onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paul Wildes phone-in updates

jeff1966

It's really exciting to read the plans.

My only nagging concern is, how is all this being paid for? Our gates are probably a little higher than previous years and we don't have debt to service. But are we making a profit with all the extra costs?

I hope it's all as good as it seems. I'm hoping to be able to join in the celebrations at the end of the season.

Tone,

I think the approach is to speculate to accumulate. If Vale get into the Championship (as planned) then the financial rewards there (TV revenue and gate revenue) will make a massive difference.

I must say I thought it was a terrific programme and I was delighted with pretty much all the responses. My children are just starting to show an interest in the Vale when I mentioned that they could go to the ground for free and there would be loads to do (not just sitting in the cold watching football) they were definitely interested. And then he announced a family season ticket and I got very interested in that idea too. And the good news just kept coming.

As well as all the praise to Mr Wildes (well deserved) well done to Lee Blakeman and Radio Stoke too - it was an excellent programme and packed an awful lot into an hour. I hope they do another one when/if we seal promotion because it will be interesting to see what Mr Wildes has to offer then.

Advert

Hope someone can post updates on that as I and many others will be at work.

Ayup Melv.Ally stated she's getting used to being in the SC role,told us a bit about herself and her family.Very enthusiastic about the future.Wants the new generation of footie fans to be Valiants.Seeing Wild Thing this afternoon for a meeting about what he can do for her( no rude comments please).Said Pete had done a brilliant job.She'll be at Torquay tomorrow if anyone wants a chat about anything.Missed the first couple of mins but that's about it.Seems a really pleasant and approachable person.;)

maybe but you need understand to attract new support we'd need the facilities as well as the league status. The younger generations are picky on this stuff and if you took a youth in the paddock for the first time especially if they have sampled other stadia. they wont be using the paddock/. What is on the pitch should come first, but you need offer a good match day experience. But by going by the last to be built so last to be replaced well the Hamil, Lorne street and Bycars have all been replaced. But it is not up to me to tell Mr Wildes what to do with his cash. Plus the statement corrects me anyway as in such the rest of the ground will be brought up to the standards of the Lorne street and Hamil.
It is far cheaper/economic to build a concourse type area by the main entrance at the end of the paddock, also another at the rear of the stand, same for the Bycars. Replacing the Railway is likely to cost £1k a seat, so £8M, or less for a smaller stand. So a joint venture in the future could be required. The main thing is to move forward, step by step is safest, no Darlingtons in Burslem please. Play footballs the crowds will come, within the limits of the catchment area.

All very fine things (pity about the Hamil). Will they pay for themselves in terms of increased revenue?..... no.

Releasing a third kit, opening a larger club shop, launching an online ticket website (to think of just three) won't pay for themselves? I would imagine those three things will pay for themselves many, many times over.

As for a family stand - if you can attract youngsters and make them lifelong Vale fans then the revenue they will bring in over the decades of their support will run into many thousands of pounds per fan. And that's not taking into account the matchday revenue of the Lorne St concourse being effectively doubled each game.

Tone,

I think the approach is to speculate to accumulate. If Vale get into the Championship (as planned) then the financial rewards there (TV revenue and gate revenue) will make a massive difference.

I must say I thought it was a terrific programme and I was delighted with pretty much all the responses. My children are just starting to show an interest in the Vale when I mentioned that they could go to the ground for free and there would be loads to do (not just sitting in the cold watching football) they were definitely interested. And then he announced a family season ticket and I got very interested in that idea too. And the good news just kept coming.

As well as all the praise to Mr Wildes (well deserved) well done to Lee Blakeman and Radio Stoke too - it was an excellent programme and packed an awful lot into an hour. I hope they do another one when/if we seal promotion because it will be interesting to see what Mr Wildes has to offer then.

I appreciate and understand that principle and I don't want to come across as being negative or skeptical. I am not that way inclined at all.

I just wonder how it is being handled from a financial standpoint. Wildes and The Smurf have money. We seem to be in agreement about that. They also give the impression of being smart, honest and transparent in their dealings.

But we haven't seen a balance sheet or set of accounts yet.

If on the gates we were getting we managed to lose about 300k a year on average, how are we doing now with increased overheads but without the burden of debt?

If Paul Wildes is "funding it", how is he doing that?

These are exciting times and I am glad "we are where we are".

But we haven't seen a balance sheet or set of accounts yet.

That is inherently one of the risks you take when football clubs are in private ownership rather than owned by the fans. There is an element of trust that the owners are in it for the right reason. But they've delivered on all their promises so far.

I remember some of the comment about previous bidders, with Bratt and his mates moaning that they only want to make vale successful so they get some profit out of it. Call me crazy, but if our owners make us a championship club and also get a return themselves, then that's fantastic. Not only for us fans, but also for showing the that if run properly, a football club can be a viable and successful investment.

In terms of paying for all this stuff, you have to remember they have no loans or debts to service, they've walking into a club which with 5k paying customers each week poses a very healthy start point.

Most of you have suggested speculate to accumulate and is the sense of the club shop, ticketing system that will be very shrewd and worthwhile investments.

Moving the family stand by completing the Lorne st and making U12's free is investing in the future of the club... Whilst making it more affordable afternoon out for families.

Such exciting times and a big applause to Mr Blakeman for such a well managed and presented programme.

In terms of paying for all this stuff, you have to remember they have no loans or debts to service, they've walking into a club which with 5k paying customers each week poses a very healthy start point.

Most of you have suggested speculate to accumulate and is the sense of the club shop, ticketing system that will be very shrewd and worthwhile investments.

Moving the family stand by completing the Lorne st and making U12's free is investing in the future of the club... Whilst making it more affordable afternoon out for families.

Such exciting times and a big applause to Mr Blakeman for such a well managed and presented programme.

Archived