onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

36 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

If we're not in the top three by the end of November, get rid and get a proper manager in, a manager who is tactically aware, shows passion and desire to win, can motivate players and speak in coherent sentences in interviews. 

Are you not happy with the progectory and intentity in the arena?

• Haha 2

Advert

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

O

I thought meant my calculations 

Yes no erm in terms of collectively and individually you are right

Yes no erm in terms of renewing my season ticket individually and collectively,I won't be renewing my ST

Jacko,2 points out of 18 is bad,are you saying 10 out of 51 is acceptable? I honestly think we played worse under Moore,we didn't score in 10/17 games

No way was I saying 10 out of 51 is acceptable. I was just pointing out that we have been pants for ages before Moore arrived. 

• Like 2

I’m not one for knee jerk reactions, but bringing Lowe on yesterday was the last straw for me. 

Get rid of Moore and 90% of the squad and we may have a chance of not being relegated again next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cheeky said:

I’m not one for knee jerk reactions, but bringing Lowe on yesterday was the last straw for me. 

Get rid of Moore and 90% of the squad and we may have a chance of not being relegated again next season.

We can shout it from the roof tops about getting rid of Moore but it certainly isn't going to happen before the season starts and thats a fact so no point really.

I dont think anyone is saying he is the messiah and has done a fantastic job,i haven't seen one post saying that  but what some are saying including myself is to give him chance to build his squad which he didn't do at Huddersfield and hasn't done here then lets see how we start and if we start as we ended then by all means lets shout it because as Jean said he will soon be gone then.

I still keep seeing this 5yr thing mentioned but unless he does become the messiah then that's also never going to happen

• Like 3

Just now, werstayinup said:

We can shout it from the roof tops about getting rid of Moore but it certainly isn't going to happen before the season starts and thats a fact so no point really.

I dont think anyone is saying he is the messiah and has done a fantastic job,i haven't seen one post saying that  but what some are saying including myself is to give him chance to build his squad which he didn't do at Huddersfield and hasn't done here then lets see how we start and if we start as we ended then by all means lets shout it because as Jean said he will soon be gone then.

I still keep seeing this 5yr thing mentioned but unless he does become the messiah then that's also never going to happen

I really do hope I’m wrong, because I’m renewing my season ticket and don’t want to have to go through another season like this one, but if we leave it until he’s had a transfer window and lost a lot of games, I suspect it will be too late.

Some people want him to be given the chance, some people want him gone. I fall in the latter camp. Like I say, I could be completely wrong and I don’t expect everyone to agree with me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cheeky said:

I really do hope I’m wrong, because I’m renewing my season ticket and don’t want to have to go through another season like this one, but if we leave it until he’s had a transfer window and lost a lot of games, I suspect it will be too late.

Some people want him to be given the chance, some people want him gone. I fall in the latter camp. Like I say, I could be completely wrong and I don’t expect everyone to agree with me. 

Everyone has their own opinion and that's fine by me

The majority of us on here want what's the best for our club,it's just that we think things differently...... we will be renewing our two either way also so onwards and upwards hopefully me owd fruit

• Like 2

I’m not one for changing managers so soon and you really want to back Moore, but at the moment I’m struggling to see how anyone can say he has shown anything to deserve it? He has been a disaster, yes it’s a shocking unbalanced squad but he just hasn’t given us anything to say he is the right fit for us, his tactics are poor, his subs are usually woeful and he just comes across a bit boring and negative, I have not seen one thing to say yes he will improve? I’d really like to know what Carol has seen to be so sure he is the right person to take us forward because if she is wrong it could be a very costly mistake that sees us drop out of the league next season!

The Moore era has been crap, don’t get me wrong, however the squad of players at his disposal are truly one of the worst in living memory. Add the fact he’s come into a club which has a poor losing culture for 18 months prior to his arrival I really don’t know what fans expect without a transfer window. 

Even the much loved Darrell Clarke, who some seem to forget was in charge when the club began the horrible losing run, wouldn’t have got a tune out of this group. It’s a squad with a collection of the worst senior pro singings I’ve witnessed in my 40 years following the club. Grant, Massey,Loft,Uche and Ojo for acting like a spoilt child 2 seasons running when things don’t go his way. Reading the thread,I’m sure some posters still think the 1st 11 was decent. The 2nd half of the season the squad was so incredibly poor without Ollie and Alfie. The loans were a massive failure, again.

Moore needs the summer, free rein to clear out to enable a change in culture, a bit of money to ensure we get 2 strikers in who know where the goal is then he can be judged in November.

Having watched a few Barrow games and Crewe at Colchester on Saturday, our current squad will get bullied in L2 and will struggle to stay up. My god the football is <ovf censored>. I’m not looking forward to it!

Edited by MBE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cheeky said:

I agree with you, so you're probably wrong.

• Haha 1

Been wondering this afternoon if there is even the patience at the club to give him as long as he needs. Even taking into account seeing some improvements in the squad, let's say we are middling around mid table next January with inconsistent results, I am not sure the pressure will be off him because of his terrible record in game management and style of play especially at home. 

For him to make it another 12 months, we are going to have to finish top half. Anybody's guess where we will be and I remain unconvinced Moore can do it. 

Dread to think what the managerial shortlist looks like if things go bad in League 2. Suppose it will depend on who gets the first conversation with Carol. 

38 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

Been wondering this afternoon if there is even the patience at the club to give him as long as he needs. Even taking into account seeing some improvements in the squad, let's say we are middling around mid table next January with inconsistent results, I am not sure the pressure will be off him because of his terrible record in game management and style of play especially at home. 

For him to make it another 12 months, we are going to have to finish top half. Anybody's guess where we will be and I remain unconvinced Moore can do it. 

Dread to think what the managerial shortlist looks like if things go bad in League 2. Suppose it will depend on who gets the first conversation with Carol. 

Hopefully Mark Bonner.

• Confused 2