onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players I never want to see in a Vale shirt again

5 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

if thats the case carol will get a rude awakening when it comes to season ticket sales in the summer.

And thats your choice brother.  

Interestingly, I was listening to the A&V pod this morning; as Steve says - they're all angry and hurting right now, arent we all.  But, give it till the middle of June and we'll all be desperate for the season to start and get down to Vale Park in August, have a beer, see all the faces we know....

Add to that, IF we keep one or two of the chaff - and we can all carry on hating on them on here, but we add some good signings as well, then we're bound to want to get down the Vale and watch/support them, arent we...??

Even Bezzer will renew his ST.  You mark my words.

Laters

• Like 1

Advert

50 minutes ago, Osh said:

Yep - I agree with most of that.  BUT we simply don't have the money to py up everyone's contract and bin them all off.  Thats not realistic - I just don't see it happening.

Just my 2' worth brother.

You’re right we certainly can’t just pay them all off, that is simply not going to happen. I’m hoping with a few of them though who have been more used to L1 wages we have wage reduction clauses in their contracts for relegation and that might make the decision for a few of them to see if another club will take them on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Osh said:

And thats your choice brother.  

Interestingly, I was listening to the A&V pod this morning; as Steve says - they're all angry and hurting right now, arent we all.  But, give it till the middle of June and we'll all be desperate for the season to start and get down to Vale Park in August, have a beer, see all the faces we know....

Add to that, IF we keep one or two of the chaff - and we can all carry on hating on them on here, but we add some good signings as well, then we're bound to want to get down the Vale and watch/support them, arent we...??

Even Bezzer will renew his ST.  You mark my words.

Laters

I can’t watch us line up again with jones, Lowe, Grant, loft all starting. Guessing Massey will be released so won’t have to put myself through seeing him play again. If come first game of the season, then lot are in the side I won’t attend. I know it makes me less of a fan according to some but I really dislike this group. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

if thats the case carol will get a rude awakening when it comes to season ticket sales in the summer.

I think the season tickets should reflect the players who going play for you, so if the chairlady knows they much ado about nothing then that should reflect in the price.

People are not stupid very  few are going pay 335 quid ,watch some of the dross we have watched this season on reflection of what I've witnessed in terrible home games bar a few I'd price them at no more than 230 quid 10 pounds a game .

Theres no way on this earth the however many who got one last year will get one at 335 quid to watch on reflection poor footballers .

So it's best for all parties to ask politely players, who have failed and continue to fail the club,  to move on and go play for someone else and make there fans a laughing stock cause that's what they have done to my proud club

I do not accept any apologies and why should I we do not ask for much but we do ask for the players who represent us be professional and play like they love the club ,they haven't they have played like they hate the club. 

Have they been if your answer is YES (forum folk)there's no hope for us .

Get them gone 

Do it as quickly and efficiently as .

As losing becomes a habit .

FGR will tell you that clearly 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

You’re right we certainly can’t just pay them all off, that is simply not going to happen. I’m hoping with a few of them though who have been more used to L1 wages we have wage reduction clauses in their contracts for relegation and that might make the decision for a few of them to see if another club will take them on.

Who knows we may be able to loan some of them out to reduce the wage burden? Would have thought more chance of other clubs considering loaning our unwanted, under contract players than paying any transfer fees.  May be a few Mal Benning type ‘transfers’ - players finding other clubs and then agreeing to cancel contracts by mutual consent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osh said:

Yep - I agree with most of that.  BUT we simply don't have the money to py up everyone's contract and bin them all off.  Thats not realistic - I just don't see it happening.

Just my 2' worth brother.

We can be in a position where we offer 2 or 3 players a settlement for the rest of their contracts.

Here you go Grant, he is 3 or 6 months salary, now go find yourself a new club

• Like 1

15 hours ago, philpvfc said:

You conveniently miss the first 3 games of Moore’s reign where we conceded 7 goals, throwing away points at Cheltenham and Reading.Arblaster and Devine were gone a few games before the end of Crosbys reign who despite not having Arblaster we managed to beat Blackpool 3-0 and get a draw at Wycombe. Garrity has come back from injury for Moore as has Uche.

That’s why I said during those games.

Those 1st 3 were tough because it was Sat Tues Sat so it was difficult period to change too much.

We’’ve conceded goals  and lost games because of poor individual errors rather than the team setup in my view.

Garrity has had to play deeper because there is no midfield and Uche has had his chances but time again shows he’s not a goal scorer. Ironically we really could have done with Garrity playing off him but when your choice of midfield partner is Jenson Weir it’s a no brainer to drop Garrity deeper. Point is manager has had very very limited options.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

That’s why I said during those games.

Those 1st 3 were tough because it was Sat Tues Sat so it was difficult period to change too much.

We’’ve conceded goals  and lost games because of poor individual errors rather than the team setup in my view.

Garrity has had to play deeper because there is no midfield and Uche has had his chances but time again shows he’s not a goal scorer. Ironically we really could have done with Garrity playing off him but when your choice of midfield partner is Jenson Weir it’s a no brainer to drop Garrity deeper. Point is manager has had very very limited options.

Manager has had plenty of options, as proven by his constant switching, especially in the earlier games, it’s been Moore’s choice to play Garrity deeper, hoe could have used Walters more, the fact he has dropped Chislett at times and played Garrity deeper is criminal, the pair of them have scored 18 goals as opposed to 2 league goals from Uche and Loft. Defensive errors have been a problem all season, but is that partly down to playing 3 at the back on a wide beach?

Dont make excuses for Moore, he has been garbage since arriving, we have become worse and Moore has to take a big responsibility for us going down. Let’s hope with a good recruitment drive he can make amends next season and get us in the top 7.

• Like 1

Also, look at the teams we played when comparing…..not one of the 7 in your list are top 6 teams and the first 3 games were Cheltenham, Reading and Lincoln. Compare this to Crosbys last 10 games which include Derby, Portsmouth & Barnsley, all promoted or play offs. Let’s face it, this was Crosbys worse period but he still managed to pick up more points against tougher opposition. We have gone backwards since Moore arrived. Only 3/10 of Crosbys last games had Arblaster available so don’t use this an excuse. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

We can be in a position where we offer 2 or 3 players a settlement for the rest of their contracts.

Contractually we can’t just say bugger off we will pay you x amount, it will have to be the full amount but hopefully we can encourage players to leave, help find them new clubs, tell them they are unlikely to have regular football here but I can’t see many, if any clubs taking our dead wood for a similar wage after we have dropped down a division. Also, this is going to demotivate our players further. 
We are going to be stuck with some naff players for at least another season, but let’s get rid of those we can and try our best to keep hold of players like Garrity, Chislett and Dipepa otherwise we are just going to have the naff players left.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Contractually we can’t just say bugger off we will pay you x amount, it will have to be the full amount but hopefully we can encourage players to leave, help find them new clubs, tell them they are unlikely to have regular football here but I can’t see many, if any clubs taking our dead wood for a similar wage after we have dropped down a division. Also, this is going to demotivate our players further. 
We are going to be stuck with some naff players for at least another season, but let’s get rid of those we can and try our best to keep hold of players like Garrity, Chislett and Dipepa otherwise we are just going to have the naff players left.

I agree to an extent but players & their agents will listen to sensible offers to pay up their contract because a) they will not be playing next season b) Their money will already be reduced this season because of relegation clauses in the contract c) If they are not playing, they will not pick up any bonuses for wins, positions in table etc (I know that sounds hard to believe after the last 18 months d) it will do their career no good at all for the following season, if they just want to sit on their contract whilst not playing and then trying to sign for a new club. It would be a bad look for them if they played a season without any games and it looks like they have an attitude because they would rather get paid then move on and play.

We can play right hard ball on this and I'm expecting we will with one or two contracted players

Even though they are still under contract, we will be very lucky to keep hold of the likes of Garrity, Ripley and Chislett. The Power is still very much in those players hands with what they want to do next season

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Also, look at the teams we played when comparing…..not one of the 7 in your list are top 6 teams and the first 3 games were Cheltenham, Reading and Lincoln. Compare this to Crosbys last 10 games which include Derby, Portsmouth & Barnsley, all promoted or play offs. Let’s face it, this was Crosbys worse period but he still managed to pick up more points against tougher opposition. We have gone backwards since Moore arrived. Only 3/10 of Crosbys last games had Arblaster available so don’t use this an excuse. 

Lets not forget that included in that run was losing to bottom of the table Carlisle and getting thrashed at second from bottom of the table Fleetwood.

Let's not forget that Moore had a much weaker squad to choose from compared to what Crosby had and even then Crosby messed up big style

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Manager has had plenty of options, as proven by his constant switching, especially in the earlier games, it’s been Moore’s choice to play Garrity deeper, hoe could have used Walters more, the fact he has dropped Chislett at times and played Garrity deeper is criminal, the pair of them have scored 18 goals as opposed to 2 league goals from Uche and Loft. Defensive errors have been a problem all season, but is that partly down to playing 3 at the back on a wide beach?

Dont make excuses for Moore, he has been garbage since arriving, we have become worse and Moore has to take a big responsibility for us going down. Let’s hope with a good recruitment drive he can make amends next season and get us in the top 7.

Rhys was not a viable option in the position we were in. His limited appearances have more than shown that.

I will judge Moore next season when he’s had a pre season and hopefully given the opportunity for a clear out. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I agree to an extent but players & their agents will listen to sensible offers to pay up their contract because a) they will not be playing next season b) Their money will already be reduced this season because of relegation clauses in the contract c) If they are not playing, they will not pick up any bonuses for wins, positions in table etc (I know that sounds hard to believe after the last 18 months d) it will do their career no good at all for the following season, if they just want to sit on their contract whilst not playing and then trying to sign for a new club. It would be a bad look for them if they played a season without any games and it looks like they have an attitude because they would rather get paid then move on and play.

We can play right hard ball on this and I'm expecting we will with one or two contracted players

Even though they are still under contract, we will be very lucky to keep hold of the likes of Garrity, Ripley and Chislett. The Power is still very much in those players hands with what they want to do next season

No self respecting professional footballer would want to be at a club where they have no future and are ostracised. I agree, play hard ball, make our stance known. Then as you say the ball gets rolling and hopefully their agents are on the phone to Spennymoor, Winsford or Truro City and they can leave. 

We can't afford ( playing wise ) to have some of these loitering around without the possibility of another struggle for league two survival. They are hopeless. 

A minus 33 goal difference is a disgraceful statistic amongst numerous records we've set this season. Get them gone. 

There are ways and means. Doesn't have to involve payouts of over a million quid to the cast offs. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Or a club prepared to take on the contract.

• Like 1