onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans don't deserve this!

yorky valiant

I'm telling it as it is, 2 years ago they only matter of huge financial concern was the council loan, and ultimately that was the only debt of any real concern even when V2001 left. The mis-paid tax bill reflected the current state of affairs with lower attendences etc but you can't tell me 2 years ago that that period can be counted in the worst period in our history. In my mind I didn't have an issue with the old board until the circumstances which grew from the lack of confidence of Micky leaving and turning away other investors. This being the inexplicable appointment of Deakin, Miller and the BlueSky saga which followed. I still don't believe that there was any criminality on the part of Bratt, Oliver etc but it was a major error of judgement, showing their unprofessionalism and inexperience. I think they were desperate and chased this promise of a 5m investment. It eventually costs them any shred of support they had left from the fans and cemented their downfall, and deservedly so because Peter ****ing Miller should never have got near Vale Park. Without Micky initially leaving, I believe we could have been in League 1, maybe financial problems were always going to surface as V2001 never had a 'pot to **** in' but we weren't far off being sustainable, at that point.

Advert

Keith Ryder = Michael Knighton ???

Just need him to don a kit and start juggling a ball...........!!!

Is he actually a Walter Mitty character who just fancies the idea of owning a football club.............???

Reality check - we are now 5 days away from the Cup Tie with Burnley.....5 !!!!

Flipping 'eck, I would have thought that with your avatar image you would have had some perspective.

Over my 30-odd years as a Vale fan, starting in 1980, I was privileged enough to John McGrath's 1983 promotion side followed by 16 years of John Rudge's management skills. Then, despite the sorrow of losing a great manager, we had a final at the Millennium under Brian Horton.

So, forgive me, if a few flash in the pan runs of good form in the lowest league division somewhat pale into insignificance as a result.

So, to quote yourself back - "how short are your memories?"

I read the comments on here at the time Rob, everybody was loving it. My memory too stretches back deep in to the Rudge era, but 2 years ago we broke records for clean sheets, games unbeaten. We were winning regularly away to the top clubs in the division. Yes it was only League 2 and in the grand scheme of Port Vale we'll never really remember these times but, when you think in the years before just how dreadful we were, when we were relegated from League 1, Sinnot, Glover, these were good times of 8000 fans at home to Shrewsbury, and massive away followings getting big results away at Shresbury, Crewe, Bury, the likes. I never said these were the best times in our history, but to include them int he worst was what I objected to.

I read the comments on here at the time Rob' date=' everybody was loving it. My memory too stretches back deep in to the Rudge era, but 2 years ago we broke records for clean sheets, games unbeaten. We were winning regularly away to the top clubs in the division. Yes it was only League 2 and in the grand scheme of Port Vale we'll never really remember these times but, when you think in the years before just how dreadful we were, when we were relegated from League 1, Sinnot, Glover, these were good times of 8000 fans at home to Shrewsbury, and massive away followings getting big results away at Shresbury, Crewe, Bury, the likes. I never said these were the best times in our history, but to include them int he worst was what I objected to.[/quote']

It also depends on whether you are separating events on the pitch from events off them. I would argue that you can't simply take performances off the pitch (which in the history books didn't actually result in anything tangible - i.e. no promotion) without taking account of the turmoil off them. Taking on and off pitch as one and the same, these years have been some of the more traumatic in the club's history.

That said - I think your post above #16 is a reasonably fair point. I don't agree with all of it by all means (Bratt appointed Deakin after all) but I'm interested that you apportion a lot of the blame to Bratt/Oliver's inexperience and to MOLD coming in.

The big question however is what did RFC have for breakfast? Cornflakes sprinkled with some kind of hallucinogenic drug maybe?

If you want to play wind ups I can do it all day. However, I'd be interested to see which parts of my posts you disagree with and if you can break them down for me and offer your substantiated objections I'd be more than obliged to discuss.

If you want to play wind ups I can do it all day. However' date=' I'd be interested to see which parts of my posts you disagree with and if you can break them down for me and offer your substantiated objections I'd be more than obliged to discuss.[/quote']

Ok, lets debate

Here is a starter

How much did we loan from the council, how much was used on "projects" and how much was held in reserve for a rainy day..........this is the starting point for the issues

Sinnott, Glover, Chasetown, protests, Gannon, busgate, MOLD, Admin... I could go on but hey no lets remember that very brief purple patch when we beat Crewe and Bury!!

Two Championship Carling Cup scalps, top of the league for half a season, a strong previous season, I merely listed a couple of high points, and I think the wins at Crewe, Shrewsbiry and Bury were some of the best performances. I really still await a reasonable objection rather than the usual boring, preictable responses which really show just how limited some people's brains are. I also really struggle to see what you can take huge objection to.

Ok, lets debate

Here is a starter

How much did we loan from the council, how much was used on "projects" and how much was held in reserve for a rainy day..........this is the starting point for the issues

The council loan had admittedly been used to cover everyday costs, hence running out with nothing to show for it. Like I said V2001 didn't have a 'pot to **** in', and if you'd read my post I referenced the council loan as a major debt attributeable to V2001 so I don't understand why you are now throwing this at me. Do you think I'm defending them? I'm not. I simply put things in to perspective.

The council loan had admittedly been used to cover everyday costs' date=' hence running out with nothing to show for it. Like I said V2001 didn't have a 'pot to **** in', and if you'd read my post I referenced the council loan as a major debt attributeable to V2001 so I don't understand why you are now throwing this at me. Do you think I'm defending them? I'm not. I simply put things in to perspective.[/quote']

excllent so in summary

v2001 led us to where we are off the field, and into the basement division, thats all the prespective I think we need

RFC - Are you a shareholder in V2001?

If so you will have received annual accounts showing a valuation on the ground that was based on there being no football stadium there and that it was A1 for housing to be built.

Clearly this valuation was a false valuation simply designed to cover the ever increasing debt.

The V2001 Board at that time had had plenty of opportunity to reverse the financial losses, or find a buyer for the club.

They failed on both counts so quite simply the club was sinking ever deeper towards Administration. Recent events (last 12 months) have simply ensured that Administration came sooner rather than later.

We are now struggling to find a buyer for the club - but the pivotal moment was not our going into Administration under MOLD it was Bratt & Co's failure to accept the will of the majority and resign after the EGM results.

At that point we had a potential new owner, who had published a business plan, and who was capable of re-invigorating the club and its supporters so that we would now be eagerly anticipating the new season perhaps even celebrating that it was us not Crewe who won promotion in May.

Archived