onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst performance of the season

Bernieseven

Advert

What do you mean something has gone? In our last 2 league games we have picked up 6 points, scored 7 and conceded 1.

This time of year we are going to have to battle and grind out results. We were always going to get found out and now most teams double up on our wingers. We'll be okay. 3 points Saturday please.

Sincerely hope so. I know we are 2nd in the league but even the die hard Vale fans have to agree that we haven't hit the heights of early season in these past few weeks. Confidence seems to be ebbing somehow and our better players are not doing the simple things as well. Just my observation(and apparently backed up by all round me last night) that things are going flat and heads are bowing when we should be getting stuck in. Crap league so hope we do not throw everything away.

Spot on

What worries me is just how poor we were.

We are dependant on Myrie Williams and Vincent to be on top of their game to create anything, which when they do we are fantastic, when they don't - Clueless.

The mercurial Pope has been a godsend, we have no one else.

Centre midfield (whoever plays) lacks experience and guile and a Leader.

We have a great Keeper who may well just ensure we get promotion.

3 signings: Left back/ Centre Mid/ Striker please Santa!

I agree totally.

What's strange is that all of the midfield 4 that finished the game last night were the ones that did so well at the start of the season. What's gone wrong?

As I said, at this time of year. We did it the season Adams did a runner.

And what about Adams first season, when we had a poor start but the form in the 2nd half was automatically promotion form and saw us just miss out on the play offs. How does that stat fit with your theory that "te wheels always come off this time of year".

And what about Adams first season, when we had a poor start but the form in the 2nd half was automatically promotion form and saw us just miss out on the play offs. How does that stat fit with your theory that "te wheels always come off this time of year".

one loss in ten league games would suggest the wheels are firmly on

whilst not hitting the early season heights, vale have only lost 1 in 10 league games, the best record in L2

if we had continued early season from we would walk the league and get a record number of points ever

Yes lets not get too despondant.

YES this wes parhaps our worst performance that I have seen all season because we did not score BUT, before their first goal there was a blatent hand ball and THE PENALTY. The ref was possibly the most one side official I have eveer seen in my 50+ years going to Vale Park, in the first hour he gave us nothing.

My veiw is simple, my ambition for this season is to get out of L2 and we are still on target for that either automatic or via the play offs, our form so far suggests this is probable so dont despair.

WE ARE GOING UP............................ That's what is important.

Let save the good luck and better refs for our leauge games.

Yes lets not get too despondant.

YES this wes parhaps our worst performance that I have seen all season because we did not score BUT, before their first goal there was a blatent hand ball and THE PENALTY. The ref was possibly the most one side official I have eveer seen in my 50+ years going to Vale Park, in the first hour he gave us nothing.

My veiw is simple, my ambition for this season is to get out of L2 and we are still on target for that either automatic or via the play offs, our form so far suggests this is probable so dont despair.

WE ARE GOING UP............................ That's what is important.

Let save the good luck and better refs for our leauge games.

What better refs in the league? We haven't been blessed with one yet this season!!

Spot on

What worries me is just how poor we were.

We are dependant on Myrie Williams and Vincent to be on top of their game to create anything, which when they do we are fantastic, when they don't - Clueless.

The mercurial Pope has been a godsend, we have no one else.

Centre midfield (whoever plays) lacks experience and guile and a Leader.

We have a great Keeper who may well just ensure we get promotion.

3 signings: Left back/ Centre Mid/ Striker please Santa!

Spot on - but race horse style, not cart horse.

There is no need to press the panic button after one defeat and likewise go over the top if we win a game.

The defeat shows that certain personnel are key to us. Pope obviously. Andrews is just nowhere near fit enough (if he is good enough) to just come in and play. We just have to hope that Pope stays fit or does not get sent off until at least the January transfer window.

It is also told us that central midfield, we don't have that many quality midfielders in the squad who are good enough in a central midfield two. Adams chopping and changing since the season started is the evidence to confirm this. A fully fit Murphy from the off might have delivered one of the regular places and I agree with others that Loft should have been free'd up to stay in one of these roles by signing a left back. Outside of that Burge does a job, James has not played enough games to judge if he is good enough, Morsy is inconsistent and has discipline issues in terms of his tackling. McAllister has disappointed as has Shuker at times.

I also believe we badly miss a leader on the pitch. Whether this be a central midfielder/defender. You can see clearly why Adams signed Artell initially despite not being that good a defender.

So a few issues over personnel which to be honest we have all known for some weeks. I believe despite what Adams said about having targets ready, he just had too little time between coming out of admin and the loan signing window this time to do anything about it. Yes we missed Hughes (whether or not that is good or bad for supporters) by a **** up, but I firmly believe for January with time to do deals, he will strengthen with quality.

Now we have got that out of our system its all guns blazing against Chesterfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot-on, let's concentrate on the important stuff--beating Chesterfield! It will be a much different side that's on the Vale Park pitch on Saturday--so let's all get behind the lads and look forward to 3 more points towards promotion!

Archived