onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What do you want?

Lady_Vale

LV, do you actually expect the club to do something, anything, professionally?

I'm surprised Vale actually has enough about it to print and sell match tickets to be seriously honest.

Oh well. Who cares if the club has lost hundreds of thousands of pounds in revenue and in advertising and marketing opportunities, we are where we are and us morons should just be grateful to have a club.

That's how I feel at the moment. As a customer you want to be valued.

V2001 are depressing. Whenever you hear them it's doom and gloom, always looking for something or someone to blame. I want to hear someone vivacious telling me something exciting not moaning about Britannia, police costs, how we've only got £13,000 in the bank and how they rely on my money.

This is THEIR business to run and there is no forward thinking, no passion for the job in hand. Why in April have we not heard anything about the new kit yet when other clubs have?........because the kit company have a lot of orders, because of this, that and the other.......Because no-one has the drive, determination and commitment to ensure that its in the club shop on the last day of the season for everyone to at least see if if not available to buy :bomb:

The company I work for as with any other will be preparing their Christmas and New Year campaigns in Sep/Oct....you pre-empt and plan to ensure that when the time comes your customers have the product there for all to see, you MAKE them WANT your product. Why can't they achieve this? Why should we ever want to keep them in power?

Advert

I think we all want basically the same things :

Hope.

A club to be proud of.

A reason to get up with some anticipation on a Saturday.

Hope

A plan for the future with the ability, professionalism and cash to see it through.

Stability.

100% effort from ALL concerned, staff, management, the board of directors, fans and players on the pitch.

Smiling Faces.

Decent 'Facilities' for the 21st Century for ALL FANS, not the 18th Century 'squalor' some of us STILL have to endure.

Hope.

A club shop that is clearly visible for opposing fans to see and visit in safety.

Fans that support the club and do so peacefully and without hindrance to away fans, thus reducing our overburdening Police bill.

Clear and precise marketing strategies to bring in revenue.

and so on and so forth.

Oh, and HOPE.

I'm sorry, but a whole lot of things that could be improved, could be done so without the need to spend a fortune. Therefore i refuse to give the desperate six a heads up on how to at least appease some supporters. Get them out and I'll post a ****load of ideas for the new regime.

Whenever that will be ...

Why is there not a dead pool on here ?

With everything that's going on at the moment I sat last night and felt even more disgusted by the current regime.

The Starve them Out campaign we are led to believe is in full swing, yet despite having a season ticket for well over a decade I have received nothing through the post, via email, telephone encouraging me to purchase another. No exciting billboards of the players celebrating a goal dotted around Burslem, no leaflets on counters in town, no campaign at all that I know to (which if there is, it's failing to reach many people). I haven't even heard this plugged on the radio at any point.

Is it a case that, 'well they're on sale, so if you don't want us to go into admin buy one' - is that this years marketing stategy?

I find it so frustrating and really wish this club could get a lasting buzz going. Someone with passion and ambition to give the place a spark and an injection of life. Whether we like it or not we'll be competing with Stoke for the next generation of new football fans and we need to move out of the 90's and present Port Vale as more than a failing, potless poor neighbour of 'you know who'.

This led me to thinking 'what would people want from their club in the future?' What thing however small would get you that little bit more interested in general? What areas could the 'new Port Vale' focus on for your pleasure?

For eg One item that would be on my agenda would be a decent kit manufacturer. If Macc can have an Adidas kit then why the devil can't we? I'd love to be able to buy the top and maybe a good quality t-shirt - I am certain kit sales would increase tenfold and would make the assumed higher production cost worthwhile.

The club shop is in a time-warp, with overpriced shoddy merchandise. I'm pretty sure whoever decided to incorporate the shop into a stand that away fans and casual shoppers rarely see has cost the club thousands too but I guess that's another story......

Dear LV,

According to BB in his article in The Sentinel, there is a mystery buyer in the pipeline and so the board will have the investment they seek - so everything will be alright.

Things are looking up - in the words of BB.

Kind Regards

The point you raise about season tickets and no advertising campaign being done for them was covered last year.One of the directors said something like - "No need to advertise the sale of them,why waste money.Fan's will buy anyway"This in itself shows just what a bunch of ignorant,arrogant,incompetent,ambitionless,scrotes we have running the club.This can mean only one thing.What do we/i want.I want this lot out PDQ and their replacements to have drive,ambition,communicate with the shareholder's,fan's,truth not lie's.

So it was last years strategy too then - great :rolleyes:

Luckily they had Micky Adams really as I'm sure he was the selling point for most people - there has to be a carrot for people, even more so now with the City hosting a Premiership club.........and FA cup semi-finalists blah blah blah.

The point you raise about season tickets and no advertising campaign being done for them was covered last year.One of the directors said something like - "No need to advertise the sale of them,why waste money.Fan's will buy anyway"This in itself shows just what a bunch of ignorant,arrogant,incompetent,ambitionless,scrotes we have running the club.This can mean only one thing.What do we/i want.I want this lot out PDQ and their replacements to have drive,ambition,communicate with the shareholder's,fan's,truth not lie's.

Season tickets sell themselves to fans watching exciting winning football, with hopes of better times in the next season. Advertising will of course sell extra, sometimes 6500 or more in total. But we are not in that sort of season, maybe an early hand over to MC would create hope, once some flesh is put on his plans. We can only pray.

That's how I feel at the moment. As a customer you want to be valued.

V2001 are depressing. Whenever you hear them it's doom and gloom, always looking for something or someone to blame. I want to hear someone vivacious telling me something exciting not moaning about Britannia, police costs, how we've only got £13,000 in the bank and how they rely on my money.

This is THEIR business to run and there is no forward thinking, no passion for the job in hand. Why in April have we not heard anything about the new kit yet when other clubs have?........because the kit company have a lot of orders, because of this, that and the other.......Because no-one has the drive, determination and commitment to ensure that its in the club shop on the last day of the season for everyone to at least see if if not available to buy :bomb:

The company I work for as with any other will be preparing their Christmas and New Year campaigns in Sep/Oct....you pre-empt and plan to ensure that when the time comes your customers have the product there for all to see, you MAKE them WANT your product. Why can't they achieve this? Why should we ever want to keep them in power?

You know what really depresses me Lady,is the fact that as a fan and customer of the club that I have supported for over 50 years,no one on the board seems to care that I and many others are walking away.

I am walking away because of them,I am walking away because I no longer trust them with my money,I am walking away because they have no ambition and I am walking away because they have no plan to improve us.I have just taken early retirement and I don't want to waste my time waiting for the impossible from V2001.

Like I said,it's all about HOPE.:yes:

===

Dear LV,

According to BB in his article in The Sentinel, there is a mystery buyer in the pipeline and so the board will have the investment they seek - so everything will be alright.

Things are looking up - in the words of BB.

Kind Regards

They're fooling no-one.....

You know what really depresses me Lady,is the fact that as a fan and customer of the club that I have supported for over 50 years,no one on the board seems to care that I and many others are walking away.

I am walking away because of them,I am walking away because I no longer trust them with my money,I am walking away because they have no ambition and I am walking away because they have no plan to improve us.I have just taken early retirement and I don't want to waste my time waiting for the impossible from V2001.

Like I said,it's all about HOPE.:yes:

===

..........and if Admin comes-a-calling....you'll be blamed for that too. Great innit :rolleyes:

Fans should be cherished and no attempt has been made to keep them.

They're fooling no-one.....

Dear LV,

I am sure there is something going on behind the scenes.

BB's comments re the mystery bid sums it up really. BB stated the mystery buyer would match Mo's £1.2M cash injection - BUT of course Mo's bid is much more than that in terms of the investment earmarked over the 5 year plan. The £1.2M is merely the initial cash injection.

BB will have to ensure the mystery buyer matches like with like, and given his comment he appears to have yet again seriously under-estimated Mo's investment plan.

No doubt the mystery buyer will cease to be a mystery soon as there is an EGM due and any bid will have to be put to the shareholders - unless BB intends to just issue 24.9% of shares without telling anyone...but that is unlikely as that would not be in keeping with open, accountable and transparent management.

Mo will be responding to the BB article this week as he has a right of reply.

Kind Regards

... and the promised news on the Graham Mudie situation is????????????

Dear Melv,

No doubt an official statement will be forthcoming on an issue that is clearly important to many fans and shareholders given the publicity surrounding the GM situation - which is naturally to be expected of open, accountable and transparent management.

Kind Regards

Archived