onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup replays scrapped

19 hours ago, Connolly said:

Is anyone actually surprised..?

They're making their own beds, and they'll have to lie in it.

If it gets too silly Vale could always rejoin the staffs senior league.

Cheaper tickets, and local away days all year round... in the finest county in the land 

Yeh and might win the odd game 😳

• Haha 1

Advert

12 hours ago, Doha said:

Angry statements from Peterborough, Tranmere, Accrington, Exeter, Grimsby, Crawley, York, Chester, Eastleigh, Dorking and Farnborough so far, + Millwall’s manager criticising it in interview. Also seen one non-league club say they won’t enter the cup next season. 

We’ve got to get on this tomorrow surely?

Yes. Well done Vale!

• Like 2

Rob 

please put this thread front and central rather than in the back water of ‘other football’ 

I really think it’s important and would encourage everyone to sign the petition link I posted earlier and also send it to their contacts at other clubs. It should in theory possible to get thousands of signatures to object to this short sighted, self interested decision 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, osprey said:

Rob 

please put this thread front and central rather than in the back water of ‘other football’ 

I really think it’s important and would encourage everyone to sign the petition link I posted earlier and also send it to their contacts at other clubs. It should in theory possible to get thousands of signatures to object to this short sighted, self interested decision 

The thread is, by dint of being read and replied to "front and centre". It's the top of the Hot Topics section. It's had over 1,700 views now and growing...

However, I don't want to set a precedent by moving something into the wrong category. I think Other Football Issues is the right place. 

I'd also point out there are three articles on the OVF front page about this all of which contain a link to a Change.org petition as well.

This subject is being pushed on here.

• Like 2

I shall watch the Coventry Semi final at the week-end but boycott the other one. Not that it will make an iota of difference, but as they say " When a butterfly flutters its wings in the Amazon a chain reaction can cause a Tornado in Texas."

To allow anyone who hasn't seen the various statements today I can offer a summary below. As usual I may well be wrong on some facts but as I see it...

1. The FA issued a statement saying the EFL were consulted on the changes:

a) Negotiations that have been going on for a year

b) It was approved by EFL representatives. In the words of the FA statement "The calendar for next season was approved last month by the Professional Game Board, which consists of four EFL representatives and four Premier League representatives and then by the FA Board, which includes Premier League, EFL, National Game and grassroots representation. This is the process we undergo every year to approve the calendar."

2. The EFL have now issued a statement challenging that:

a) FA Cup changes have been part of negotiations over financial fair play but nothing was agreed.

b) The approval of the four EFL people who are on the Professional Game Board is NOT consulting all the clubs. The Game Board is merely there to sign-off on the fixture list, they are not there to agree a change of format. The EFL statement says that even then, when those people voiced concern, their comments were brushed aside - "As part of the discussions the EFL representatives did challenge the position and were told that Clubs would be comfortable with no replays. They were effectively advised that, as a result, of it being an FA competition, the fixture list needed to be agreed as presented."

If the EFL is right then that's a quite extraordinary statement from the FA earlier.

How on earth did they think they could convince people that consultation with and sign-off from the EFL had taken place when the clubs themselves know that isn't true?

• Like 3

Scrapping FA Cup replays sucks bigtime, some of my most memorable moments supporting Vale are from FA Cup replays.

It seems like the decision was made "Solely between the FA and the Premier League" and if so should be overturned and reviewed and overturned.

Statements like, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said his responsibility is to "protect our players" show a lack of knowledge about the FA Cup and English football history. The answer is simple for EPL clubs involved in Europe, put out your 2nd string payers, FFS you horde enough of them or even don't enter the competition.

What happened to the saying, "Football is all about the fans".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68856480

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

If the big lads don’t want replays they could just kick the ball into their own net in the 89th minute. Problem solved. 

Why not kick em out of the fa and league cup take the European places that go with them as well they would soon want replays back if they thought some lower league club was going get a piece of there pie 🥧 I know it would never but every football fan should boycott the televised games as that would hit the fa in the pocket when the BBC can't justify paying licence fee money on something no one watches and itv won't pay because there's no premium advertisement money to pay for it greed is rooted in football top to bottom and it's killing the game 

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Scrapping FA Cup replays sucks bigtime, some of my most memorable moments supporting Vale are from FA Cup replays.

It seems like the decision was made "Solely between the FA and the Premier League" and if so should be overturned and reviewed and overturned.

Statements like, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said his responsibility is to "protect our players" show a lack of knowledge about the FA Cup and English football history. The answer is simple for EPL clubs involved in Europe, put out your 2nd string payers, FFS you horde enough of them or even don't enter the competition.

What happened to the saying, "Football is all about the fans".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68856480

Artera , De Zerbi , and even Guardiola  , has no idea what the FA Cup means.  But the biggest insult of all was when Manure didn’t enter , preferring to play in the Club World Cup instead. 

• Like 2