onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

1 hour ago, rider1308 said:

All the happy clappers who are going tomorrow, question is why !!!! Unless you’re going there to protest vociferously at the abject failure of the club management and the pathetic excuse of a football team !!!! 

Why would you not come, if you are a Vale fan?

As I've already explained, I'm not coming tomorrow thanks to Avanti, but I would have come, because I have supported the Vale since 1957, and not just when they win. I've seen far worse Vale teams than this one, but in any case the club stands for more than this year's players. If you want a team that wins all the time thanks to their financial clout go and watch Man City.

Remember that we were briefly top of the league in September and Ojo was controlling the whole game week after week. I think what happened was that teams figured out that we were playing out from the back and started pressurising our back players, and we never developed a plan B. There's no doubt that we needed more goals, and I have no idea why no strikers materialised in the transfer windows. On the other hand we have a large group of home grown young players who are likely to get even better next season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Advert

2 hours ago, rider1308 said:

All the happy clappers who are going tomorrow, question is why !!!! Unless you’re going there to protest vociferously at the abject failure of the club management and the pathetic excuse of a football team !!!! 

What a plonker 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, prof said:

As I've already explained, I'm not coming tomorrow thanks to Avanti, but I would have come, because I have supported the Vale since 1957, and not just when they win. I've seen far worse Vale teams than this one, but in any case the club stands for more than this year's players. If you want a team that wins all the time thanks to their financial clout go and watch Man City.

Remember that we were briefly top of the league in September and Ojo was controlling the whole game week after week. I think what happened was that teams figured out that we were playing out from the back and started pressurising our back players, and we never developed a plan B. There's no doubt that we needed more goals, and I have no idea why no strikers materialised in the transfer windows. On the other hand we have a large group of home grown young players who are likely to get even better next season.

No strikers materialised because the DOF and owner sat on their hands focusing on souping up the prawn cocktail part of the club!! 

No thought went into long term team planning contrary to the BS spouted by Flitcroft. 

2 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

No strikers materialised because the DOF and owner sat on their hands focusing on souping up the prawn cocktail part of the club!! 

No thought went into long term team planning contrary to the BS spouted by Flitcroft. 

You going today then mate 👍👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Yes it’s been a 💩season and I don’t blame anyone for giving today’s game a miss but asking why we are going is a bit much , we all know the answer it’s because we are all Vale aren’t we? VTID 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, prof said:

I’ve never seen a Vale side as bad as this in so many different ways.  This current side , with a few exceptions, is lazy, spineless and has no passion whatsoever. Many of them are just getting a pay check for faffing about for 90 mins.  Teams in the past knew how to pass a ball at least, and had a bit of fight about them. I’m glad the season will be over today , but I’m not exactly looking forward to the new one, with the way the club is being run. Time will tell, I suppose. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, prof said:

Guess I’m not a vale fan then. Got much better things to do than support this shower of <ovf censored> who couldn’t care less

It’s completely irrelevant that we were top. We are 2nd bottom and have been relegated that’s the only stat that matters, not that we got a few lucky results early in the season like Oxford away where we beat 9 men with a last minute penalty. I don’t buy this home grown youngster view. The only reason they were given game time is because the squad is so lacking. Realistically, none of them were league 1 level and probably only dipepa could do a job in league 2. 

Edited by valiant_593

Not going today even if I could (thanks Sky). The ‘competitive/must-win’ games have been bad enough, so goodness knows what this will be like, worse than watching an England friendly I imagine.

It feels like there is a dark cloud over the club and it needs shifting pronto. So I think this will be more like the funeral and less the relegation party.

I’ll probably get a Season Ticket next year, although I have to admit to being a little disappointed at the lack of incentives.

After a season as rotten as this one - now actually worse than Bruno / Brown if you can actually believe that - surely a complete reset is needed with some form of attempt to get a toxic / divided / disinterested (remember only 900 went to Burton) fan base to back the Team.

Knowing Vale we’ll win 5-0 today. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I’ve never seen a Vale side as bad as this in so many different ways.  This current side , with a few exceptions, is lazy, spineless and has no passion whatsoever. Many of them are just getting a pay check for faffing about for 90 mins.  Teams in the past knew how to pass a ball at least, and had a bit of fight about them. I’m glad the season will be over today , but I’m not exactly looking forward to the new one, with the way the club is being run. Time will tell, I suppose. 

In a nutshell that's exactly what I've seen .

The ownership have to step up now even though we wouldn't have a club without them.

What's the point in having a club if the players don't represent the Club how the fans deserve them too and want them too.

It's being a very abject seasons work overall a few highlights though I suppose you can hang onto them if renewing your season tickets .

I think the Middlesborough game was the turning point we played like we were frightened stiff it's being generally downhill since then .

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

In a nutshell that's exactly what I've seen .

The ownership have to step up now even though we wouldn't have a club without them.

What's the point in having a club if the players don't represent the Club how the fans deserve them too and want them too.

It's being a very abject seasons work overall a few highlights though I suppose you can hang onto them if renewing your season tickets .

I think the Middlesborough game was the turning point we played like we were frightened stiff it's being generally downhill since then .

The wheels fell off long before the Boro game 

• Like 1

I think it’s quite normal for folk not to bother today. It has the relative importance of a pre-season friendly, and some are rightly furious by how poor it’s been. I went through a similar feeling after derby. Absolute despair by how bad it was - and took a few weeks off as I knew it wasn’t good for me.

Also fine if people want to go. A pre-match pint, the routine for the last time till August, seeing a few pals - it’s good for you after a long week regardless of the football.

Just let people do what they want, imo. Most of us will be trudging back in August. 

• Like 7