onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What do you want?

Lady_Vale

Advert

I would like to be able to walk into the club shop and buy my 3 year old a home and away shirt and I would also like one of those small Vale strips that stick to the back window of the car.

Problem is, whenever I go into the shop they have neither the home or away shirt in his size and don't have any sticker/strips got the car.

I'm not asking for much!

Oh, and I'd like to see someone drop mr an email or send over a letter asking mr if I fancy a new season ticket.... Saying that, they couldn't email me, as theyve never asked me for my email address!

Dya know, I've been in the shop a few times for one of those car stickies.... Surely they must be popular?

Also a friend went in for something for her son a few weeks ago....they'd sold old. 'When are you having more in'....answer 'we aren't. I'm not marketing Guru but isn't that a possible sign that somethings popular?

Give me strength :shutup:

Dya know, I've been in the shop a few times for one of those car stickies.... Surely they must be popular?

Also a friend went in for something for her son a few weeks ago....they'd sold old. 'When are you having more in'....answer 'we aren't. I'm not marketing Guru but isn't that a possible sign that somethings popular?

Give me strength :shutup:

You need more than strength with this lot! The last time I had one of the car/strip thingys was 08/09.

One other thing.... Well two actually.

1) a good website.

2) vale merchandise sold in jib, sd, jd sports etc.

Just spent the night reading threads there are a lot of fed up fans out there.

We must all stick together for the last few games give the lads full support protest after the games if you are B&G, maybe ignore posts that wind you up.

REMEMBER ONE THING WE ALL SUPPORT THE SAME CLUB

It would be quite nice if the club actually kept a database of some sort to track fans. Names, contact details, seating preferences, shop purchases, suggestions, age & race etc.. To be able to effectively target fans properly to make advertising, marketing and the match day experience efficient and successful.

Might have saved/earned a couple of hundred grand if introduced when V2001 took over. Just a thought like.

If I was Mo I'd sack ****ing everyone and start afresh.

New systems, structure and infrastructure, means of communication and effective marketing and advertising tools.....God could you imagine?

The first thing I'd do would be to buy the Chairman a computer.:yes:

===

What I'd do:

Terminate contract with the generic football league website host we have

Purchase server hosting and transfer the domain to new hosts

Employ design agency to design and create new, fresh Vale website

Kit out VP with computers in every appropriate room

Connect said computers on dedicated internal network

Employ IT firm to design and create fan database, as well as to code and script resources and tools, e.g an inter-office communication system where all staff can talk and share resources, or concession stand staff can ask to order more product, or the club shop can keep stock properly and can ask to order more product. Club shop and concession stands will be able to see most popular products and by looking at the demographic data collected target customers effectively to bring in most revenue possible.

Professionalism at VP....could you imagine?

FAO Mr Deakin - you can shove your 'text a manager' up your ****.

That would be hard to do with a rusty biscuit tin,an abacus,a few paper cups and a few length's of string.The club could not afford the sticky tape either.But you would get a real nice blue peter badge you could pretend that was an MBE as well.

I'm no Alan Sugar, but I don't feel any of these incompetent idiots would get anywhere on the apprentice. They would all be told 'Your fired'. There's is no imagination or thought into anything marketing. Catering. Financial. Sales. The list goes on. Right, season tickets- no marketing campaign to sell them just a threat that we all have to the end of april for the early bird price. This is not incentive and if they were thinking ahead this should have been done in October- when results were going for the team. On the same token vale have increased their pay on the day prices thus deterring possibly 1000 extra fans a match which is 23,000 extra fans just for the league campaign alone. No promotional offers in the club shop to entice fans into buying products. The club shop is hidden from the general public and vale have not taken the initiative to expand into a sports shop that burslem has never had. What I mean by ths is something like the sports warehouse or sports factory ect. This could be a way of enticing new potential.supporters of the club. There could be offers of tickets to matches for those that buy'general merchandise. This would entice potential new support to the club. Catering-sick to death of buying a burger with nothing on it and a pie that crumbles in your hand. Why not approach franchises such as subway or McDonald's to provide matchday food?? They would be responsible for their own standards and health and safety ect. We are in 2011 can we have some decent grub please. Matchday prices need to come down in price. Say to fifteen quid pay on the dsy and then the club could recoup the rest through successful franchise partnerships example percentage of food sales ect. Its not rocketscience. We are where we are.

My wish list in order of importance:

1. The board jog on.

2. The man who always sits in my seat then moves when I come like it hasn't happened before recognises recurring social patterns.

3. Leaving the top on the coke bottles sold at Vale so I don't have to bring one from home, then screw it on to sustain it's fizz and prevent it's imminent trip to the floor when some ignorant person pushes past me.

4. A manager that is at least 25% as good as Micky Adams was.

5. Gannon is attacked by chimps at Chester Zoo as a metaphorical representation of his conduct at Vale Park.

6. Mo takes over and rejuvenates the hopes and dreams I have for my football club.

7. Someone finally explains to me how Channing Tatem continues to be employed in leading acting roles.

8. The recession ends.

9. The governing Conservative Party are replaced by a democratic structure which enables 'The High Order Of The Lizard Kings' to seize control for the greater good.

10. The Lorne Street gets finished.

I think I have my priorities in the right order ...

What would I want........ Just one thing really........ TRUST

I would like to trust the chairman to be able to take the club progressively into each new year

Trust the board collectively to approach the business with professionalism

Trust the marketing department to use every opportunity to develop and grow the business

Trust every department and every employee to do their best in their respective areas

Trust the manager to be at least sane and pick the best team in all circumstances

Trust the players to give 100% when they pull on the shirt

Trust that the fans could get back to watching the game instead of having to worry about decline and decay.

Imagine........ few jars before kick off..... celebrating goals during the match and a good team performance..... walking home happy.... wondering what the hell is going on at SOME OTHER CLUB who are having to protest at every game.... picking up the paper and reading vale sign new striker/midfielder/goalkeeper for 750K.... looking at the cup draw to see who we can beat to progress instead of hoping for a big name for a payday....

Archived