onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paul Wildes phone-in updates

jeff1966

Advert

Just a very brief look over my shoulder.

I'm at a PVFC AGM and Mr Bratt announces .... 'we will be issuing our own forward plan within the next 2 to 3 weeks'

A cold shiver passes through me.

Must remember to never look back.

I Didn't hear tonight's interview but just read Rob's precis on the home page - lost for words for once.

However, may have to give up the Exec Box and get back into the Railway Stand - otherwise might get done for frightening the kids below!

I will be happy watching the Championship in the Paddock, I put up with it before. One step at a time, the last stand to be built so the last to be replaced.

maybe but you need understand to attract new support we'd need the facilities as well as the league status. The younger generations are picky on this stuff and if you took a youth in the paddock for the first time especially if they have sampled other stadia. they wont be using the paddock/. What is on the pitch should come first, but you need offer a good match day experience. But by going by the last to be built so last to be replaced well the Hamil, Lorne street and Bycars have all been replaced. But it is not up to me to tell Mr Wildes what to do with his cash. Plus the statement corrects me anyway as in such the rest of the ground will be brought up to the standards of the Lorne street and Hamil.

It's really exciting to read the plans.

My only nagging concern is, how is all this being paid for? Our gates are probably a little higher than previous years and we don't have debt to service. But are we making a profit with all the extra costs?

I hope it's all as good as it seems. I'm hoping to be able to join in the celebrations at the end of the season.

My only nagging concern is, how is all this being paid for? Our gates are probably a little higher than previous years and we don't have debt to service. But are we making a profit with all the extra costs?

I hope it's all as good as it seems. I'm hoping to be able to join in the celebrations at the end of the season.

I think with it being off the field ventures I believe that it doesn't affect the income and revenues. So it looks as though Paul Wildes will be funding this.

Speculate to accumulate.

Ambitious owners with money behind them who will NOT venture into ANY project without a return on it.

Great for us. Great for them.

Stop being so skeptical and give them a chance Tone.

The best thing to happen to PVFC for many a year, if ever!

One thing that made me smile was his comment about grass...... "...... Ive learned a lot about grass....... I like to know what Im putting my money into......" [roughly quoted]...... nice to hear a business man talk sometimes, reassuring.... better than the last comments we had about grass..... "where's the beef baby".... the old mob had an involvement in grass for a little while.

It may be what we want to hear.... it may be what he wants to do..... but how refreshing to hear progress in the making... not how things were, not how bad things have been but how things are changing..... and there is so much of it. Not just snippets or the odd comment about what may be but what is happening and whats being planned

i very much liked his comment about getting everyone at the club to believe and act like the club are a championship club. A simple positive attitude statement but so much more professional than little old cashstrapped Port Vale. Also for the posters worrying if these investments will see a return, that is Mr Wildes concern as it is he who is investing his cash into the business. Not borrowed money but a business investment which he was keen to point out. That's how a proper business is run, it seems some are still brainwashed and stuck in the V2001 timewarp.

Archived