onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Louis Dodds

Regal Beagle

But what I'm saying is, in my opinion....Williamson will score more than Dodds, but a team with Dodds in is better than a team with Williamson in.

Who knows perhaps the option was to replace Pope with Williamson and keep dodds in that CF/CAM role. I just think Dodds tearing round their half looking like a headless chicken is far more effective than we've given the team/dodds credit for this season.

Why should Williamson keep his place when we're not as good when he starts as we are when Dodds starts?

EDIT: I don't want this to sound like a Williamson witch hunt, I hate a scapegoat, it was obviously Calvin Andrew in that second striker role yesterday, and the same rung true, he also fails to suppot the midfield and link them with Pope/the wingers.

I agree with you, I think when Williamson has started he's played in the same role as Dodd's did. A bit deeper than Pope and linking with midfied. Not like one of two target men in a 4 4 2 like Andrew was yesterday. I'd much have preferred Dodds starting yesterday and playing this position than playing Andrew. I've got nothing against Dodds he just consistantly disappoints when given a long run in the team. Played great at the start of the season, then faded badly. I just can't think of a question for which Dodds is the answer (ditto Taylor).

Advert

When was the last one? Andrew was also on the pack your bags list anyway. Williamson has six is it? from far less starts and can get better, so deserves to be ahead of Dodds (and Andrew). Dodds like Taylor has ability for sure, but they've been with us now for ages and just haven't progressed at all - gone backwards actually. The others are just old donkeys who'd struggle in the Blue Square and whom we should never have signed in the first place.

All I did was answer you question. No need to get shirty.

I like Louis Dodds.

Now is the time to reflect on why we were doing so well two months ago, when we had a settled side, we looked well balanced all over the park and were playing some terrific football.

If we can start doing that again then there's nothing to worry about.

Well put - it ain't rocket salad, is it?!

Dodds may well be an enigma for us, but he causes more problems for the opposition than Pope`s other partners. Bringing Williamson on as a sub was also very effective, it also means that Dodds can use all his energy up in the first hour, and Williamson comes on fresh when the opposition defence is tiring. Whereas yesterday we were very static and predictable. Surely it is part of management to analyse results obtained by various formations, injuries can interfer with the best laid plans, but Grew and Page watch most games as well as Adams.

He's supposed to be a striker right? How many has he scored after his long run starting up top? He's not an enigma - he's a waste of a squad place. Pack your bags Dodds and take Murphy Taylor Shuker McAllister Andrew and Chilvers with you.

Disagree. Whenever Dodds gets selected up front he gets 1/2 games max and is dropped. Look at his goal return as a vale player. For someone playing out of position it is great, would take double figures of him every season!

Doddsy is not on Micky's Xmas Card list by the looks of things......IMHO he is very talented young player who works his socks off and it goes unnoticed by certain fans.......Plus he is a Wednesday fan. ;).

I think when Micky signs a few new faces in the New Year....... Dodds/Pope up front could become a good option for the Vale.....

Archived