onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans don't deserve this!

yorky valiant

Like everyone I'm sick of the bad news day after day after day after day at vale! We as fans don't deserve this, we plough money into club go every game to support them and some edited by admin take over the club edited by admin it up then blame us supporters for being negative and then rely on us for more revenue! At the moment the happens could be a story line on any soap! Honesty from a club is the key to any football fan and we don't have any unfortunately! The players don't deserve it and the fans don't! I hope when my kids grow up They support vale more than anything but if this carries on in there time I hope they don't! Rant over I feel better now

Advert

The last 3/4 years have been the worst ever and I've been going a long time and have seen some right **** along the way.

Just when we think things may improve they get worse with each day... :unsure:

No they haven't, we went in to last season with a good team very much capable of promotion, yet started with a mass protest through Burslem. Talk about a way to set the tone. You also forget the previous season we were top of the league for half the season with fantastic results, particularly away from home. We were all proud to be Vale fans again. A huge, huge turning point was Adams being poached by Sheff United, his boyhood club. How short are your memories?

Fans grew concerned that V2001 and its sustained losses coupled with increased borrowings were heading for oblivion, sadly V2001 failed to see what was obvious, make any correct actions to rectify the obvious problems then took us into admin.

No they haven't' date=' we went in to last season with a good team very much capable of promotion, yet started with a mass protest through Burslem. Talk about a way to set the tone. You also forget the previous season we were top of the league for half the season with fantastic results, particularly away from home. We were all proud to be Vale fans again. A huge, huge turning point was Adams being poached by Sheff United, his boyhood club. How short are your memories?[/quote']

IF MA had of stayed first time around the club would still have been in the **** with the cretins

who ran the club

No they haven't' date=' we went in to last season with a good team very much capable of promotion, yet started with a mass protest through Burslem. Talk about a way to set the tone. You also forget the previous season we were top of the league for half the season with fantastic results, particularly away from home. We were all proud to be Vale fans again. A huge, huge turning point was Adams being poached by Sheff United, his boyhood club. How short are your memories?[/quote']

Talk about burying your head in the sand.

I was more referring to the club in general not short periods on the pitch. However we were never good enough last season to gain promotion, my memory doesn't recall us being top of the league for half a season either. Adams leaving did set us back I'll agree on that one and bringing in mad Jim was a massive mistake that should have been avoided.

All in all though the bigger picture Is that the last few years have been horrendous both on and especially off the field! The protests were well justified, IMO.

Flipping 'eck, I would have thought that with your avatar image you would have had some perspective.

Over my 30-odd years as a Vale fan, starting in 1980, I was privileged enough to John McGrath's 1983 promotion side followed by 16 years of John Rudge's management skills. Then, despite the sorrow of losing a great manager, we had a final at the Millennium under Brian Horton.

So, forgive me, if a few flash in the pan runs of good form in the lowest league division somewhat pale into insignificance as a result.

So, to quote yourself back - "how short are your memories?"

The sad thing is that the more and more you talk to Vale fans during last 10 days, it's clear people are genuinely losing interest and are willing to walk away for good.

Even if this season does somehow get underway for Vale, with the attitudes of disgruntled players surely affecting results we haven't got a chance of achieving the 5000 gates needed to survive.

It really does look bleak for us Vale fans.

Archived