onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What do you want?

Lady_Vale

With everything that's going on at the moment I sat last night and felt even more disgusted by the current regime.

The Starve them Out campaign we are led to believe is in full swing, yet despite having a season ticket for well over a decade I have received nothing through the post, via email, telephone encouraging me to purchase another. No exciting billboards of the players celebrating a goal dotted around Burslem, no leaflets on counters in town, no campaign at all that I know to (which if there is, it's failing to reach many people). I haven't even heard this plugged on the radio at any point.

Is it a case that, 'well they're on sale, so if you don't want us to go into admin buy one' - is that this years marketing stategy?

I find it so frustrating and really wish this club could get a lasting buzz going. Someone with passion and ambition to give the place a spark and an injection of life. Whether we like it or not we'll be competing with Stoke for the next generation of new football fans and we need to move out of the 90's and present Port Vale as more than a failing, potless poor neighbour of 'you know who'.

This led me to thinking 'what would people want from their club in the future?' What thing however small would get you that little bit more interested in general? What areas could the 'new Port Vale' focus on for your pleasure?

For eg One item that would be on my agenda would be a decent kit manufacturer. If Macc can have an Adidas kit then why the devil can't we? I'd love to be able to buy the top and maybe a good quality t-shirt - I am certain kit sales would increase tenfold and would make the assumed higher production cost worthwhile.

The club shop is in a time-warp, with overpriced shoddy merchandise. I'm pretty sure whoever decided to incorporate the shop into a stand that away fans and casual shoppers rarely see has cost the club thousands too but I guess that's another story......

Advert

Just last night I was having this conversation with Tony Boult a Vale fan of 45 odd years and we more or less touched on every point raised in your post.

The outcome and the only outcome was wholesale changes, not little changes here and there but the wholesale change of everything starting with the board.

I was hoping for more constructive ideas. Of course for anything to happen it would have to mean the end of V2001 as most peoples plans are going to involve more than £500 here and there.

It would just be interesting to see in black and white what needs to be improved from top to bottom to make this club GREAT again.....even something like a revamp of paddock toilets would improve the experience for some....how many people would risk a bladder infection rather than venture into the depths of the black lagoon :D

With everything that's going on at the moment I sat last night and felt even more disgusted by the current regime.

The Starve them Out campaign we are led to believe is in full swing, yet despite having a season ticket for well over a decade I have received nothing through the post, via email, telephone encouraging me to purchase another. No exciting billboards of the players celebrating a goal dotted around Burslem, no leaflets on counters in town, no campaign at all that I know to (which if there is, it's failing to reach many people). I haven't even heard this plugged on the radio at any point.

Is it a case that, 'well they're on sale, so if you don't want us to go into admin buy one' - is that this years marketing stategy?

I find it so frustrating and really wish this club could get a lasting buzz going. Someone with passion and ambition to give the place a spark and an injection of life. Whether we like it or not we'll be competing with Stoke for the next generation of new football fans and we need to move out of the 90's and present Port Vale as more than a failing, potless poor neighbour of 'you know who'.

This led me to thinking 'what would people want from their club in the future?' What thing however small would get you that little bit more interested in general? What areas could the 'new Port Vale' focus on for your pleasure?

For eg One item that would be on my agenda would be a decent kit manufacturer. If Macc can have an Adidas kit then why the devil can't we? I'd love to be able to buy the top and maybe a good quality t-shirt - I am certain kit sales would increase tenfold and would make the assumed higher production cost worthwhile.

The club shop is in a time-warp, with overpriced shoddy merchandise. I'm pretty sure whoever decided to incorporate the shop into a stand that away fans and casual shoppers rarely see has cost the club thousands too but I guess that's another story......

Some excellent points.........what do I want from my club in the future Pride, Hope, but above all this horrible board shown the door ===

I could go on all day about what I want from my club but to put it in a nutshell,I want some HOPE.

There's no hope with the current shower we've got.They can't take us any further and we'll just stagnate.They don't seem to want to improve things and are just in it for themselves.Imo,they are not real Vale fans.:(

===

The point you raise about season tickets and no advertising campaign being done for them was covered last year.One of the directors said something like - "No need to advertise the sale of them,why waste money.Fan's will buy anyway"This in itself shows just what a bunch of ignorant,arrogant,incompetent,ambitionless,scrotes we have running the club.This can mean only one thing.What do we/i want.I want this lot out PDQ and their replacements to have drive,ambition,communicate with the shareholder's,fan's,truth not lie's.

Off the field: Professionalism, honesty, integrity

On the field: Pride, passion, belief

The problem with the Vale is that there is no leadership. Their is no common culture other than that of failure. There are no standards from what I can see, and no measurement to the non existent standards.

The 'leaders' at the club are happy to simple meander along provided nothing disturbs their comfort zone. That is something that cuts across many different aspects of the club right the way from the boardroom, through right down to the playing staff.

But what more can you expect when the ambition at the club is to last out the season and success is deemed to be doing that.

I'm not a huge fan of the phrase 'root and branch reform' but it was one thing Newton was absolutely spot on about. The club needs a radical overhaul from top to bottom. It needs fresh blood in all areas and it needs shaking up, and the right people being put into the right jobs to deliver an ambition of becoming a progressive, successful community based football club.

That will never happen under V2001 and for the reason alone it simply astounds me that there are people out there who continue to back the board.

Archived