onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky- Bring back Kris Taylor

carl

Can't understand why now that Vale have adapted an attacking approach we have to resort to negative defensive players? Teams like Everton have players like Leighton Baines, Man Utd had Gary Neville, Liverpool had Steve Nicol, when you watch full back/left/right backplayers like that who attack attack attack and make up full fold for their defensive anomolies I really cant see why Kris Taylor is such a NO No? What about that excellent goal he scored at Crewe- it was created out of nothing. That's the kind of magic we will need to finally get out of this division because, like it or not, teams will tighten and wise up to the Vale's attacking style if they havent already. Ask Rochdale, York, who came here and were 2-0 down. What happened? The team started to try sitting on a two goal lead- you cant do that I think those two results alone is evidence enough!!!

Advert

Read again pal, I said SOME ex players. The only left back i would have back is Collins

I was joking- in keeping with the spirit of this thread!

As Spunkers says, KT can't get a league club and in our current position we should only be looking to bring in players in January who are going to be able to compete in League 1. Now I know the whingers will deride that last comment by seizing the opportunity to slate our current squad and say none of them are good enough for League 1, but that isn't the point! We signed a lot of our current crop when we weren't going anywhere but times have changed, we have stability and a good chance. Let's just see what happens

We do need some one who can cross a ball accurately, but with speed.

My Grandmother could run faster than Kris Taylor & Yates & most of the Vale defenders.

Any players coming to the club need to be a class higher than what we already have and what have had in the last few years.

kris taylor is streets ahead of rob taylor who cant defend or attack!

Rob Taylor, apart from THAT consolation goal he scored in the cup a couple of seasons ago at Burnley, has proven to be nothing but a waste of time and space in the squad. If anyone should be released, soon, it should be him. Far too inconsistent. Look at Ryan Giggs, he's been doing it week in, week out, for years, and to be fair at a whole better level.

Rob Taylor, apart from THAT consolation goal he scored in the cup a couple of seasons ago at Burnley, has proven to be nothing but a waste of time and space in the squad. If anyone should be released, soon, it should be him. Far too inconsistent. Look at Ryan Giggs, he's been doing it week in, week out, for years, and to be fair at a whole better level.

Unlike Kris Taylor, who was a model of consistency in his time here? I agree with your point about R.Taylor by the way.

I agree with that Tim. Adams kept the wrong Taylor. Rico told me that when Kris left the club got rid of the best crosser of a ball at the club.

Absolutely correct OS you only have to think back to that peach of a cross he put on Rico's head for the equaliser against Lincoln a couple of season's ago as one example.

My only problem with Kris is that I think he cannot play in a back four, he looked far more effective when used as a wing back with the 3 centre backs of McCombe, Owen and Collins in the early part of 2009/10 season. where he could get forward and relie on the pace of Collins to come over and cover for him. So to answer the question to have him back I would say no unless we are going to change our defensive formation to 3 centre backs and stick with it which I cannot see happening.

I know alot of people got on Taylor's back for standing off wingers, but I do remember the same being aimed at Tankard when he arrived with many wanting Dean Stokes to start ahead of him just because he flew into tackles. Taylor is certainly not in the same class as Tanks (best left back I've seen at Vale in 25 years), but he isn't the awful defender that some are labeling him.

I know alot of people got on Taylor's back for standing off wingers, but I do remember the same being aimed at Tankard when he arrived with many wanting Dean Stokes to start ahead of him just because he flew into tackles. Taylor is certainly not in the same class as Tanks (best left back I've seen at Vale in 25 years), but he isn't the awful defender that some are labeling him.
I agree with that comment. Kris wasn't great but neither was he as bad as some on here would have you believe.

Archived