onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hughes

Bernieseven

I'm very happy with the addition of Hughes. Hughes and Pope up front give the opposition a serious tactical problem to solve. Take your eye off either and you will pay for it.

The four games with this starting partnership have yielded 10 goals and 10 points. I'm more than happy with that. Pope has still got two goals in those games, which is still a very healthy 1 in 2. Nothing to worry about.

Advert

Popey's contribution is still 100%....Hughes's contribution and commitment is 1st class.......A fantastic front two......Yes i was praying for Popey to score tonight as he deserved to.....I bet Popey is very chuffed we won as he is a proper Vale fan.......

I'm fed up of reading that the 2 can't play together, or that Tom has been reduced to a support role.

The team isn't about Tom Pope, he's one part of it.

At the next match, look at how Pope and Hughes line up at kick off, next to each other, laughing and joking. They clearly enjoy playing together.

philpvfc - you are seeing a different game to me mate - if you watch Hughes and Pope they are for ever interchanging positions as to who is straight down the middle and who is playing to one side. Add to that the way Vincent and JMW keep swopping wings and I would think its all an absolute nightmare for league 2 defenders (which its proving to be).

Popey didn't get a really clear cut chance tonight, in fact I'm not so sure he got half a one other tha that brilliant second half glancing header which hit the top of the bar.

We are going to walk away with this division and its brilliant to see the quality runs being made all over the front line (because to add to pope and Hughes runs you should watch how Vincent when he is inside runs across and off the defender. It must be a joy being Ryan Burge with so many players on the front line making runs for his through balls .

Hmmm I like him and what he brings but I honestly hand on heart thought we looked more dangerous with Popey and Williamson when JMW and Vincent switched wings.

Not knocking his efforts tonight, just how I saw the game.

i agree, I love hughes's work rate his attitude and especially his goals, I just think Tom allows himself to revert to how he was when Rico was here and does the fetching and carrying. Not criticising Tom I just think he plays better when alongside Ben.

Why??? Will be nice to see the pair of them scoring and hopefully I'll be proven wrong but my betting Pope's goal average goes to less than half it was for the remainder of the season if the pair play together. True......it does not matter who is scoring and Hughes is a massive asset to the club, I'm just hoping it doesn't affect Popes play the way I think it will.

Personally, and il put this very very very ****ing bluntly to you.......... I support Port Vale Football Club and not Tom Pope or any other individual.

We were superb tonight without getting out of second gear. Get a grip.

I am amazed people would pick Williamson over Hughes. Last night we looked like a top of the league team team, and the forwards made their defences life so difficult for them. Pope would be marked man, however they can't just focus on him and that makes more space for everyone.

Hughes came off with Barnet in mind I assume, personally who cares who scores as long as they flow, Pope hasnt scored in 2 games not exactly a barren run! He scored 2 in 2 with Hughes previous to them two games and didnt score once Hughesy came off in all four...

Archived