onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

50 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Simply not true. Already quoted above that we were 5 unbeaten when Clarke went on leave. 

You can't go 5 unbeaten and slide down the table. 

Anyway no point rewriting history. 

Crosby was a disastrous appointment and most clubs sack the assistant too as guilty by association. 

Not us. We give him the job. Majority on here called it a shocking appointment and were proved right. Although I do agree he was hampered by recruitment. 

Hampered by recruitment?. More like hog tied. Proven by Darren Moore also not able to get results from them.

Advert

Didn’t particularly rate Clarke when he was our manager to be honest. He got us over the line (just) and there were some great performances under him but there were also some atrocious outings (Walsall and Salford at home the season we went up stick out)

I’d like to see Moore given a chance with his own squad. Hopefully he can use his contacts or we can get a decent scouting network set up ASAP and build for next season, whatever division we are in (though, I think that will be League Two). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Didn’t particularly rate Clarke when he was our manager to be honest. He got us over the line (just) and there were some great performances under him but there were also some atrocious outings (Walsall and Salford at home the season we went up stick out)

I’d like to see Moore given a chance with his own squad. Hopefully he can use his contacts or we can get a decent scouting network set up ASAP and build for next season, whatever division we are in (though, I think that will be League Two). 

You're going to have defeats and shockers in every promotion side.

Fleetwood new years day under Adams.

Mansfield got battered 4-1 at home to Crawley recently. 

These things happen. 

Moore in my mind has to have us at it from the off next season. There are so many disillusioned regular fans that I fear a season of mediocrity will see the crowds plummet alarmingly next season. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TonyD said:

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies for that.

If I put myself into Carols position right now, I would be really struggling emotionally and mentally.  Carol had total trust in Dave Flitcroft and he has only been gone for a very short time.  I would imagine there is some sort of grieving process she is going through.

The video that was recorded of her in the Valiant Suite and then put online has effected her trust in how things are perceived.  She will feel that everything she says will be used against her and that leaves her in a very isolated and difficult position when it comes to communication.  It was very naïve of her to do what she did in front of paying fans, they are not trusted friends.  However, publishing a video of somebody clearly distressed is a pretty awful thing to do and most of us would have been absolutely devastated by it. 

We feel like we do about the situation as fans, imagine having invested millions and ending up back at square one, how would you feel?  Yes there is plenty that Carol herself has done wrong, not least trusting the former DoF, but even if it is her fault she is still a person who needs to come to terms with it all.

I am prepared to give her next season.  The Shanahan's have the very best interests of the club at heart, even if they are getting it wrong at the moment in various areas.

Lets just remember that whilst its ok to criticise what's happened, its not ok to criticise Carol as a person.  She probably needs more support right now than ever before.

Yep, bang on Tony.

Some of the stick has began to seep into the personal, with some laughable comparisons between herself and a pernicious character like Smurthwaite. Folk seem to have forgotten the well-meaning person who is probably going to be feeling a tremendous amount of guilt, in their efforts to lash out at someone for causing relegation.

She’s ballsed up and I don’t think we need to spend any more time banging on about them - there’s absolutely no doubt that Carol is well aware of them and will be regretting them massively, both on a personal and financial level.

I sincerely hope she takes some time to reflect and rest after a very intense and damaging couple of years. The club and fanbase can survive relegation to League 2 (I’ve already been through it twice in 20 years!) and a break is sorely needed. Relegations happen and mistakes are made 

I still don’t think we will find an owner who offers us a surer guarantee of a future in this madcap football landscape. To find a local fan, willing to run the club at a loss funded by her own money, is pretty fortunate - the alternative is likely an American hedge-fund on a leveraged buyout.

We’ll be sound. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

There's so many factors aren't there ?

For example we only won one of the first 6 under Clarke as the total overhaul meant players were bedding in. 

I'm staggered to see any suggestion that Crosby is a better manager than Clarke. In fact it beggars belief.

Maybe we should of hung on to Crosby and we'd be League 2 Champions next season with his stats. 

Do you think Clarke could manage Northern Ireland U21s? 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

Yeah right...

I was being sarcastic. 

Northern Ireland under 21 is hardly a barometer mate . They won't have the resources of other countries and hardly any players to choose from.

Just because Crosby did that doesn't alter my view that he was an atrocious appointment and a very very lazy appointment by Vale. 

• Like 3