onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jones ill, Morsy oppurtunity

Samwelo

Advert

Hope he recovers we need jones he's our best player. Adams will keep it the same but put Yates in jones and Hughes for Andrew, morsy won't start (although he should).

jones is definately our best player, i really think hes probably the only one bar a fit hughes and neal who would shine in league 1

and i also think after exeter we should make a couple of changes, when was the last time adams subbed anyone at half time?

This is the team I'd go for, if Jones is out...

--------------------Neal---------------------

---------------------------------------------

---Yates-----Duffy-------Purse-----Taylor---

--Shuker---Morsy----Dodds----Burge---Loft--

-------------------Pope---------------------

Wings: Shuker has always really been a winger. Too lightweight for the central midfield position for me but is an excellent dribbler, and is very composed on the ball. Give him a chance. Also - I much prefer Loft out on the left, but would like to see him push up more as he has an excellent cross on him. Give these two a chance on the wings, as JMW and Vincent have been poor of late. Plus their energy could ignite us if needs be at the end of the game.

Full backs: With playing wide men who are more likely to track back, I feel we should play with attacking full backs who like to overlap - i.e. Yates and Taylor. We can't play them behind the Wingers for fear of counter attacks - but behind Shuker and Loft could work

Centre half: Duffy and Purse looked solid when they played together. McCombe might still be a bit rusty also. I'm not Duffy's biggest fan by a mile but I think him and Purse could work well together at the back.

Midfield: Pack it - we look so over run, especially when we play with the two wingers and strikers. Morsy adds bite, Burge can spread passes around, and Dodds has the ability and flair to link the attack and midfield

Pope: For me doesn't work well with Hughes or Andrew - no matter how good they are. Let the wide men supply crosses and let Dodds be his foil - just like at the start of the season. Bring Williamson on alongside him if we need it.

Although if Jones is able to play, I'd just switch him for Taylor.

Playing Shuker in a 2 away from home against a good team is suicide. The only way he gets near the team is if we play Popey up top on his own and we need midfield runners. He could be a good option to play instead of one of the wingers and tuck in if Mickey insists on playing his Mike Bassett style 4 4 ****ing 2

This is the team I'd go for, if Jones is out...

--------------------Neal---------------------

---Yates-----Duffy-------Purse-----Taylor---

--Shuker---Morsy----Dodds----Burge---Loft--

-------------------Pope---------------------

Wings: Shuker has always really been a winger. Too lightweight for the central midfield position for me but is an excellent dribbler, and is very composed on the ball. Give him a chance. Also - I much prefer Loft out on the left, but would like to see him push up more as he has an excellent cross on him. Give these two a chance on the wings, as JMW and Vincent have been poor of late. Plus their energy could ignite us if needs be at the end of the game.

Full backs: With playing wide men who are more likely to track back, I feel we should play with attacking full backs who like to overlap - i.e. Yates and Taylor. We can't play them behind the Wingers for fear of counter attacks - but behind Shuker and Loft could work

Centre half: Duffy and Purse looked solid when they played together. McCombe might still be a bit rusty also. I'm not Duffy's biggest fan by a mile but I think him and Purse could work well together at the back.

Midfield: Pack it - we look so over run, especially when we play with the two wingers and strikers. Morsy adds bite, Burge can spread passes around, and Dodds has the ability and flair to link the attack and midfield

Pope: For me doesn't work well with Hughes or Andrew - no matter how good they are. Let the wide men supply crosses and let Dodds be his foil - just like at the start of the season. Bring Williamson on alongside him if we need it.

Although if Jones is able to play, I'd just switch him for Taylor.

pope/Hughes worked against the league leaders......

It's popes poor form in front of goal that's the problem not who he is playing with.

I still don't think Morsy is the answer in midfield, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the last 3 reserve matches and always looks likely to commit a rash foul and get sent off.

Probably because he's playing in the reserves, he isn't exactly going to be up for it stuck in there when he's easily good enough. I don't see how you can say he's not the answer, he's was superb all season m until he got one red card as ever player does, and for some reason hasn't been given another chance.

I think if Jones is ill,as reported,Lofty could drop back and Shuker take his place in midfield.I think we need 5 in midfield at the moment so maybe Yates to go to left back.My midfield tomorrow would be Shuker,Morsy,Burge,Loft and Dodds( just behind Tom.)

I agree 100%. I think that 5 in the middle with Pope on his own is a good option for us at the moment. We get found out too often when Loft and Burge are left isolated

Archived