onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans don't deserve this!

yorky valiant

I am 66 next month, and have supported Vale since I was 7, that's 58, 59 years. We have had highs and lows, peaks and troughs, but never I suggest as low as this at the present. I fear now that it could all be over for the Vale quite soon. I pray not, but am not optimistic. I can't trust any of the bodies involved in this saga of supposedly getting us out of admin. God we are in the brown stuff.

Advert

IF this IF that, every season you come up with excuses.

The column on the far right of the league table doesn't lie we've not been good enough for promotion since 1994. Nothing to do with small scale protests from a few fans. But because the players haven't been good enough.

:doh:

I think if we were relegated to non-league and as long as Micky Adams had us near the top of the table for a couple of months of one season you'd proclaim it to be a fantastic era in the history of Port Vale. You have ridiculously low expectations in life.

Again hugely misquoted and taken from the point of view I was heralding the time as a high point in Vale's history rather than not the lowest. Please read the post and it's context before you decide to reply.

RFC

its understandable that you are looking at 'a moment in time' where Vale are concerned at present and until something positive regarding a quality buyer comes along we are all concerned.

However, despite our quoting the financial facts that were prevalent PRIOR to SEO and B&G you continue to veer towards blaming SEO etc. SEO, B&G, were reactive organisations in that they were reacting to the abysmal management of the club by V2001. They then positively campaigned for change. Due to the intransigence of V2001 sitting in their Ivory Tower the ONLY positive way of obtaining change was by conflict.

Please don't hammer the fans for the subsequent situation where we were placed into an 'engineered' administration to facilitate a new buyer not having to take on the debts (particularly council loan repayment) - this was the choice of MOLD to avoid the imminent EGM that would have seen their removal.

Perhaps at the end of the day Choudry's offer to the Administrator was more realistic but potentially more chance of success than the 1.3 Million offered by Keith Ryder?

Time will tell, but unfortunately we need some positive news quickly.

I believe Micky's leaving for Sheffiled United was the turning point as I said and events which followed I do conclude as V2001 contributing to theirs and Port Vale's own downfall. I do however put this down to a twaisted logic of Port Vale's best interests and total mis-judgement in the Blue Sky deal and all that came with it - Deakin, Miller etc. They didn't run Vale as a profitable business but if you follow the timeline of events I can sympathise with them prior to last year's debacle. They did attempt to put a promotion winning squad together under Martin Foyle in 2006 (give or take a year?), and previous to this we had been a solid League 1 team with good players like Sodje and Constantine. However, Foyle's total misuse of his budget brought about a terrible season with a high wage bill and we went on to get relegated and surely made big losses for the season eating in to the council loan. Ultimately the board are responsible for this, but in football you can never guarantee success on the pitch and a club running on the fine lines Vale does will be hit financially by this. Then the disastrous appointment of Glover and Sinnot, which in my mind were cheap options to save money, cost them more because of just how bad we were and so attendences fell further. Learning their mistake they employed Adams, and things improved until he went to Sheffield United, Chaudry bid, etc etc, see previous posts.

V2001 did ultimately fail, I'd like to refer back to this point, if there was a better alternative, where are they now? If this alternative was Chaudry, well his recent comments don't inspire me with much confidence that he'd have come through with his takeover. I just hope all this comes to a positive conclusion but I have braced myself for liquidation if I'm honest, the scenario's been on the wall for a while and we're merely on a life support machine. In short, I'd take Port Vale post the Blue Sky saga and the horrendous last year over oblvion any day, even with V2001 in charge.

But we would still end up in oblivion, since they would still be clueless and resist investment. At least with change we have a small chance of survival.

RFC

its understandable that you are looking at 'a moment in time' where Vale are concerned at present and until something positive regarding a quality buyer comes along we are all concerned.

However, despite our quoting the financial facts that were prevalent PRIOR to SEO and B&G you continue to veer towards blaming SEO etc. SEO, B&G, were reactive organisations in that they were reacting to the abysmal management of the club by V2001. They then positively campaigned for change. Due to the intransigence of V2001 sitting in their Ivory Tower the ONLY positive way of obtaining change was by conflict.

Please don't hammer the fans for the subsequent situation where we were placed into an 'engineered' administration to facilitate a new buyer not having to take on the debts (particularly council loan repayment) - this was the choice of MOLD to avoid the imminent EGM that would have seen their removal.

Perhaps at the end of the day Choudry's offer to the Administrator was more realistic but potentially more chance of success than the 1.3 Million offered by Keith Ryder?

Very well put Dave.

Having had many friends (yes I do have some) who supported Wimbledon with the most unbelievable dedication and seen them lose their club (different but similar) and seen it resurrected as AFC WImbledon I saw the pain and distress that they went thru. They like us deserved none of it. Some were actively involved in starting AFC Wimbledon and none I knew went on to support MK Dons

The fans remain the strength of a club...everyone elswe is just passing thru

I've no idea if PVFC will survive as is but if the opportunity does come up to resurrect the Vale name in some way should it come to it, I hope and believe that there are enough with the passion and ability and knowledge to make it happen

I can't imagine following another footie club (in fact I won't) and whilst AFC Vale or whatever won't be the same, it can be as good..seen it with AFC Wimbledon

Although there are exceptions, why do football clubs attract such dubious buyers/characters when put up for sale, is it just football clubs or companies/businesses in general whatever their industry.

I support the desire of making money, the notion of having to be ruthless at times, confidentiality etc but the goings on at VP over the last year and before have just been so bad to be not believable. Its no wonder the country and the economy is in such bad shape.

Although there are exceptions, why do football clubs attract such dubious buyers/characters when put up for sale, is it just football clubs or companies/businesses in general whatever their industry.

I support the desire of making money, the notion of having to be ruthless at times, confidentiality etc but the goings on at VP over the last year and before have just been so bad to be not believable. Its no wonder the country and the economy is in such bad shape.

Would it be wrong to suggest lots of dirty money passes through football clubs?

:clap:

RFC

:clap:

Archived