onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

5 hours ago, robf said:

Unless I've missed stuff said in the press conference, there's been no word on Jones and Mighten. I presume they may be both injured if they are not in the squad at all.

I was trying to conjure up a starting eleven and there's a real issue at LB/LWB. I wouldn't start the new signing, it's too big a risk but I have no idea what to do. I'd almost be tempted to play Plant (out of position) as LWB but then who plays as RWB - Sang (who has been badly caught out of position recently)? Massey? Lomax (probably too great a gamble)? 

I think Jones is injured but I don’t think Mighten is. Just think Moore doesn’t like him.

• Confused 1

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

But this is the Vale - so anything could happen.  

He could come on and score a goal or two - you never know.  🤣

But the transfer does seem weird, unless they want to look at him for next season. 

Fraudcroft has gone hasn't he - as this is something he would have done.  🤣

A cheap foreign signing that nobody can moan about just yet because he is far too obscure for anyone to have seen play is a classic Norman Smurfwaite agent catalogue scenario. 

That’s what really pees me off is this signing of players who nobody can ever say they have ever seen play, because nobody from the club was in the states watching 2nd tier US league football in October when he last played. 

When will people actually learn from Rudge? What’s the point of having him at the club if we don’t learn from his example?

He never signed a player he had never not seen play live. Totally agree with him on that, so why does not the club? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We mustn't under rate or over rate Exeter. They've done the business by beating sides we needed beaten - Burton, Shrewsbury and Cheltenham. They also beat Stevenage at home by a goal and salvaged a draw at Orient. Drew at home to improved Charlton. 

So I'd expect them to be competitive. But they are not world beaters and applying ourselves we have reasonable prospects of winning - at least by way of not making errors in defence. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A cheap foreign signing that nobody can moan about just yet because he is far too obscure for anyone to have seen play is a classic Norman Smurfwaite agent catalogue scenario. 

That’s what really pees me off is this signing of players who nobody can ever say they have ever seen play, because nobody from the club was in the states watching 2nd tier US league football in October when he last played. 

When will people actually learn from Rudge? What’s the point of having him at the club if we don’t learn from his example?

He never signed a player he had never not seen play live. Totally agree with him on that, so why does not the club? 

In the modern game, all his matches in the US and Canada can be accessed and watched. Plus modern analysis can give objective statistics on how he performed. I'm also conscious he's likely to have trained at PV. 

We've had full back and wing back issues all season. Including that those issues cause our midfielders and young players to fill in there weakening other parts of the team. We are outside the transfer window and brought an available player in. His record is credible even if I've never seen him. 

This is not Smurthwaite world. We have got ourselves in a pickle but its not underpinned by eccentricity and / or dishonesty. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Wynne! The bloke who has not played any football since October gets a start in our most important game. You gotta be kidding. Even at his very very best his career profile is very dubious and starting him would be a wild gamble. 

Personally given that yesterday was such a write off, the clever decision would have been to have given him some minutes last night. 

I’ve been to many MSL games , the most satisfying being the pre season Houston Dynamo beating the Lardies 3-0 . The standard is decent enough , but  Messi , Suarez and a few more aside , it’s boring for the most part. I’ve also  been to a few USL matches , and that’s Conference North at best.  Goalkeeper standards are high though, as America usually produces good keepers. 
Deklan  Wynne played for Detroit and then Charleston. Neither team has pullled up any roots.  We shall see how he fares. 

Edited by Houston Valiant

Pack the park. Haha. Come on mate. There won't be 6,000 there such is the absolute shower on show. All the cheering, clapping and shouting in the world won't turn this bunch into decent footballers anyway.

Moore will no doubt manage to select a starting 11 absolutely nobody else would pick.

We're down and have been for many weeks. Accept it and look forward to (hopefully) a rebuild.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Pack the park. Haha. Come on mate. There won't be 6,000 there such is the absolute shower on show. All the cheering, clapping and shouting in the world won't turn this bunch into decent footballers anyway.

Moore will no doubt manage to select a starting 11 absolutely nobody else would pick.

We're down and have been for many weeks. Accept it and look forward to (hopefully) a rebuild.

Why would anyone accept we are down when we’re level on points with the team above the dotted line & 4 games to play 🤦‍♂️ yes it’s a possibility but to say we are already down is just bonkers, unbelievably negative & to be honest doesn’t suprise me coming from you. I’ve never heard a positive word come out your trap. I think we’ll stay up you think we’re already down that’s ok each to their own but you’ve even stated a few times you want us to go down! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Do think that us, Burton and Cheltenham are pretty much on par: p155 poor.

So, we do have a chance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Why would anyone accept we are down when we’re level on points with the team above the dotted line & 4 games to play 🤦‍♂️ yes it’s a possibility but to say we are already down is just bonkers. 

Because we're utter <ovf censored> from back to front and some of our players look like they have already accepted the inevitable. Every game now feels like we're a League Two side playing in the Cup against much better teams from the league above.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Because we're utter <ovf censored> from back to front and some of our players look like they have already accepted the inevitable. Every game now feels like we're a League Two side playing in the Cup against much better teams from the league above.

I agree we are & have been awful for the majority of the season but we’re level on points with burton who are even worse than us if not just as bad. 4 games to play & the next 2 at home, it’s certainly not over that’s a fact. Why on earth would a Vale fan wish us to get relegated anyway 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1