onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst performance of the season

Bernieseven

Bit harsh to say our worst performance of the season, it wasn't great but partly I thought it was a case of not Vale's day and Bradford aren't a bad side either.

1st half I thought was pretty even tbh, 2nd yes we were poor in general(we seemed to run out of ideas in the final third and that final ball wasn't there on a number of occasions) but there were a couple of big turning points in the game. Firstly the Andrew header early on, if that goes in it settles us down and obviously it's a different game.

Secondly the not given penalty, most blatent one I've seen for a while not given, the ref was in a bad position so couldn't see took a quick look at his linesman who was as much use as a glass hammer all game anyway and decided it was a dive! They then went up the other end and scored the 2nd a couple of minutes later.

Another point I thought McLoughlin in their goal was MOTM for them, he was by far the busier keeper and made a number of good claims from crosses and corner, best performance from a visiting keeper at VP I've seen for a while despite the low calibre of the game!

No need to panic it was one of those days, **** happens!

Advert

Spot on

What worries me is just how poor we were.

We are dependant on Myrie Williams and Vincent to be on top of their game to create anything, which when they do we are fantastic, when they don't - Clueless.

Centre midfield (whoever plays) lacks experience and guile and a Leader.

We have a great Keeper who may well just ensure we get promotion.

3 signings: Left back/ Centre Mid/ Striker please Santa!

The mercurial Pope has been a godsend, we have no one else.

Exactly my thoughts. Apart from his increased fitness, Pope's success this season is also down to JMW & Vincent, but although he was beating his fullback time & time again, there was no end product last night from JMW in particular. If these two are not playing at an high tempo, we look average. Why MA needs to turn to Rob Taylor every time is beyond me.

And what about Adams first season, when we had a poor start but the form in the 2nd half was automatically promotion form and saw us just miss out on the play offs. How does that stat fit with your theory that "te wheels always come off this time of year".

Maybe I should have said "start" to come off. I'm not a merchant of doom but for me there's only one player who was here last season that has improved, Pope.

We are relying on the same Lous Dodds, Rob Taylor, Mcombe, Yates etc all previous failures.

We've had a great start and can these players push on ? I don't think so. For us to progress and maintain a challenge and then hold our own in a league above we need better. I think one or two teams may be begin to catch us up, I hope not but that's what I think!

Maybe I should have said "start" to come off. I'm not a merchant of doom but for me there's only one player who was here last season that has improved, Pope.

We are relying on the same Lous Dodds, Rob Taylor, Mcombe, Yates etc all previous failures.

We've had a great start and can these players push on ? I don't think so. For us to progress and maintain a challenge and then hold our own in a league above we need better. I think one or two teams may be begin to catch us up, I hope not but that's what I think!

So McDonald, Burge, Williamson, Morsey haven't improved? We also added quality like Neil, Vincent and JMW to the squad.

We probably do need a couple of extra quality players, and in sure we'll get them.

So McDonald, Burge, Williamson, Morsey haven't improved? We also added quality like Neil, Vincent and JMW to the squad.

We probably do need a couple of extra quality players, and in sure we'll get them.

As I only saw 3 games last season I cant speak from personal experience but some appear to have improved and some not. Some were never any good anyway.

It is clear that Pope has improved , Burge is actually available and has done reasonably well. Morsey is actually getting picked. Yates Taylor and Dodds have had the odd good game but have lapsed into old bad habits more often than not. McCombe is a trier but has only ever been average and suffers by being paired with someone slower than he is. If McDonald has improved then **** knows what he was like before! Williamson the jury is still out. The two wingers although they can infuriate (dont most wingers) are clearly a step up from previous. As is the keeper.

The good thing is that although we are carrying a lot of deadwood we are still second with half a team. Roll on January.

Burge, Williamson and Morsey hardly featured last season. McDonald is an average league two defender in my view. The players we've added at the start of the season except Murphy have been the difference but we need more to keep up the momentum. Relying on the likes of the players I mentioned may well result in another year in league two.

As I only saw 3 games last season I cant speak from personal experience but some appear to have improved and some not. Some were never any good anyway.

It is clear that Pope has improved , Burge is actually available and has done reasonably well. Morsey is actually getting picked. Yates Taylor and Dodds have had the odd good game but have lapsed into old bad habits more often than not. McCombe is a trier but has only ever been average and suffers by being paired with someone slower than he is. If McDonald has improved then **** knows what he was like before! Williamson the jury is still out. The two wingers although they can infuriate (dont most wingers) are clearly a step up from previous. As is the keeper.

The good thing is that although we are carrying a lot of deadwood we are still second with half a team. Roll on January.

Have to agree. Although we are carrying (as are most Division 2 teams )a lot of deadwood we are still 2nd and in a good position, and with a few smart additions should be capable of getting away from this dire league. Will have to believe Adams has now targeted those he feels will improve the squad and get these players in, in January.

It should be noted that even teams at the top of the table rarely have 11 top of the range players. All teams have a few makeweights some of whom do do better than expected. The problems comes when another club signs one of these makeweights thinking they are getting a player who will take them up.

Therefore we may need only 3 players rather than 5 or 6 , but the more the better.

Archived