onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

ST, What do you mean by the above phrase?

Are you advocating that Carol should resign?

I already stated in my opening post that she shouldn’t sell. Unless she wants to of course.

What I mean by that is she gets very protected as an owner because of how she saved the club. And let’s get this right, nobody can deny she did that. And every Vale fan should be forever grateful…… however….. whilst the fans can moan about Crosby, Flitcroft and now Moore, and certainly justified with Flitcroft and Crosby because of the recruitment and Crosbys football was so drab i stopped going because I was glued to my seat in boredom, it’s about time she took the majority of the blame and held up her hands. 
She’s very quick to come and take the plaudits when things are going well. And very quick to hide when they aren’t. 

She needs to make a huge apology to the fanbase. 
She needs to let the fanbase know where we go from here. Do we back Darren? Will he have the window? Will a DOF have the window? How does it all affect our recruitment policy? Explain just how the club is unsustainable. Will mistakes be rectified? Basically what’s the plan? Because the previous “process” has been a monumental catastrophe.

We are in a huge mess because of her decisions and very much her lack of decisions in rectifying situations she employed.

• Like 5

Advert

I don’t want to hear empty apologies. We just need to know that they’re going to do everything they can to put it right and get back up asap (if we go down). The only way to make a statement about that is  through the recruitment and also the interaction with fans over the issues we’ve had this season. 

Edited by PV1973

I don't want to hear a word from Carol. Nothing she can say will right anything. As an owner, I'd rather she stayed in the shadows. Employ people to do the talking for her. Let them take the responsibility.

What I do want is for her to fix things.

But that will take time to work out, and until then she will still cop criticism because that's the way it is.

A year minimum, to see if we can get back up again, or if we did stay up, show some progress in the team going forward. 

Lots of other off the field things I'd want to see improved; but with the amount of losses the club is showing on the books, I don't anticipate things getting hugely better in terms of fan engagement from the club either.

Carol should never be at the forefront because when things are going badly like they are now, she gets the criticism and as an owner she will be taking that deeply personally. We don't know or have any guarantees if she were to walk away or sell up whether that would be any better. 

It's damn sight different to the days of Norman and V2001, because they were owners in bad faith. And I don't think Carol is.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

It's damn sight different to the days of Norman and V2001, because they were owners in bad faith. And I don't think Carol is.

Maybe not. But she's utterly clueless and her decisions are killing the club, one by one.

2 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Can’t argue with that , I was musing on things . For me I like to keep Carol but she’s got a few decisions to make re the club and investments 

I think if someone was to take over they’d have the decision of buying us on the way down, how far they let us fall would depend on what she would accept. Unfortunately for me she comes over as a very strong headed person, so will not sell at a loss. It’s for this reason that it will probably get a lot worse, before it gets better. PVFC cannot survive on gate receipts alone. This is where I think she’s done alright forming partnerships with agencies and the use of VP for other functions. I’d imagine the incomes from this department of business to be quite lucrative but to sustain a football club, I’m not so sure. VP needed a lot of money to be spent on it. The could say that this was a lack of due diligence but probably overlooked that fact, in the excitement of owning the football club she supports. In one way I’d say she’s spent too much money in the wrong areas, ie the exception being the RP toilets, an absolute disgrace. They’ve been out of service since the second home game of the season. I said some time ago I was concerned about the amount of money being spent on real estate, instead of the team. Real estate is more than likely unless there’s an economic downturn in real estate prices, that tend to occur, once a decade, to at least keep its price, unlike footballers. What is the interest of the person who paid for the scoreboard.?

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I beg to differ.  Clarke has a proven track record at the level below so was a solid appointment.  Where Flitcroft got lucky was that Clarke replicated that success with us in achieving another promotion, which could in no way be guaranteed let alone in the short timescale it took.  I feel your negative bias towards Clarke has blinkered your judgement on this one.  Fair to say however that this success also probably played into Flitcroft’s hands in the sense that it made it harder for the powers that be to accept that he wasn’t capable of turning things around.  Naturally the manager would get the axe first as is always the case.  Then we’re in the wait and see cycle again until finally, after changing several managers and pressure from the fans the lightbulb has had to come on.

I think your positive bias towards Clarke has blinkered your view to as Crosby was in charge for a lot of promotion season and the best run of form that season to so don't give Clarke all the credit for promotion because it wasn't all him

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wasn't even aware of Clarke other than seeing him play for us for about 5 minutes until it was rumoured that he was going to be our manager. I asked someone who knew him what he thought and he wasn't very complimentary. I also read into his history at various clubs on the internet and concluded that he is an average manager who has a massive opinion of himself, a massive chip on his shoulder about the fact that he didn't do as well as a footballer as he thought he should and an inability to recognise his own failings. Cheltenham Town fans seem divided on his merits too incidentally. . I wanted him to be a fantastic manager and propel us to greater success on the pitch but that didn't happen.

image.thumb.png.93ffec5b71d7ce7e40c5f65e634fb394.png

Well said I'm of the same opinion I have a family member who worked at Walsall with him and said that most people were glad he left 

• Like 1

Probably one of the worst things that happened, and we probably didn’t realise it at the time, was us getting rid of Colin Garlick. He openly said he didn’t want to go. 
That’s the 2014-15 season squad. We were in league 1 for that. Veseli never played for us in league 2. Birchall didn’t either. 
I'm agreeing with everything you're saying mate, but that ain't the league 2 team.
O'connor, dicko, Lines, never played for us in league 2
The one that finished 20th in league 2 was the likes of Tonge, kay, Barnet and pugh 
That one that stopped up in league 1 with page wasn't a bad side.  I remember feeling we shouldn't have been in the mess we were in that year.
Think we went ages and ages without a win and then Michael brown scored a late winner at Yeovil 2/3 games from the end and we were safe.
I agree completely though, what we've got now could very easily get us relegated again next season.
Its a completely unbalanced, awful squad.
I'd only keep garrity and I'm sure there will be offers for him in the summer and who could blame him for going?
I was looking at the squad that finished 18th in league 2 in 2015.
Pope. 
Dodds. 
O Connor. 
Dicko. 
Duffy. 
Neal. 
Lines. 
Veseli. 
Birchall. 
Yates. 

Every one of those in that period of their career, walk into our starting side right now. 
And that lot finished 18th in league 2.
Frightening.
That wasn't the squad in league two. Ha ha ha

i knew DC when he was a player at salisbury  then as a manger ! top man full of himself like fergie and ron atkinson ! missed his 5 mins at vale as a player but hey ho got belief in what he does ! fair play to him move on  weve got DM now for better or worse !! Div 4 for us next season  UTFV go again

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Carol has had a really bad 18 months with her decision making. Please don't add to this list by doing an on-field speech at the end of the Cambridge match !

It was Plymouth we wanted to emulate last year.

That worked out!

To be honest I'd have been happy if we'd have emulated Cambridge this year so maybe a speech is in order proclaiming Cambridge our flagship club for the future!

23 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wasn't even aware of Clarke other than seeing him play for us for about 5 minutes until it was rumoured that he was going to be our manager. I asked someone who knew him what he thought and he wasn't very complimentary. I also read into his history at various clubs on the internet and concluded that he is an average manager who has a massive opinion of himself, a massive chip on his shoulder about the fact that he didn't do as well as a footballer as he thought he should and an inability to recognise his own failings. Cheltenham Town fans seem divided on his merits too incidentally. . I wanted him to be a fantastic manager and propel us to greater success on the pitch but that didn't happen.

image.thumb.png.93ffec5b71d7ce7e40c5f65e634fb394.png

My nephew is a huge Gashead and, having lived in north Bristol for many years, I can tell you that Clarke was absolutely loved at Rovers.  They still hold him in high regard today.

• Like 1