onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans losing their bottle ?

grebovale

if Vale ever needed a good crowd with plenty of vocal support it is now. The fickle support of some Vale fans is amazing. They want people to invest in the club, they want to us to attract good players but if we are not playing very well for the first time in a long time they decide that suddenly the Vale is not value for money.

The reality is that supporting a football club is all about the ups and downs. I am as frustrated as anyone, Tom Pope's frustrations were clear to see on Tuesday but we need to support the team now more than ever. I wish we were in a position to not to need the fair weather fans but the club need every single person behind the team right now!

Stop the excuses and support your club.

Good post.

Some fans will find any excuse to justify not going.

Advert

All this bickering has come about from Adams comments after Torquay,he was just the same when we were going through administration,he has a smacked **** attitude,he handles the press poorly,he should be rallying the troops building a seige mentality,instead he is just blaming everyone else.

I think he is building a siege mentality, by defending his team and himself from the critics. One small example of that was his criticism of a small section of fans booing the team. The key thing here is he is not blaming his players, as for blaming everyone else, he has taken a swipe at a small section of fans. That's not blaming everyone else.

if Vale ever needed a good crowd with plenty of vocal support it is now. The fickle support of some Vale fans is amazing. They want people to invest in the club, they want to us to attract good players but if we are not playing very well for the first time in a long time they decide that suddenly the Vale is not value for money.

The reality is that supporting a football club is all about the ups and downs. I am as frustrated as anyone, Tom Pope's frustrations were clear to see on Tuesday but we need to support the team now more than ever. I wish we were in a position to not to need the fair weather fans but the club need every single person behind the team right now!

Stop the excuses and support your club.

Good post.

Some fans will find any excuse to justify not going.

ok saying all that but I know exactly whats gonna happen tuesday night so im gonna save myself 20 quid and the anger I feel walking away from vale park on 80 minutes.

mickeyferns,

What you are saying is valid and has gone on in football from day one, that is the right to not attend if you think it is a waste of money. Our neighbours were 5000 down on their gate yesterday. My gripe with you is why you have to broadcast it on this website. Are you trying to influence other people not to attend?

I will be there and will support them through thick and thin, as I have done since my Dad first took me in the 1950's!I stated in August that that I would get behind the players as they signed their contracts and ,as a result,kept my Port Vale alive!I have never had a go at them and applaud them off at the end of every game.Yes they have frustrated me at times, but my club is alive and, with the new owners at the helm, I am confident for the future of the Valiants.:vale:

I was frustrated at the last game. It was clear in under 5 minutes there was a serious problem with central midfield and tactical adjustment was needed. It didn't happen and of course it is easy for me to say this and hard for Micky Adams to do much as he is a spectator too. But I have to say I was frustrated by the substitutions to some extent as well. In fact in a bad mood all evening and the main reason is that I have seen exactly the same game several times. A failure to resolve the same tactics used against us. I shall try to be more patient.

If we don't either tighten up or mix it up we'll soon be in a position where we've gone from 15 points clear of the playoffs to a position of relying on other results just to make the damn playoffs.

I'll be there Tusday as ever, but it's beginning to look bleak.

At what point were we're 15 points clear of the play offs? Not disagreeing jut honestly can't remember us ever being that far ahead of 4th place.

I think he is building a siege mentality, by defending his team and himself from the critics. One small example of that was his criticism of a small section of fans booing the team. The key thing here is he is not blaming his players, as for blaming everyone else, he has taken a swipe at a small section of fans. That's not blaming everyone else.

His judgement is poor,a very small minority expressed their displeasure by booing,he has picked up on this and run with it in my opinion to cover up his own failings, twice he has admitted he has got it wrong the last home game he got it wrong again,by taking this swipe and being contradictory with his comments he has fuelled the "Debating" on this message board

mickeyferns,

What you are saying is valid and has gone on in football from day one, that is the right to not attend if you think it is a waste of money. Our neighbours were 5000 down on their gate yesterday. My gripe with you is why you have to broadcast it on this website. Are you trying to influence other people not to attend?

not at all just stating my reasoning, thats what this thread is about isnt it?

Archived