onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Popey stay ?

jeff1966

Pay him the going rate and let him decided. Hope he has learnt from Roy Sproson and wants to stay at this club where he loves and the fans love him.

Look at the players who have left and not made the grade or got games. He could be another hero at Vale like Roy.

Advert

Don't be so sure the Lions are lurking!!!

He's scored more goals for us this season than any other player has for any other club in the land, and maybe Europe (Not sure on Messi's and Falcao's figures without looking). Point being any club would be daft not to be interested, take a look and 'lurk'.

Trust me though, he is going nowhere.

Tom's already had one big move and look how that panned out.

It's taken him the best part of 3 years to rebuild his career and it's just now that we are reaping the benefits of that.

It's my personal opinion that he's done a lot a growing up recently, both personally and in a footballing sense, and although I still don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer (anybody that reads his twitter will know what I mean) I don't think he will be daft enough to turn is back on those that have helped him and shown faith in him during his time here.

So in a word, yes, he will stay.

If his contract does expire at the end of this season then the club must try and get that extended on decent terms if they really want him to stay. That way if a ridiculous offer came in we could ask for a proper fee. However it may be that Vale would listen to sensible offers before that, who knows what Adams /Wildes are thinking? Could it be that we are lining up a good replacement up front, just in case....?

I think Pope's age and previous record will put alot of suitors off.

I am sure that a struggling Champ side might look at him in Jan though, think they can get him cheap, maybe buy a manager some time if he's under pressure - a bit of a marquee signing due to Pope's reputation this season.

Some players find a place that suits them so a move would be a risk for Pope after what happened at Rotherham....and of course a problem for Vale.

He's scored more goals for us this season than any other player has for any other club in the land, and maybe Europe (Not sure on Messi's and Falcao's figures without looking). Point being any club would be daft not to be interested, take a look and 'lurk'.

Trust me though, he is going nowhere.

Trust me them lions in south London are lurking, Tom gets 1k plus goal bonus at vale, vale fan or not your football career is a short 1, treble his money and set himself up!!!

I think it would have to take really silly money(wages and offer wise) to see him go before the end of the season. If he stays and helps to take us up he will have his place in Vale folklore and can hold his head up high in the black n white half of Stoke for the rest of his life imo. I'd also hope his old man would be in his ear about this too should any offers come in! I'd gladly buy him a swift half if I saw him in a pub in 20 years time for the goals that helped us get promotion in 2012/13. If he went at the end of the season after doing this I couldn't blame him, yes I'd be disappointed as a Vale fan but football is a short career.

As Ant says a new longer contract is imperative though so if he does go we get a decent wedge!

Archived