Advert

Advert

What do you want?

Lady_Vale

Advert

I think we all want basically the same things :

Hope.

A club to be proud of.

A reason to get up with some anticipation on a Saturday.

Hope

A plan for the future with the ability, professionalism and cash to see it through.

Stability.

100% effort from ALL concerned, staff, management, the board of directors, fans and players on the pitch.

Smiling Faces.

Decent 'Facilities' for the 21st Century for ALL FANS, not the 18th Century 'squalor' some of us STILL have to endure.

Hope.

A club shop that is clearly visible for opposing fans to see and visit in safety.

Fans that support the club and do so peacefully and without hindrance to away fans, thus reducing our overburdening Police bill.

Clear and precise marketing strategies to bring in revenue.

and so on and so forth.

Oh, and HOPE.

Havent got time to read through the rest, I,m off for the day. But, Fred, HOPE is what virtually every football fan everywhere thrives on.

I remember after matches the club shop used to be absolutely jam packed.

I went to a couple of sporting events in America last year and what impressed me is the opportunities the organisation (whether it was NBA, Arena 'Football' or Baseball) gave you to give them money.

Every concourse had club merchandise on sale, from $5 trinkets to club jerseys and more. There were fund raisers and chances to win signed helmets. It really was a hive of activity.

At PV it feels as though the club just want you to turn up for the game, buy a burger, watch the game and clear off. It shouldn't be like that and it could be so much more.

If it was down to me I'd make Tommy's stock decent beer and I'd make it a contractual obligation for players to be in there after a match (like it is/was at Dag & Red).

I want PVFC to be successful on and off the field, but I think I also want us to stand out from the crowd and be innovative.

As BHF says though, I would swap all of that for hope.

Been thinking about this question.

Most of all I'd like a day to pass without another ridiculous story about Vale or an even more ridiculous statement from the board. today its players been arrested. A week or so ago it was Mudie and his "vote". A couple of years ago it was Harlequin investing (2-3 weeks in November 2009). It's been endless.

I understand most of the stories have been in aid of the B&G campaign and indeed prior to that in order to get rid of the board and getting some clarity on exactly what was going on. And I don't for one minute think this is bad given the current circumstances. But wouldn't it be nice not to have to read about something new every day.

I'd love to be able to say I support a club that kept to the straight and narrow. Pushed all finances into getting things right on the pitch by getting the marketing right and involving supporters and local (hell, even national and international businesses) in a profitable and positive way. You can't win all the time but do the right things and success happens.

Instead though, there's a chap hanging around with £5m burning a hole in his wallet yet isn't able to get a sensible answer from the club, no manager and a team with no direction, a board room full of questionable "business men" and supporters willing to boycott season tickets in the hope of bringing change.

It shouldn't be like this when the answer is right there in front of you.

Archived