onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

Advert

If I was Carol, next season, I would meet with a small number of fans (stakeholders of the club) once a month or whatever to gage fans' opinion, concerns etc. behind closed doors.

In all seriousness, although people on here might disagree with one another, it's clear to me that people on here see the issues (e.g. Flitcroft, lack of striker etc.) so early on that Carol could do with hearing these thoughts and opinions as early as possible. It would be then up to her but at least it would improve communication between club and fans.

As IMO she has been hearing a load a boswollocks from Flitcroft who was found out but it took too many transfer windows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

You got boring a while ago. Come up with some new material, champ.

Stop trying to harm my club by masquerading as a Vale fan and then posting poison here.

Your own club is also in danger of relegation, Stokiie, so it would show some honesty and integrity in you to go and support them.

Hope that is straightforward enough for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Stop trying to harm my club by masquerading as a Vale fan and then posting poison here.

Your own club is also in danger of relegation, Stokiie, so it would show some honesty and integrity in you to go and support them.

Hope that is straightforward enough for you.

Alan Tit with the his usual schtick. Get a grip you clown.

2 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Where is Carol? Nice to see her leading from the front.

She only shows up when people are wanting to give her pats on the back and tell her how just wonderful she is. Egotistical behaviour. 

Edited by Valiiant

9 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Where is Carol? Nice to see her leading from the front.

She would have been advised by the CEO to back off public comments probably.  He voiced his concerns that Carol was too open with the fans and as such needed to reduce it down at the latest fans forum.  That was his job he said. 

So she is probably listening to him and also doesn't like the fact that she screwed up big style and doesn't want to hear it from us fans who are totally bad people.

13 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

If I was Carol, next season, I would meet with a small number of fans (stakeholders of the club) once a month or whatever to gage fans' opinion, concerns etc. behind closed doors.

In all seriousness, although people on here might disagree with one another, it's clear to me that people on here see the issues (e.g. Flitcroft, lack of striker etc.) so early on that Carol could do with hearing these thoughts and opinions as early as possible. It would be then up to her but at least it would improve communication between club and fans.

As IMO she has been hearing a load a boswollocks from Flitcroft who was found out but it took too many transfer windows.

This is a great idea.

However, we have numerous fans forums where these concerns were made.

Did Carol not listen to them back if she wasn't in attendance?

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

This is a great idea.

I don't think Carol listens to many people,  after trying to talk to her at the Hamil move open meeting. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

This is a great idea.

Thought that but, for me, it should be a smaller event with no BS. Just her and A. N. Other and just a handful of regular fans.

Think it would possibly go 'some' way to help to heal the relationship between club and supports as well, as long as 'some details' from the discussions are published.

Despondency, (That we had to watch this team each match)

Hopelessness, (That there is no hope left that they will improve)

Sadness, (That it all had to come to this after Wembley)

Misery, (Knowing that there is not just a mountain to climb again but that the mountain will be much higher with any of these donkeys in the pack)

Unhappiness, (Caused by C Shanahan’s letter and the poor recruitment regime out of 2 seasons)

Gloom, (That will prevail until a chink of hope begins to shine through in the distant future, hopefully, maybe)

Joylessness, (Watching this team maybe next year)

Discouragement, (This a given to purchase any match tickets or season tickets until the whole top to bottom has been raked clear and a new and encouraging team of management and players are in place)

Don’t hold your breath, the future ain’t too bright at the moment, baring thousands spent on quality.

And the music to play, last Match baring a miracle: Tragedy,by The BeeGees.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’m sure this is not the first time it’s been suggested but would having a fan rep/director or two on the board be a way forward to rebuild fan relationships with the owners? Who that might be would be the challenge- elected by 1876 club and season ticket holders (ie club ‘members’) perhaps with annual/seasonal elections? Get the impression our CEO may be up for it but don’t know if anyone else currently on the board would be.

Found this posted by an Everton fan group a few years ago. Food for thought?

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1