onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bob young you joker

yorky valiant

Tone,

With their following it was very much the same attendees as the Torquay game. But I have to say their away following was pretty poor considering they have had two 11,200 home gates.

Goes to show just how many people these days just jump on and off bandwaggons. Its the same down Sjoke isn't it. How many of them would be there if it wasn't Premier League football.

That league 2 game today was probably more exciting to watch than most of the Premier League games next week and if what I hear Stokies say certainly more exciting than what's being served up at the Incinerator.

We have the capacity in this league to attract a regular 6,500 and if we did wouldn't it half make the club that more successful.

If we can pick up at least 2 points from the two away games perhaps we will finally get that 'breakthrough' attendance against Gillingham if they are still table toppers.

Advert

Yes it's the truth but why is it always on our heads! I go every game and can't possibly financially give anymore but we still get a club which is in limbo

It's aimed at those That don't go, and didnt yesterday. Missing 3000 from shrews and Crewe game. We should have broke 6k yesterday. Great weather, no excuses.

Nows the time if someone wants us.

Sitting pretty in the league, fans optimistic on the pitch, judging by reports we're playing the best football in years. Someone must be out there thinking they can get us relatively cheap, relatively stable, and with very little backing we can push on and do something this season. Be it a few loanees and signing up a striker in Jan if needs be.

Tone,

With their following it was very much the same attendees as the Torquay game. But I have to say their away following was pretty poor considering they have had two 11,200 home gates.

Goes to show just how many people these days just jump on and off bandwaggons. Its the same down Sjoke isn't it. How many of them would be there if it wasn't Premier League football.

That league 2 game today was probably more exciting to watch than most of the Premier League games next week and if what I hear Stokies say certainly more exciting than what's being served up at the Incinerator.

We have the capacity in this league to attract a regular 6,500 and if we did wouldn't it half make the club that more successful.

If we can pick up at least 2 points from the two away games perhaps we will finally get that 'breakthrough' attendance against Gillingham if they are still table toppers.

Thing is, i'd say Rovrums two 11k gates have been massaged by circumstance: first home game in their new stadium, and a local derby against Bradford. I bet over the other 21 home games they'll average no more than 6-7k.

Rovrum are nowhere near a bigger club than us, but are getting bigger gates because their fans are being enticed in by optimism. Hopefully, with a few more results like yesterday ours will too.

Was today the real crowd or the "real" crowd? All I know is that the vibe walking to the ground was ace and the fans were up for it. If so called Vale fans who can attend but just dont, carry on doing so, then **** off.

Sorry but that sort of attitude will not entice fans back and will do more harm than good. Performances like yesterdays are the best remedy . Heres to many more. We have a squad/team now that means we have to attck more and so there may be a few disappointments along the way, when we get caught out, but I would take the odd defeat if it means we can turn some draws into wins. and we may have laid the hoodoo about beating the better teams.

Read the whole article.

Now unless the DeLorian has had its flux capacitor fixed, I think you'll find that the Sentinel have ballsed up by republishing a story from 6 weeks ago.

Quite correct and not for the first time, that Sentinel website is a joke. We get Crewe and Stoke stories on the Vale page as well as non-league and then there's the enlightening Kevin Raftery, need I say more.

Hang on are people forgetting that this is our 3rd home game in a week???? I have been all 3 because I am lucky enough to be able to do that and its cost me £60 with refreshments. That's a lot of money and in financialy challenging times its hard to justify that cost on a budget

We are heading in the right direction,we seem to have increased our home support by 200-300 since the Barnet game and the only reason is because of the results.Unfortunately,we can't expect much help this season from the away support and I'm afraid it won't get much better than yesterday in the Hamil End.

It's aimed at those That don't go, and didnt yesterday. Missing 3000 from shrews and Crewe game. We should have broke 6k yesterday. Great weather, no excuses.

The only excuse i have is that i was working but being a season tickek holder i hope that counts for something.

All this talk of attendances is annoying.

How anyone can be disapointed at 3000 st holders, gates of 4500+ with tinpot away followings, and bearing in mind we are in the fourth tier with 20 quid a pop prices, is beyond me.

Historically our crowds having been much higher and apart from a cheap st offer it hasnt been higher for the past decade! I put the average attendances of the last decade on another thread and never got challenged. I dont see how many more "Vale fans" there are UNTIL, like any club, we start winning football matches against fashionable sides regularly.

A great turnout yesterday for the fourth division and the **** we have put up with. Credit to those who were there.

Archived