.I now understand how they managed to beat Premier League teams in the Cup:yes:

loft could of easily gone to ground just a few minutes before he was sent off. harshly in my opinion, never a straight red. Especially with what the ref allowed on pope. pope went down twice clutching his face yet gets no protection at all. perhaps we need to start trying to get opposition players booked and sent off, It's not my idea of play but maybe we should fight fire with fire.

loft could of easily gone to ground just a few minutes before he was sent off. harshly in my opinion, never a straight red. Especially with what the ref allowed on pope. pope went down twice clutching his face yet gets no protection at all. perhaps we need to start trying to get opposition players booked and sent off, It's not my idea of play but maybe we should fight fire with fire.

dont know where you sit, but a clearer straight red you will never see! Not saying he went in to hurt the player but he jumped in 2 footed, you cant do that anymore

Stomach bug going around the club so I wouldn't have thought it was made up. Plus Micky is hardly worried by what the fans think.

Didn't mention it yesterday. But did anyone hear the commentary from Saturdays game. Think it was Cullerton that said he noticed Burge have a go at Adams as he got pulled off.

Yeah heard this on Saturday and wondered if it was the reason for his absence. There is this bug going around too?

Archived