onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans don't deserve this!

yorky valiant

Two Championship Carling Cup scalps' date=' top of the league for half a season, a strong previous season, I merely listed a couple of high points, and I think the wins at Crewe, Shrewsbiry and Bury were some of the best performances. I really still await a reasonable objection rather than the usual boring, preictable responses which really show just how limited some people's brains are. I also really struggle to see what you can take huge objection to.[/quote']

That Sheffield Wednesday game was brilliant and I thought we'd turned the corner that night, we were never top of the league for half a season, yes we had a few good results and performances but we are on about the bigger picture over the last 4/5 seasons, you need to turn off your 14" portable and get yourself a big plasma you'll soon see the difference!:)

Advert

Ive never been one of these people that keeps banging on about Robbie Williams throwing money at Vale, Its his money at the end of the day and football is a bottomless pit and I know he helped us massively in the past with the buying of shares and then handing those shares over to the supporters club, But surely now (If he genuinely cares about the club still) is the time to buy the Vale ... The club is on its ****ing knees.

RFC - Are you a shareholder in V2001?

If so you will have received annual accounts showing a valuation on the ground that was based on there being no football stadium there and that it was A1 for housing to be built.

Clearly this valuation was a false valuation simply designed to cover the ever increasing debt.

The V2001 Board at that time had had plenty of opportunity to reverse the financial losses, or find a buyer for the club.

They failed on both counts so quite simply the club was sinking ever deeper towards Administration. Recent events (last 12 months) have simply ensured that Administration came sooner rather than later.

We are now struggling to find a buyer for the club - but the pivotal moment was not our going into Administration under MOLD it was Bratt & Co's failure to accept the will of the majority and resign after the EGM results.

At that point we had a potential new owner, who had published a business plan, and who was capable of re-invigorating the club and its supporters so that we would now be eagerly anticipating the new season perhaps even celebrating that it was us not Crewe who won promotion in May.

I believe Micky's leaving for Sheffiled United was the turning point as I said and events which followed I do conclude as V2001 contributing to theirs and Port Vale's own downfall. I do however put this down to a twaisted logic of Port Vale's best interests and total mis-judgement in the Blue Sky deal and all that came with it - Deakin, Miller etc. They didn't run Vale as a profitable business but if you follow the timeline of events I can sympathise with them prior to last year's debacle. They did attempt to put a promotion winning squad together under Martin Foyle in 2006 (give or take a year?), and previous to this we had been a solid League 1 team with good players like Sodje and Constantine. However, Foyle's total misuse of his budget brought about a terrible season with a high wage bill and we went on to get relegated and surely made big losses for the season eating in to the council loan. Ultimately the board are responsible for this, but in football you can never guarantee success on the pitch and a club running on the fine lines Vale does will be hit financially by this. Then the disastrous appointment of Glover and Sinnot, which in my mind were cheap options to save money, cost them more because of just how bad we were and so attendences fell further. Learning their mistake they employed Adams, and things improved until he went to Sheffield United, Chaudry bid, etc etc, see previous posts.

V2001 did ultimately fail, I'd like to refer back to this point, if there was a better alternative, where are they now? If this alternative was Chaudry, well his recent comments don't inspire me with much confidence that he'd have come through with his takeover. I just hope all this comes to a positive conclusion but I have braced myself for liquidation if I'm honest, the scenario's been on the wall for a while and we're merely on a life support machine. In short, I'd take Port Vale post the Blue Sky saga and the horrendous last year over oblvion any day, even with V2001 in charge.

Well obviously not, That was the whole point of my post ********

Can you give me a clue as to what "********" was?

Just curious

I don't see him not saving Vale as proving that he does not care; might just have more important things in his life, things of a higher priority at this point

I believe Micky's leaving for Sheffiled United was the turning point as I said and events which followed I do conclude as V2001 contributing to theirs and Port Vale's own downfall. I do however put this down to a twaisted logic of Port Vale's best interests and total mis-judgement in the Blue Sky deal and all that came with it - Deakin, Miller etc. They didn't run Vale as a profitable business but if you follow the timeline of events I can sympathise with them prior to last year's debacle. They did attempt to put a promotion winning squad together under Martin Foyle in 2006 (give or take a year?), and previous to this we had been a solid League 1 team with good players like Sodje and Constantine. However, Foyle's total misuse of his budget brought about a terrible season with a high wage bill and we went on to get relegated and surely made big losses for the season eating in to the council loan. Ultimately the board are responsible for this, but in football you can never guarantee success on the pitch and a club running on the fine lines Vale does will be hit financially by this. Then the disastrous appointment of Glover and Sinnot, which in my mind were cheap options to save money, cost them more because of just how bad we were and so attendences fell further. Learning their mistake they employed Adams, and things improved until he went to Sheffield United, Chaudry bid, etc etc, see previous posts.

V2001 did ultimately fail, I'd like to refer back to this point, if there was a better alternative, where are they now? If this alternative was Chaudry, well his recent comments don't inspire me with much confidence that he'd have come through with his takeover. I just hope all this comes to a positive conclusion but I have braced myself for liquidation if I'm honest, the scenario's been on the wall for a while and we're merely on a life support machine. In short, I'd take Port Vale prior to the Blue Sky saga and the horrendous last year over oblvion any day, even with V2001 in charge.

I don't know how much RW cares about the Vale but I suspect his advisers would have advised him to keep well away.

There is obviously no sense or financial gain from buying a football club, Tosh... But Im pretty sure if me or you had RWs money or won the euromillions Friday the first phone call we'd make would make would be to Bob Young. (My lady would be about 12th on my list)

RFL, when V2001 took over what was our total debt, when we went into admin what was it ? and why ?

If we want to discuss purely football, when V2001 what league were we in, where are we now ?

You have summed everything up in two lines. The facts are that after V2001's reign we had more debt than before and off the pitch we are at our lowest ebb.

How anyone can attempt to defend them I'll never know - the proof they were a huge failure is in black and white! RFC - Have a look at the league tables and our accounts for the past 10 years.

I haven't tried to defend them, but I'd have had them in charge over the current scenario. Where are these investors V2001 kept away? Were they all really fly by nights like Ryder?

If people didn't march through Burslem and organise a Strave 'Em Out campaign would Micky have taken us in to League 1 last season? Probably.

There is obviously no sense or financial gain from buying a football club, Tosh... But Im pretty sure if me or you had RWs money or won the euromillions Friday the first phone call we'd make would make would be to Bob Young. (My lady would be about 12th on my list)

Well if it does go down to the wire, we'll see how much of a Vale fan Mr Williams is? If i had £100million in the bank would i let my club die?

I haven't tried to defend them, but I'd have had them in charge over the current scenario. Where are these investors V2001 kept away? Were they all really fly by nights like Ryder?

If people didn't march through Burslem and organise a Strave 'Em Out campaign would Micky have taken us in to League 1 last season? Probably.

:doh::doh::doh:

This question is aimed at the more mature Vale fans -

Is this current scenario the worst the club has ever faced?

I've only followed the club since the mid 80s so I'm not sure how this stacks up against other dark moments in our history.

One of the only scenarios I can remember was when we had to re apply for election to the old Div 4 because of financial irregularities by Sir Stanley Matthews as the manager. However, in those days a bit of canvassing amongst the other 91 clubs, meant we were virtually assured of re election. Nothing like this sheeite nowadays but a bit dark at the time.

When all the protests were called off to give the Blue Sky malarky a chance we lost 0-4 at home to the mighty Morecambe, so I wouldn't be so sure!

Archived