onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans don't deserve this!

yorky valiant

Advert

I haven't tried to defend them, but I'd have had them in charge over the current scenario. Where are these investors V2001 kept away? Were they all really fly by nights like Ryder?

If people didn't march through Burslem and organise a Strave 'Em Out campaign would Micky have taken us in to League 1 last season? Probably.

there were 5 bids for the club, this is a fact, appears there were 5 interested parties + Newton...........these are all facts

We weren't world beaters last season Tosh but over the course of a season we were a top 7 side, and without points deductions weren't far behind anyway, and when you take admin out of the equation and in put the January signings, we'd have beaten Crewe to the playoffs, who then went on to win them. All hindsight of course, but I don't think the huge spanner in the works thrown by protests and Starve 'Em Out is justified when you look now at the amount of investment actually on the table.

I'm not saying I told you so, but sometimes the grass isn't always greener in life, in fact it rarely is.

Where are they? The difference is' date=' if they came in with "serious" offers now, the club would actually be theirs. Knowing this, they've all dissappeared. Fly by nights.[/quote']

really ? have they ?

lets see what develops in the next 48 hours

There is obviously no sense or financial gain from buying a football club, Tosh... But Im pretty sure if me or you had RWs money or won the euromillions Friday the first phone call we'd make would make would be to Bob Young. (My lady would be about 12th on my list)

If it was me then I'd do what was required to save and stabilise the club, I wouldn't however throw any money on the paying side, the club must learn how to be self sufficient. The problem Robbie would have is that once he got involved fans would just keep expecting him to keep giving and giving, ten million would never be enough which is why Elton soon realised and got out of Watford.

There was a joint offer for the club from two local millionaires RFC, Bratt refused to even acknowledge them, even though he was supposed to be representing the shareholders, Even when he knew we were heading for administration without investment and the board had a vote of no confidence, Inexcusable.

Flipping 'eck, I would have thought that with your avatar image you would have had some perspective.

Over my 30-odd years as a Vale fan, starting in 1980, I was privileged enough to John McGrath's 1983 promotion side followed by 16 years of John Rudge's management skills. Then, despite the sorrow of losing a great manager, we had a final at the Millennium under Brian Horton.

So, forgive me, if a few flash in the pan runs of good form in the lowest league division somewhat pale into insignificance as a result.

So, to quote yourself back - "how short are your memories?"

If you notice, he has a picture of Sir John Rudge in a stoke coat. Maybe he is a stokie on a wind up.

There was a joint offer for the club from two local millionaires RFC, Bratt refused to even acknowledge them, even though he was supposed to be representing the shareholders, Even when he knew we were heading for administration without investment and the board had a vote of no confidence, Inexcusable.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'd be absolutely delighted if we had a successful takeover in the next 48 hours. However' date=' I enviseage admin, a struggle to get 5000 in, fans still blaming MOLD, until we get liquidated.[/quote']

i said lets see what develops

you maintained there were no interested parties, or if they were they were fly by nights, this is not the facts of the situation

the facts are simple by bad financial management we entered admin, young then chose the wrong bidder......

We weren't world beaters last season Tosh but over the course of a season we were a top 7 side, and without points deductions weren't far behind anyway, and when you take admin out of the equation and in put the January signings, we'd have beaten Crewe to the playoffs, who then went on to win them. All hindsight of course, but I don't think the huge spanner in the works thrown by protests and Starve 'Em Out is justified when you look now at the amount of investment actually on the table.

I'm not saying I told you so, but sometimes the grass isn't always greener in life, in fact it rarely is.

IF this IF that, every season you come up with excuses.

The column on the far right of the league table doesn't lie we've not been good enough for promotion since 1994. Nothing to do with small scale protests from a few fans. But because the players haven't been good enough.

:doh:

I think if we were relegated to non-league and as long as Micky Adams had us near the top of the table for a couple of months of one season you'd proclaim it to be a fantastic era in the history of Port Vale. You have ridiculously low expectations in life.

If you want to play wind ups I can do it all day. However' date=' I'd be interested to see which parts of my posts you disagree with and if you can break them down for me and offer your substantiated objections I'd be more than obliged to discuss.[/quote']

We know!!!

Archived