onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

That bench says it all about this season.

3 points needed, <ovf censored> come on.

Yeah it’s not an appealing bench is it. Hopefully we won’t need to use it much 😆🙏🏻

Advert

Well its a certainly an attack minded bench - not a defender in sight (same as on the pitch 😍😍😍😍) - Im joking 🤣😉😉😉😉😉

Iv got a good feeling abou today, but what do I know, iv just contact adhesived me fingers to my golf matt 🙈🙈🙈

Never trust a lefty with a tin of spray 👍👍👍👍

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What about Ian Bogie? He was quite good 

He was but he'd dropped down to Orient ( I think) when we signed him. If we had one of Bogie, Taylor, Horton, Brammer, Earle, Van Der Laan or Walker today I'd be way more confident.  Even Sam Foley or Michael O'Connor would significantly improve us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JRC said:

He was but he'd dropped down to Orient ( I think) when we signed him. If we had one of Bogie, Taylor, Horton, Brammer, Earle, Van Der Laan or Walker today I'd be way more confident.  Even Sam Foley or Michael O'Connor would significantly improve us.

Van der Laan! What a player he was 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Better than the fuckers starting like Wednesday though 

Well done on getting an F bomb through the swear filter 😍😍😍😍😍👍👍👍👍 - im taking it as a good omen 💗💗

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I think another phenomenon at clubs like Port Vale is that some players stick around who could play at higher level. There can be different reasons for that, albeit I'm saying only a few players have been like that. My take on Shuker was that he was a fraction of the player I remember at Tranmere. Right at the very end of his career. 

Shuker was no longer a winger when we signed him. He played the Luke Joyce role in the first half of the promotion season and adapted to it very competently. For me he did it much better than Joyce. Too often Vale fans forget how good we were first half of that season. When the window opened we were top of the league. Second half of the season with the big names we were 10th or 11th in the form tables. We scrapped promotion due to Lee Collins most important Vale Park goal. He had a big impact on Sam Morsy and taught him you didn't need to kick players 10 foot up in the air to win the ball if you could read a game and got your positioning right. He had massive knee problems throughout his Vale career and was often playing in a lot of pain, so was never able to run full speed, or train properly. 

He was so small he tried to become a jockey after football!