onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players I never want to see in a Vale shirt again

40 minutes ago, BlytheValiant said:

We always looked vulnerable at the back in our promotion season too.  It’s just too easy to play against unless you are predominately playing in the oppositions half.

It is a tactic that relies on scoring more goals than the opposition. We were not high goal scorers.

Advert

As most have already commented, the retained list has got to be minimal. There are as always differing opinions but the general consensus is keep Ripley, Chis, Garrity and the young'uns, all the rest ought to be binned. I fully accept that some of the players were never L1 standard which some on here have put forward the argument that they will do a job in L2. I understand that point of view but personally disagree with it. This season my biggest frustration by far has not been the players ability, or lack of, it has been the fact that that they are quite simply serial bottle jobs. In match after match this season they have shamed themselves and the badge with pathetic, gutless performances against opposition that was there for the taking if only they had shown some fight. This cowardice got worse as the season unfolded and was at it's worst in all those must win games that they never once broke sweat or put a foot in where it hurts. 

Lack of ability I can accept. Lack of bottle I just cannot.

Get rid, start again.

• Like 6

People need to brace themselves for the release of the initial retained list . 
The Club can’t just ‘bin off’ players under contract so they’ll be shown as ‘retained’ . 
The work will come after when some will either be transfer listed or told they’re surplus to requirements and can find themselves another Club . Others may enter into negotiations to be released by mutual agreement. 
Lots of work ahead for Moore and his team over the Summer months, hopefully this will lead to a much better squad in place for the start of the season . 
Patience needs to be shown and no use getting all worked up over the initial announcement , it won’t be the end product , give them a chance to put it right .
Here’s to looking forward to a brighter future come August . 
UTV 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old School said:

As most have already commented, the retained list has got to be minimal. There are as always differing opinions but the general consensus is keep Ripley, Chis, Garrity and the young'uns, all the rest ought to be binned. I fully accept that some of the players were never L1 standard which some on here have put forward the argument that they will do a job in L2. I understand that point of view but personally disagree with it. This season my biggest frustration by far has not been the players ability, or lack of, it has been the fact that that they are quite simply serial bottle jobs. In match after match this season they have shamed themselves and the badge with pathetic, gutless performances against opposition that was there for the taking if only they had shown some fight. This cowardice got worse as the season unfolded and was at it's worst in all those must win games that they never once broke sweat or put a foot in where it hurts. 

Lack of ability I can accept. Lack of bottle I just cannot.

Get rid, start again.

To me this is why we need a complete clear out along with players under contract. Move as many on a possible.

Release everyone out of contract, those under contract put on the transfer list.

It’s the only way to change the culture.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MBE said:

To me this is why we need a complete clear out along with players under contract. Move as many on a possible.

Release everyone out of contract, those under contract put on the transfer list.

It’s the only way to change the culture.

I still cannot understand the mentality. 

Was the set up at Bolton same as Peterborough as that set up showed no ambition 

You play to win not too keep the score down .

Moores negative set ups are as much too blame for relegation as the players inability to fight to put pride in the badge .

Under Crosby at least in the games prior to Carlisle away where we gave game away (sound familiar as we must have given about 20 defeats away through our own play not the opposition doing anything special )there was something under Moore one 58 minute performance v Bristol Rovers h where the players put in what Horton Rudge Adams teams did weekly not for 60 minutes odd of a new managers tenure .

I cannot believe that Moore hasn't improved us .

He hasn't 

If anything we have become a lot worse .

Unless he was told to take them down due to the flitcroft saga .

So it looks then like it's the fans fault .

We see what a good manager he is now .

Why waste time let's have the list today 

Edited by Dipepa delight

2 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Moores negative set ups are as much too blame for relegation as the players inability to fight to put pride in the badge .

Under Crosby at least in the games prior to Carlisle away where we gave game away (sound familiar as we must have given about 20 defeats away through our own play not the opposition doing anything special )there was something under Moore one 58 minute performance v Bristol Rovers h where the players put in what Horton Rudge Adams teams did weekly not for 60 minutes odd of a new managers tenure .

He hasn't 

Why waste time let's have the list today forget Cambridge be only 1000 odd there .

I’ve got a different take with negative tactics. 

I thought Moore made us compact, better organised  and we started keeping clean sheets and managed a few results. Once we had to win and be more positive on the front foot we were very easily picked off and conceded goals for fun. I think this is the main reason our home record is atrocious. Combine that with a team which finds it very difficult to score I honestly don’t think DM had a choice. History has shown us when we concede 1st we lose so the only way to combat that is to sit in, keep a clean sheet and play for setpieces.

If we had pace we could counter attack but that’s just another story of our arrogant recruitment.

The difference with Crosby teams though we had a very good midfield with Blaster and Devine so we could keep the ball and try and attack. DM hasn’t had that luxury. The squad he inherited was significantly worse than Crosby’s plus Ojo has been sulking and stopped playing.

Generally we ended up with a very poor group of players, one of the worst in my lifetime.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Ojo has been sulking and stopped playing.

Generally we ended up with a very poor group of players, one of the worst in my lifetime.

Correct .

What's with ojo does he think he is something special cause he isn't. 

The other statement you made is spot on.

I guess he had no faith in players then if set up for a  0-0 every game. 

The turning point was Ollie going back and Devine going to Plymouth as game v Wigan Blackpool and Charlton he was getting in the groove we were scoring it was brilliant and i thought maybe play offs if carry on doing there thing .

D Gore who didn't play so you could say in theory flitcroft had the right idea if Ollie and Alfie were allowed to stay I don't think we had of gone down .

Says it all that 2 loan players better than majority of Port Vale players doesn't it 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

He hasn't 

Why waste time let's have the list today 

I don't like the defeatist attitude and negative approach 😒

I get Bolton and Peterborough are better than us.

Bolton and Peterborough both lost at home to Carlisle. Orient won 3-0 away at Portsmouth. Derby lost at Shrewsbury and drew at Cheltenham. Plenty of other examples. 

We can't go toe to toe but too many times we have our bellies tickled.

In no scenario is a 3-0 defeat acceptable in my opinion. Me and a mate I go to the game with had a ding dong on Wattsap about Peterborough where he said we were seconds away from the perfect first half . I replied there was 45 mins left and we would of got spanked anyway even if 0-0 at half time. 

We only beat Derby last season due to 10 men and the gods were in our favour. In general we are beaten before a ball is kicked and rarely

score against the bigger fish. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Correct .

What's with ojo does he think he is something special cause he isn't. 

The other statement you made is spot on.

I guess he had no faith in players then if set up for a  0-0 every game. 

The turning point was Ollie going back and Devine going to Plymouth as game v Wigan Blackpool and Charlton he was getting in the groove we were scoring it was brilliant and i thought maybe play offs if carry on doing there thing .

D Gore who didn't play so you could say in theory flitcroft had the right idea if Ollie and Alfie were allowed to stay I don't think we had of gone down .

Says it all that 2 loan players better than majority of Port Vale players doesn't it 

Yes Ollie going back was the beginning of the end and not bringing in a LWB and ST sealed the deal.

• Like 1

Someone who's departure has been overlooked somewhat, due to the lament for Ollie and Alfie, is Josh Thomas. He was getting better and knew where the net was. Not only fast, but also chased, which are two different things. Would have grabbed more goals than those who replaced him. Ah well.

• Like 4

Someone who's departure has been overlooked somewhat, due to the lament for Ollie and Alfie, is Josh Thomas. He was getting better and knew where the net was. Not only fast, but also chased, which are two different things. Would have grabbed more goals than those who replaced him. Ah well.
He was injured on international duty. Still is injured.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Show's you how bad Andy Crosby handled him

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, 1 said:

He was injured on international duty. Still is injured.

Didn’t realise he was still injured. 

• Like 1

I said it at the end of last season and I will say it again now.

The whole defence needs replacing. 

Jones should have never been given a new contract. I would have played more games than him & i'm nearly 50 and unfit.

Smith's not been very good for two seasons now and yet people think miraculously he's going to be good in league 2.

Why is a player being awful for 2 years suddenly going to become good?

I can not wait for next week when Uche Ikpeazu is released and then we can stop this pathetic love in with a player that is never match fit and only scored once all season.

He's a professional footballer and should be able to last 90+ minutes each week.

Get rid of all the out of the contract player's because that instantly makes room for new recruits that want to play for the badge.

People say that we should keep Garrity, Chislett & Ripley - I tell you now, we will not have a choice to keep them because with only 1 year left of their contracts, some League One sides will  take a gamble on them in the summer and get them at a snip. That's not a dig at Carol by the way but that's how the world works in football transfers. I can imagine someone like Steve Evans taking Garrity to Rotherham for £250k.

Let's stop signing players that have just been relegated with other teams because they have all got a losing mentality around them - Ripley, Mitch Clark, Chislett and Jenson Weir were all relegated last season.

I do not want the stink of relegation hanging around the place or changing rooms next season, I want to see a winning mentality.

We can not  pay up players contracts, this is true but I would be going to Ojo, go find yourself a new club. 

I would go to Dan Jones and say here is 3 months wages, now, you can jog on.

The same with Conor Grant and Jason Lowe. Offer them a pay off but not all the contract.

Also, is it only me, but when James Plant first came onto the scene last season, he was a goal scoring, attacking midfielder? 

Whose stupid idea was it to start playing him at wing back?

Let's play him in the position he burst onto the scene with, getting him scoring goals again and then sell him for a big fee.

The sooner the club appoint a new a Director of Football or Head of Recruitment or whatever the title might be, the sooner that chosen person can start dealing with the aftermath of the last two seasons.