onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Popey stay ?

jeff1966

I work out of the area and Derby/Notts/Burton fans say we have no chance of keeping hold of Popey in January transfer window.Any other time I might agree, however with us in the best financial position for decades, owing nowt and Popey being a vale fan can we keep hold of him?:upthevale:

Advert

He'll leave at the end of the season and I wouldn't blame him. I'm pretty sure a championship club will come knocking and how could he turn that down... He's not getting any younger and will want to play at the best level he can . I can't see him leaving in January. He's enjoying the best season he's ever had for the team he loves. He'll still have clubs looking at him at the end of the season so no need to rush into signing for another club in January

I believe that if Tom is treated properly he will sign a new improved long term contract. At least in that way if the vultures start circling then we will at least get a good fee for our prized asset.

In my opinion who cares what other clubs supporters think. Tom Pope is a Vale fan and I'm convinced that the lad is happy here and if treated correctly won't s**t on us.

Tom must be aware after his 'Millers' stint that the 'grass isn't always greener!'

he certainly WONT leave us in January. He's having the best season of his career with the club he loves. He is fast becoming a vale hero!! He saw the effect of Mickey upping and leaving sticks half way through a season and he wont want his vale legacy to be tarnished with bringing down a promotion season. Tom's a loyal lad and will stay true to the cause until the summer!! if he leaves in the summer for a ' bigger' club, tripling his wages and playing at a higher level there wont be 1 vale fan who wouldnt wish him luck im sure and the first Saturday he isnt playing he will be the first lad back in the paddock. well maybe the Crown first then the Paddock. Pay him what he is worth Mickey.

Archived