onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 Accrington Stanley 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Smugsy - were the boos for the ref or the players? - if the latter then shame on them.

I agree in that I wasn't concerned at Half Time either I just felt that with Pope and Hughes on the pitch sooner or later a chance would come and be finished - once we score we take a lot of catching.

Advert

Smugsy - were the boos for the ref or the players? - if the latter then shame on them.

I agree in that I wasn't concerned at Half Time either I just felt that with Pope and Hughes on the pitch sooner or later a chance would come and be finished - once we score we take a lot of catching.

I believe the boos were for the linesman in front of the Paddock.

A game where we had to be patient. After the sending off Accrington were only after a point and although we weren't great in the first half, I wasn't really concerned. After upping the tempo at the start of the second, the goal came and then it was a question of how many.

What really got my goat today was the reaction of some "supporters" who booed the team off at half time. I not of those who think booing of the players is always unacceptable but come on. Second in the league, eight points clear of the playoffs and not even losing and they get booed? Have a look at yourselves. Muppets.

Spot on:yes:I was annoyed to hear the idiots at half time too.Just remember where Vale were 12 months ago:doh::doh:ALMOST DOWN AND OUT!!!Get behind the team for a final run in to promotion for goodness sake.

A game where we had to be patient. After the sending off Accrington were only after a point and although we weren't great in the first half, I wasn't really concerned. After upping the tempo at the start of the second, the goal came and then it was a question of how many.

What really got my goat today was the reaction of some "supporters" who booed the team off at half time. I not of those who think booing of the players is always unacceptable but come on. Second in the league, eight points clear of the playoffs and not even losing and they get booed? Have a look at yourselves. Muppets.

There were some people who booed when Shuker came on. A player that helped get us to the top two in the league earlier in the season when playing out of position. So I watched him. He made no misplaced passes and made one pass that the striker had a chance to score with. He was close to scoring himself from a low cross but in stretching and clearing the defender's legs could not keep it down.

I only support boos when i think there is not enough energy. The first half performance was not that, it was not solving the challenges.

The last two games have had teams come to play dirty in a crude way. I think kicking off and walking up to Vincent in the first 15 seconds to elbow him in the face was crude last game. I thought a two footed over the top tackle after five minutes and other challenges today were crude. Out of character for Stanley as well.

Honestly I wouldn't be worried about any of them - they are all inconsistent. It's Rotherham, Cheltenham and Southend that will pose the biggest threat....

Rotherham have just come off a 3 game losing streak. I think they're as inconsistent as the others.

Rotherham have just come off a 3 game losing streak. I think they're as inconsistent as the others.

Rotherham have a very impressive squad......especially Pringle in midfield...........Their problem is that BIG fat toss Manager Evan's.

Solid win. Frustrating first half but it was only a matter of time before we scored. With the quality and goals in our squad it was always going to be difficult for a plummeting Accrington side to hold out for 85 minutes with 10 men.

We are going up. 6 wins and 4 draws will do it. This league is full of inconsistent sides apart from us and Gillingham.

Why do players dive in two footed on a player in the first 5 mins when there is no danger? Jones was hidden behind a pillar so all I saw was Barnett diving in. Looked awful.

Anyway 2nd half was more like it. Class goals.

Neal: Safe as the safest house in the world.

Duffy: Solid if unspectacular. Looked good going forward though.

Jones: Unlucky not to score. Very composed on the ball. One of the best defenders I've seen at Vale.

Purse: He's brilliant. In the first half he bossed everyone around and looked really solid.

Chilvers: Wasn't really challenged by anyone - looked solid.

Ok that's the defenders who for most of a match didn't have much to do!

Vincent: Need a rest and a spell on the bench in order to recover his form.

Myrie Williams: Not much end result but mobile and caused problems - probably needs a rest too!

Loft: Always mobile and did a lot of running today....but

Burge: Absolutely awesome performance. Tackling was clean and definitive. Passing was excellent. Set up the first goal. Now he's still young and is probably going to put on a bit of muscle. I think we potentially have the best player at Vale and the next big star.

Pope: Had an off day. Got bullied a lot. Missed a chance. Players got greedy at 3-0 and didn't give him the ball.

Hughes: Showed why clubs sign him. Good quality on the ball. Good runs and dropped deep when needed. Great finishes too. Definitely not fit enough for 90mins just yet I think.

Whilst you could say Micky lost us 3 points against Chesterfield, he won it against Accrington.

Vale on top. Going up.

Archived